Pokemon Just Got Vicious! Dragon Island Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Greyhoundgames, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    #321 Xexist, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
    If they dont compare it to Pokemon, other people will. Might as well be up front that there are some similarities (and thankfully, differences)

Thursday is an eternity away! Though I do have a batchelor party tonight.. that will probably make time fly today :D

2. Greyhoundgames

Greyhoundgames Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    I am going to do a countdown to launch on our facebook page, probably starting monday. I'll try to do a variety of things over the days including a promo code, update info, etc. If anyone has any questions they want answered in one of these posts, post them here as I check this daily.

In case you don't have the link:http://www.facebook.com/DragonIslandiOS

In addition 2 people we picked randomly for promo code contests on the facebook page and have been posting their impressions if you want to read them. They are completely unknown people to us and thus 100% unbiased.

3. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    i managed to get one of the two promo codes you guys posted yesterday. (an hour after your post I saw them, figured they were already taken, but tried anyways. to my surprise no one had taken it :) lucky i guess!)

anyways, i was very impressed with everything that the game offers, the only thing that i could see would be a little tutorial about the money types to capture monsters, it seems you could trade the gold coins you start with for a ton of silver, rather than wasting them on one capture attempt. also i don't know what the first free capture attempt is using, other than silver and gold. Is it just a freebee to get you going or something?

the other problem i had was long walls of text were cut short, i couldn't figure out how to scroll down the only option was the ok button, but that made the text go away... I'm on new ipad if that helps, newest firmware.

anyways i love it, and thanks so much for the promo code! since i got it free ill be getting some IAP to help u guys out. great job and good luck when it finally releases

4. Greyhoundgames

Greyhoundgames Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Thats great that your enjoying it. Can you give an example of a specific place the text was cut off. Perhaps this is an ipad 3 issue. I dont think we tested much on ipad 3(due to not having one)

5. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    I have an iPad 3~ when the game comes out, i'll notify about the bugs in ipad 3 :)

6. superwow

superwow Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2011
    ZigZaGame Inc
    Tokyo, Japan
    Hi, thanks for the report! (Im one of the devs in case you were wondering). Was it a tutorial popup (not dialogue but an instruction)? If so, we found the issue. The paragraph was too long for that space :) We fixed it!

Yes, the first couple of cards are given to you as freebies.

7. ZigZaGame

ZigZaGame Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Earth
    #327 ZigZaGame, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
    As promised, here's the first full review of Dragon Island Blue

"I see this as a fun mix of Final Fantasy, old-school RPGs, and Pokèmon to create a unique gaming experience. It’s fun, has great depth, and makes a great RPG-time-killer." 5/5

http://www.ifans.com/blog/56638/

8. Kildar

Kildar Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Congrats on an impressive review. The reviewer raised an area of concern that I hope will be addressed in an update after the game is officially launched - the ability to choose the order of your monsters outside of the town.

9. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    yeah the text cutoff was with the tutorial.

i have to admit that i like this game a lot more than i thought that i would, the screen shots of the dungeons looked weird, but when your playing it everything works great!! having lots of fun! also I like that it shows all of the potential captures in each dungeon, that way you know when you have captured everyone in each spot.

I figured out all the capture card problems i had, i guess you just have to poke around in the item shop, then everything becomes apparent.

10. superwow

Jan 7, 2011
    ZigZaGame Inc
    Tokyo, Japan
    Thanks!

As for the the monster order thing, the intention was to make the game more strategic. By making players determine what monsters to take and what order before leaving town, theres more to think about. If you are going through a dungeon with fire monsters to fight a breeder that features wind monsters, you would need to put water (strong against fire) creatures at the front of the party, and earth (strong against wind) creatures in the back. This way you can get through the dungeon with minimum casualties and fight the breeder with monsters that have elemental advantage.

That said, if enough people say that they dont like it, we'll change it :)

11. gamelover10

gamelover10 Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Can't wait for the release!

12. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Couldn't agree with you more :)

13. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    No dragon island this week?

14. superwow

Jan 7, 2011
    ZigZaGame Inc
    Tokyo, Japan
    It should be coming out in NZ soon unless we set it to august 30th 2013 or something :p

15. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
  16. ZigZaGame

ZigZaGame Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Earth