iPad Pokemon Game!(would be great)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Oma, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Oma

Oma Well-Known Member

Hi, I was wondering,
    Wouldn't it be nice if there was a Pokemon game available on the iphone and ipod touch?
    It's my most-played game ever I think, I used to play it more then 4 hours a day when I was still a kid, and I loved it.
    Maybe they can make 1 for the ipod?

Just wndering hw you guys would think about that. :)

(Pokemon is okay, but if it looks too childy for you, another game, like pokemon, but a more grown-up version is okay too. ^^)

2. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Made by Nintendo, not happening.

3. 00011000

00011000 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    i know what you are saying... but saying "Pokemon is okay" is silly. Pokemon will NEVER be on the iPhone. I know never say never right? but still...

4. Oma

Oma Well-Known Member

Well,
    as I said in the last sentence,
    an alternative is good too.
    Something LIKE pokemon, but without the pokemon...
    Sounds wierd, but does look like a cool game to me.

And wwhy the fuck is Nintendo so fucking annying they won't make games for ipod.
    Blehh.

5. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Even if it did happen - you'd have to have at least TWO iDevices, because there would be TWO versions of the game - and yes, you'd have to trade over WiFi... ehhh.

The reason Pokemon does so well is because it makes certain Pokemon only available through trade, or a different cart, or at a different time of day - completing it successfully means that you have to play it all the time, and make sure you have a friend with a DS so that you can trade over. ;) Yes it does make for a great game mechanic, but Nintendo is perfectly happy with making new consoles and using those exclusive features to add more to the same game we've been playing for about 10 years now.

6. McChikun

McChikun Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    To be honest, I don't care much for Pokemon on the iPhone. I'm sure Pokemon wannabes will eventually show up on the device in one form or another, but if you want the real deal, get a Nintendo DS.

Truth be told, even if Nintendo were interested in making a Pokemon game for the iPhone (which it isn't), I'd much rather see the resources going into a game that is uniquely suited for the iPhone. We so often see the same kinds of games always coming out on the PSP and DS. With the iPhone, developers have a chance to create something truly innovative and wonderful, if only they don't constrain themselves to concepts they've already seen done before.

7. aerolord

aerolord Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2008
    Exclusively for Nintendo platform.

Just get a DS.

8. Ooo...shiny

Ooo...shiny Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Chemist
    Bay Area
    Yeah Pokemon

I agree, I would love to play pokemon on my ipod touch and also, animal crossing would be great. At the very least nintendo should release the old school pokemons that were available for the GBA or the gameboy color. Since these games are not officially sold anymore you have to buy them second hand and nintendo can't make money off that, they at least could make some money on redistributing them for other platforms. Which is my same argument that there should be official emulators and official roms you can download from companies like sega, nintendo, or others.

9. highonlife

highonlife Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    I play pokemon fire red on my iphone almost every day. I already beat emerald. It brings back great memories of my days as a 13 year old kid holed up in my room trying to catch them all. The games are actually quite fun! You need to jailbreak though, but the emulator is great for RPGs. Also you need to own the actual cartridges to be legal (I don't own them, but my brothers have them for their SP.)

Peace

10. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Kimtopia
    How do you play Pokemon Red on the iPhone? Is it on a website? I love Pokemon on my DS.

11. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Sr. Web Developer
    Atlanta, GA
    Hrm...

No...

12. ipodgamer99

ipodgamer99 New Member

May 10, 2009
    Pokemon gba games on ipod

its complicated. its not hard but you have to jailbreak it. You also need to get the roms. Its illeagals so i cant post where here. Jailbreaking and ipod gets you alota really cool stuff. search how to jailbreak on google and u should find how.

13. h1976

h1976 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Try Epic Pet Wars, free

14. hazmat95

hazmat95 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    its not illegal, if you previously owned teh games. u might be thinking of crcked apps. btw hacked versions of pokemon, like ruby destuny of ledgends are not illegal also

15. Yagami_Light

Yagami_Light Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Someone needs to read the DMCA. If you are in the U.S., it doesn't matter how many copies of the game you own. It is still illegal.

That rule, along with the 24 hour rule (downloading or ripping games is legal so long as you get rid of them within 24 hours) are just BS made up by pirates.

Yeah, it is rediculous, but since when has the government been intelligent? This is what happens when you let liberals be president (and yes, Bush was a liberal too. He just pretended to be conservative).

16. GDSage

GDSage Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Why would Nintendo want to release anything for the ipod? They have their own (far more successful) device to which in both hardware and software are practically printing money for themselves.

17. GDSage

GDSage Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    ...When they do start distributing GB and GBA games, it will be for their DSi.

18. DallasCowboysRock

DallasCowboysRock New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Jailbreak your iPod...

If your iPod is jailbroken, just install an emulator and some Pokemon roms. I'm too old for Pokemon, but I did put some roms on my iPod to see how they play and they run perfectly.

19. AchillesReborn

AchillesReborn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    If you're talking about a license to print money, look no further than the app store. With a billion app downloads, 20% off each sale (I'm not sure what percentage are paid apps, but it'll still be a lot), the app store can make a huge amount of money simply by distributing apps to the iphone/ipod touch. Nintendo can't complete with software sales of that scope/speed/profit level. That's not to mention the rest of itunes. You have to hand it to apple, they've owned everybody in the online media distribution market.

20. CeolCeol

CeolCeol Member

Jan 13, 2009
    What the hell? Where did this come from? Since when has any conservative party member not endorsed big business? That's all the DMCA is, just fueling the fire of the RIAA and the MPAA (and Disney, but that's another beast) so they can get as much money out of you as possible.

But if you think that somehow voting conservative will change anything you're "rediculous".