Universal Pokémon GO (by Niantic, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by diffusion8r, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Ikeda

Ikeda Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Largo, FL
    Not required. The movement only indicates there are pokes there, NOT that you'll find one. Trust me... hours at the ocean and it's nothing BUT brush/leaves.. but most nada. The intercoastal was worse (I walked down the beach and back up the intercoastal). I'll let you know when I try it tomorrow. It DOES seem to know if you're walking and what pace.

Also, Pokes are capped levelling wise. But when you level them, they seem to have higher CP (see the Pigeotto's in my screen, the higher level one was one I almost maxed before evolving).

Hatched 3 eggs today. 2 2km (weadle and the other worm), 1 5km Horsey

P.S. You won't see other players. I passed a minimum of 6 people playing tonight (2 in a field, 4 at the beach). Saw NONE of them on the screen. But I did see my Eevee get beat at a gym (so I went back to the gym with Pidgeotto and redeemed Eevee).

2. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Was ANYTHING appearing on your map, pokestops, gyms? Ive had the game load but not completely. It didnt show pokestops, gyms, and of course I couldnt find any pokemon either.

3. Ikeda

Ikeda Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Largo, FL

That happened to me during server hiccups. I swiped up the app, reopened, and it fixed it. The tell-tale for that is "near by" Pokemon is blank.

4. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    I'm jealous of everyone that got to play today. I'm still getting cannot authenticate messages when it doesn't sit the spinning forever.

5. Weird. I thought I saw someone say they bumped into other trainers on the map?

6. Gunther4C

Gunther4C Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    How does the incense work? Does it regenerate? Do you get it at poke stops? I know you start with two but I haven't used them as I don't know if that's all I get unless I use IAP, I've asked this before but no one has responded ;/

7. Ikeda

Ikeda Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Largo, FL
    It CAN drop from things. (for example, in all my searching I found 2 extra)

I ALSO found a Incubator and quite a few Revives. Remember, the only way to heal your Pokes from Gym fights is potions. Someone said somewhere that the Pokestops have "levels" based on how many people visit them. I can say that the ones closer to the road tended to drop actual items rather than just pokeballs. But it's day 1 so not enough info yet. Just like, maybe it's based on level.

Incense you click use and for 30 minutes you're the Mecca of Poke's. But I'm not sure how well it works. That is for tomorrow testing.

8. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Good idea, an armed MP probably has high CP too...

LOL!

9. TheProxy

TheProxy Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Chandler, AZ
    Caught a Pidgeot so overall a good day.

10. Gunther4C

Gunther4C Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    The fact that this game doesn't have "you get a free incense every 4-6 hours" means it pulls hammer the back....

And, the fact that you can't trade pulls the trigger...

The games good, but heavily flawed, a few updates will make this game great. Especially fixing the things I said

11. Devok

Devok Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2013
    Finally Nintendo makes a game for iOS.

12. Patthegymnast

Patthegymnast Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2016
    They should make Daily gifts! I have no pokeballs!#

13. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    Yeah so after trying to login for over 12 hours I am now not even getting the cannot authenticate message and now it's just a never ending spinning pokeball..... Probably the most irritating launch I've cared about. If I can't get on tomorrow I'm deleting it. I think it's ridiculous they have no solution or have not said anything about all the people that can't get on.

14. elfspelth

elfspelth Member

Jun 4, 2012
    Man I wish being in-range was a bit more forgiving in rural environments. Miracle of miracles, I had a Pokemon spawn near me, got about ten metres away from it, but I'd have to to trespass and crawl through barbed wire (and through undergrowth probably containing real-life deadly Pokemon: eastern brown snakes). Had the same problem with Ingress, I had hoped they had fixed that.

15. Pfloydrokr21

Pfloydrokr21 Active Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Same. I signed in through Google and it worked. It's pretty frustrating that it's the other sign in having issues. I don't have a ton of progress but it's enough that I'm not going to start over.

16. rod-

rod- Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2012
    You don't see them on the map, but it's pretty obvious when you're GOing on the same path as another person -- they'll randomly stop in the middle of the path and then walk awkwardly towards the next building before stopping and moving towards a new one.

17. Brawwwn

Brawwwn Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Just what 20 + year olds who still play Pokemon love... Going outside!

If all the Pokespots can not be located from within my parents basement then I give up.

No offense to anyone especially those younger than 16. You do you. Just, take a step back if at 23 you're at your local gym, not trying to get in shape, not trying to talk to girls, or guys, but looking for a squirtle. Sorry. Ban me. Warn me. But like really? Are adults really playing this?

18. Woodlandstar

Woodlandstar Active Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Nintendo didn't make this

19. Alfredthegreatest

Alfredthegreatest New Member

Jul 8, 2016
    Can't help but agree. Perhaps it's me being the sort of devil who just want to watch the world burn, but I'm secretly rooting for this game to fail badly. Hell, it better be the next Monster Hunter Explore for all I care!

20. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Mate - if you're not prepared to lay your life on the line to catch a Pokemon, you're just not cut out to be a trainer! You've got a good 30 minutes to sort that bite out. Your REAL enemy is your battery life!