Universal Pokémon GO (by Niantic, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by diffusion8r, Jul 6, 2016.

1. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Their CP is randomized; what I'm curious about is taking some fully upgraded weak guys (zubat, weedle, etc) and combining them, and seeing if your CP can climb even higher. Imagine having a Ratata that's over 9000! Lol

2. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    At this point I'm capable of having the game on for about two minutes before it crashes. When I start it up again, I have to log back in. Play a minute, crash, repeat.

3. So you can see others? I would think a crowded city like Manhattan would mean I'd see the occasional other trainer if that's the case. But then again, I can barely ever get on...

4. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Does anybody have any idea about the iOS release in Germany? Ty!

5. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Before Brazil, for sure. If we brazilians get a release at all. :(

6. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Mines been down for about 7 hours now been unable to login.

As for the CP what I mean is if I have a 30 CP doduo and a 100 doduo can they both end up to be just as powerful as each other? Is it just one has been levelled a bit more before you caught it or will one always be stronger than the other.

7. RyanSkotw

RyanSkotw Well-Known Member

May 15, 2015
    I do believe they have the same CP if they are upgraded the same amount. U can check the upgrade progress bar above their image.

8. machine56

machine56 Well-Known Member

May 23, 2014
    idk what you guys talking about.

never got any crash issues until this very second.

no re-login everytime app closed
    no server down.

im in Indonesia, but im using my US apple account to download the game.

iphone6, latest ios.

9. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Im on ipad 4, latest os, in NZ (a launch territory) and Ive not been able to log in for over 15 hours.

10. I went through congested Times Square and didn't see a single other person on my map. :(

11. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I already run claim to two gyms. Both at my major work areas. They gon' have to fight my ass for that shit. Hahahaha

But yeah I've had continued server issues all day. Sucks. It'll get worked out eventually I'm sure. But still.

12. Pyapiopi

Pyapiopi Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Cp for each Pokemon definitely seems to cap the same amount. Just catching one with a higher value means you need less stardust to max it.

Also evolving a Pokemon actually create a all new Pokemon, so it's pointless to train and max out a Pokemon if you plan on evolving it.

13. In the old games (if my memory serves me correctly), a Pokemon was stronger if you raised it from a low level instead of catching it at a higher level (or evolved). Is that not the case here?

14. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    How it works in the main series is for every Pokemon that is defeated, your Pokemon gets a certain number of points (called EVs or Effort Values) which affect how much its stats grow when it levels up, and these peak at 510. Therefore you're right in that Pokemon caught at a lower level are likely to have more EVs and so better stats. I'd take a very well educated guess that Pokemon GO does not have anywhere near as much complexity and depth as this and that it doesn't matter when you catch the Pokemon.

God I'm a nerd.

15. TheProxy

TheProxy Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Chandler, AZ
    Any cool tips? For example, does anyone know if an egg that takes longer to hatch has rarer mons?

One cool trick is that spinning the pokeball before throwing it gets you a "trick throw" that gives you extra xp.

Also, evolving pokemon seems nigh impossible.

16. Pyapiopi

Sep 13, 2014
    Evolving is easy for some Pokemon. The rarer the harder of course. For each Pokemon you catch you get 4 "Pokemon candies". 3 for catching, one for transferring (which you may as well do since having extras is pointless).

And the most I've seen is 50 (62 for two stages). So that's only 13-16 you need to catch. Not impossible at all.
    Then a few more to fully train it.

17. RyanSkotw

RyanSkotw Well-Known Member

May 15, 2015
    The most I've seen is 400 candies, which is magikarp. Thats insane lol

18. Pyapiopi

Sep 13, 2014
    Fair enough that's intense. I guess some will be insane. But magikarps probably are quite common if you live near a water source

19. Ikeda

Ikeda Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Largo, FL
    #159 Ikeda, Jul 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    To that guy who said it wouldn't get people to walk...

5.1 miles tonight.

But forgot to use incense before walking the beach!!! DOH!

So no Staryu, Krabby, or Squirtle. I'm heading back tomm.

2 gyms? That's it? :) that's just the top screen

[​IMG]

P.S. Those evolutions were ones I gathered enough of to do today. Just FYI. Magikarp (I'm on the water, near the ocean) and only got 20. I'm going back tomorrow morning though because I'll be darned if I forget incense again.

20. Celstra

Celstra Active Member

Apr 24, 2010
    My question: is the incense required. Because I saw some brush on app getting kicked up near me walked in that area for about 30-40min then walked all around apt complex as well as work and have seen ZERO Pokemon.