Universal Pokémon GO (by Niantic, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by diffusion8r, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    The server issues are atrocious. Late night I could login at most with 3-4 retries and today I can't no matter how many times I click sign in.

Also I got 3 Pokemon from 1 insence all in the first 10 mins and then sat there for 20 more for nothing. Has anyone got more then 3? Also I feel like it would be best used if you were walking around because you end up walking near other Pokemon, but I am unsure if it matters.

The tutorial is really weak be sure to click the tips section because it tells you how to find items.

2. Kloke

Kloke Member

Feb 1, 2016
    This is what I have seen and is a quote off a testing website.

Notification complications

As an extension of the previous point, a key tool in finding Pokémon in your area is through the use of notifications. Pokémon GO has a built in notifications system, causing your phone to buzz/vibrate when a new pocket monster appears in your locale. However, the app has to be on for this to work, it can’t function in the background or when your device is locked.

Luckily there’s an alternative way of receiving these handy physical hints, even when your phone is locked, in the form of the $35 Pokémon GO Plus wearable that appeared alongside the game at its initial unveiling; otherwise, battery saver will let you black out the screen, whilst the app can continue to run and vibrate, alerting you to the presence of new Pokémon nearby.

3. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    That's my biggest issue. I just walked five minutes through the labyrinth of my office area and went across the street to a Pokestop, only to find the servers were down. The sequence of events that allows the app to discover that the server is down is a huge problem. It asks you to log in, and only after logging in (which requires a text message and two-step auth for my Google account) will it show you if the servers are up yet. Why not check that BEFORE I put in my username, password, receive a text and auth my account, all while standing on a street corner?

4. Talaen

Talaen Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Same here.

5. Bethor

Bethor Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2015
    Before today I didn't know my gmail account password. As of today I don't think I can ever forget it.

I wish they had a auto login. :(

6. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    I had an account from the Pokemon tcg app and used that and it remembers my login info. Sounds like the easier of the two choices from what I've read.

7. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    That's crazy it sounds like it's really annoying to use your Google to login. I'm using a Pokemon account and it remembers my info but just won't authenticate today.

8. How did you get a Pokemon account? When I tried, it told me the page doesn't exist.

9. tpianca

tpianca Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    I also live in a big city in Brazil an saw nothing so far.
    The game also crashes all the time with me and I couldn't even get a wild pokemon to apear.

10. Naraka

Naraka Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Sure the online will figure itself out. Never thought I would like a Pokemon game but this is fantastic concept. I live in the city and walk all the time, this will be even more of a motivator. It's amazing how many things they have tagged. Just walking to a cpl I was able to come across some keeping the app going. Looking forward to some gaming walks.

11. musicalmac

musicalmac Active Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Same issues here with the server. Really a bummer. They'll get resolved but in the meantime it's too bad. I was enjoying my walk this morning. Capturing Pokemon.

12. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    I made it last Christmas for the TCG game and just use the same login. They probably removed the page temporarily because they can even handle the load of people that can get on already. Pretty pathetic of them to be this unprepared for crazy server load. It's freaking Pokemon of course a billion people are going to want to play!

13. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    It's very buggy, took me about 5 times to make an account and even still it didn't work or start recognising it until the next day.

Why can't the use Facebook connect like everyone else.

14. Scaramoosh

Scaramoosh Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Still no UK release

15. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Game is amazing and damn near everything I had hoped for. Definitely some issues, especially server-wise connectivity ones... as if no one else is experiencing that right now. XDDDD

16. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Oops!

Finally got in, only to have it say 'that name has already been taken' for everything I tried. Even some odd variations of my usual nick.

Wondering if it was server issue, I typed in a bunch of numbers and now I'm

Catchy, huh! :p

17. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    Lucky I've been trying to get on all day with no luck. Sucks about your name. I got BlackMrktTrainR last night.

18. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    I'm giving one star until they fix the server issues then I'll change to 4. Or 5 when I get a chance to use the pokestops and gyms.

19. rod-

rod- Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2012
    I happen to work on a relatively famous college campus and my office is actually a gym, so I'm in a good position -- and I actually ran into other players while I went on a pokestop route.

Shame that I didn't get to finish my route before servers crapped out on me.

20. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    This thread made me realize how much I miss an old Pokemon game. Might take the dust off my 3ds. Lol.