Universal Pokémon GO (by Niantic, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by diffusion8r, Jul 6, 2016.

1. sulsel

sulsel Member

Oct 24, 2013
    Thanks.

2. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Well, I gave in because all my coworkers downloaded it and are playing today. So, I downloaded on both my iPhones running iOS 8.4.1 and on both it crashes after showing the open developer screen.

Guess I won't be catching any today.

3. LastOne

LastOne Active Member

Jan 1, 2016
    I can login fine, but my town is completely empty, no gyms, no pokemons no nothing! Just me and the city map! (Beside the initial 1 pokemon of course).

I'm from brazil, maybe thats why...

4. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Are your devices jailbroken? Cuz that happens if this is the case.

5. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    My old device is jailbroken, and my new device is not jailbroken. So, either way, it's not working for me. Weird.

6. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    That's why I didn't even bother using another store. Probably we aren't going to have it.

7. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    Well I'm in the us and on the edge of no where and I have two pokestops that I can see in my neighborhood and both are at neighborhood parks with photos of the "jungle gyms" so try to go near a park for kids and see if you find something.

Also the extra Pokemon I found, some of them just walked into my circle of I waited long enough. And a few I caught didn't show as being near me.

8. danny31004

danny31004 Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Thats the next thing I tried and it worked, Thanks for a reply! App is also called tsProtector for those who need!

Gotta Catch Em All now!

9. Pfloydrokr21

Pfloydrokr21 Active Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Anybody else having trouble logging in today?

10. Kwadius

Kwadius Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Worked all morning for me and now I can't log in

11. Creepshow

Creepshow Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Haven't been able to play once. After unnecessary log in problems and the impossibility of creating a Pokemon trainer account, I finally got in only for the servers to be down and unable to handle the load.

Pathetic launch, enjoy the 1 star.

12. Kloke

Kloke Member

Feb 1, 2016
    Is a no go for me now.

I was able to play some and the game is good. That said, releasing a game where it has to stay open 24 hours a day, screen on, not locked, game in forefront is bullshit.

On top of that, to make you feel pressured the only way around that is an external device that they charge $35 for which is 100% sold out everywhere.

Which sadly I did attempt to buy and now they have no chance of that. It is a really shitty money grab. I can understand game launch issues as they were not prepared for how many wanted it but there is 0 excuses for it forcing you to be in the foreground and unlocked.

It's a joke and I will not support them now. Really great game or possibility but no alerts if not sitting there clicking the screen unless you buy an external device is BS.

At the least, make it work with watches and charge $35 IAP for the option...

13. LastOne

LastOne Active Member

Jan 1, 2016
    I live in a major city here, I comuted by a few dozen parks and important locations, nothing apeared, probably not activated in the brazilian region yet !

14. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Still playing in the UK it sucks that I can't get any Pokemon at home but I've had a few from work and being out. Terrible server issues though especially with signing in.

Anyone know if all Pokemon can be trained to be the same CP regardless of what they were when caught? Or are some just stronger than others no matter how much you train them?

15. honeyaintsweet

Aug 20, 2015
    Yeah, I tried to register for over an hour. That along with reading some other comments about having to keep the app running, etc. kind of killed this app for me before I ever got to try it. Oh well. Hopefully other people will find some joy in it.

16. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    So is this actually out in the uk? Can't see it anywhere on the AppStore...

17. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    No it's not. But you can get it off the other stores if you have an account

18. Celstra

Celstra Active Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Well per their app description on website:

"As you move around, your smartphone will vibrate to let you know you're near a Pokémon. Once you've encountered a Pokémon, take aim on your smartphone's touch screen and throw a Poké Ball to catch it."

So not sure about the always on 24/7 bit.

Source http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-go/

19. Kloke

Kloke Member

Feb 1, 2016
    My experience thus far is once the screen locks, it's done. Nothing notifies you at all and that seems to be the way of it from what I read.

For those of us with an IT policy that forces 5 min locks or that do not want our phones left unlocked for prying hands it just does not work.

Maybe someone can tell me it works when locked and I am doing something wrong.

20. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Is it scheduled to come out here? If it is in the near future I'll hold off....