Universal Pokémon GO (by Niantic, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by diffusion8r, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    Of course it would be our northern neighbor beyond the wall. Wildlings eat pikachus for breakfast.

2. bestkevin

bestkevin Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Better than the professor who grinds pokemons for candy.

3. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    Haha he is like the witch in hansel and gretle

4. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    If you've not seen this already, this is going to change your world.

https://pokevision.com Lets you put a pin in the map and scan the surrounding area. It tells you exactly where all the pokemon are near you, what they are and how long it takes for them to despawn. Ive just had it work for the first time today, so I know it works. It has been suffering under extremely heavy load, of course.

5. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    This is going to get taken down so quickly so enjoy it while you can.

6. TokyoDan

TokyoDan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Pokemon Go in Japan

I'm in a western suburb of Tokyo and there are a lot of Pokespots and gyms near my house. Collected 6 critters in about 30 minutes and then walking back to my house ran into a group a 5 low-teen guys trying to catch a critter near my house. I asked them if they had caught a lot of critters and they told me they were not having much luck. They were surprised when I showed them my Pokedex. I told them where the spots were located. Then we had a good laugh. Probably at how absurd the age gap between us was...at least 50 years.

Watching a major TV channel and so far all day long all they could discuss was Pokemon Go with occasional bits about Trump.

The authorities are probably freaking out as they created these safety guidelines.:eek:

7. Lochheart

Lochheart Active Member

Oct 30, 2013
    France
    It doen't really work well. It works for small / usual pokemon, never for rare one.

8. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #508 Nekku, Jul 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    It does. Have seen all types on the map and even spotted the EU exclusive Pantimos (Mr. Mime) and was able to catch him.
    It works better than the in-game radar where Pantimos didnt even showed up for me at all. He just popped out of nowhere.
    I wont stop using this until they've fixed their game.

9. sbirksy666

sbirksy666 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Likewise I use this all the time since they taken ages to fix the tracker system which I use to use

10. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Went to the zoo in my hometown earlier today. Don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but caught a Nideron, Jynx, Clefairy, Vulpix, Ekans, Shellder and Geodude within 10 minutes.

11. kaizenkoh

kaizenkoh Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jun 23, 2015
    Chief Evangelist
    Singapore
    Still waiting for it to launch in Singapore... In the meantime, shall focus on developing our own Rpg game. Lots to learn from Niantic in refreshing the monster collection franchise but totally looking forward to experiencing it.

12. dalglir

dalglir Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Scotland
    Two biggest helps for me so far:

Firstly: Because the game requires to be running while you 'play' it's a tremendous drain on the battery. A closed flip case fools the phone into thinking it's dark and so drains the battery less by auto-dimming the screen.

Then you just have to listen out for alerts/wait to feel a vibration, flip the screen cover open and it'll auto-brightness back into visibility.

I found that the 'battery-saver' option crashed the game or made the screen unresponsive so I prefer this method.

Secondly: if you end up with a stockpile of common candy (I have heaps of Rattatas and Weedles here), evolve spare common pokemon for extra xp, before transferring, for a nice xp boost. Levelling up nets a heap of free items and who doesn't like to odd, free incense or lure ;)

13. #513 AppUnwrapper, Jul 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    Are you sure your screen is actually dimming? When I cover the camera with my hand, it doesn't go dark like it does with other apps. The only way I can dim it at all is by turning on battery saver mode and putting it upside-down in my pocket. But since that's been freezing the game lately *and* still drains the battery, I decided to just stop caring about eggs altogether.

Edit: Just realized it's not working for anything and wonder if I somehow shut that feature. Pretty sure it used to work.

14. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    I love this game so much.

15. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Several of my options went back to default after I last updated. Also it's hanging a lot coming back from sleep mode, where it didn't before. The game is running/animating but not responsive - though sometimes I can open/interact with the menu, just not the map/pokestops/gyms/pokemon.

Jumped 3 levels over the weekend (13-16) clearing out my stock of candies. Weedles and Pidgeys are my favorite pokemon to find now! ;)

Save them up to evolve all at once when you have a lucky egg. ;)

Another thing that might just be me, is that it seems slightly easier to catch pokemon after the last update - around level 10 I was having a very hard time catching even common, green circle pokes, but now at level 16 I'm catching things more easily.

16. blueknight1st

blueknight1st Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2010
    It sure would be nice if there was more to catch that stupid rats and birds. All because I'm in a rural area. Is it really that hard for every poke to have a chance to spawn at any given spot at any given time?

17. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    It's finally launched in sg!!! Yahoooo

18. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Kiss your battery goodbye! #

19. Souljazztrainer

Souljazztrainer New Member

Jul 26, 2016
    Logging in

Have niantic missed a basic step with the game. I've got my account with Google but I signed back out as I was trying to fix the 3 law glitch. However, there isn't an option for Google players to sign back in. It's annoying as I can't play anymore and if I try to get access to the game I have to create a new account every time. Please fix this soon.

20. Try deleting the game and reinstalling?