Universal Pokémon GO (by Niantic, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by diffusion8r, Jul 6, 2016.

1. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Nobody is going to walk around whole day to find Pokemon lol. This game will only end in failure.

2. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    I probably will lol, but seriously think the idea of the game is you're meant to play it as you do everyday life type things like work, going shopping or whatever and see what Pokemon you find there. You can consciously go out purely looking for Pokemon and probably find more but depends how you want to play it really

3. Gunther4C

Gunther4C Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    I think you'd be surprised. Walk your dog, put in some music, get exercise, see the world, and catch Pokemon....does it get any better? Lol

4. Daxmort

Daxmort Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Combining the world's most popular IP with one of the world's most popular GPS-based games (Ingress)? Sounds like nothing but success to me.

5. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    You guys are just too optimistic. Sometimes saying is so much easier then done.

Maybe for casual gamers, it may work. But for most serious players, this won't work at all, they are mostly nerds camping at hm after work or after school. Going out is a serious problem lol

6. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Stop posting in this thread.

7. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    I just took a short walk to visit landmarks. Didn't catch anything new (I have nine Pokemon currently), but I found a Pokemon gym just about six minutes from my office - I'm gonna be the very best for sure!

8. Piscinarii

Piscinarii Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    They have incense that attracts wild pokemon to your location which is how I am sure they are going to get some of their revenue. I have caught 4 pokemon just sitting in my office and used one of the free incense you get when you start playing. It's fun and I know my kids and their friends will love it.

9. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    Wow, now we can't even post our own personal view? I have downloaded and played the game so I am entitled to my own view. If you wish to abuse your power so be it, I will just uninstall this TA app.

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    "STOP THE BUS!!! There's a pokemon outside."

11. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

You said your piece, now move along. We don't need to bog literally every thread on the forums down with negativity.

12. ttocs

ttocs Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Sr. Data Analyst
    Baltimore, MD
    Judging by how Ingress has a very devout cult following, I foresee this having a pretty big one too.

13. kellstrand

kellstrand Member

Apr 29, 2014
    I may or may not have walked 2 miles last night at 2am to find Pokemon. KenKen stays taking L's. Uninstall the app if you want, you know you'll be looking on your browser.

14. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    I was sitting behind a very long red light this morning, and I opened the app. There was a Pidgey right next to my car. I tapped it, and - green light. I started to move and, without looking at my phone, just started tossing pokeballs. I caught it after a few.

So even if you move out of the area, as long as you initiate the event before you leave the area, you'll be able to catch it. So yup! Bus travel will be a great way to search for Pokemon.

15. Piscinarii

Mar 20, 2010
    For those looking for info on gameplay and tips check out the support site. It's pretty detailed and explained several things to me already.

https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us

You will definitely need to catch multiples of the same pokemon to level and evolve them. You can transfer duplicates to the Professor for extra items required to level and evolve them too.

16. Piscinarii

Mar 20, 2010
    #36 Piscinarii, Jul 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
    Also, one thing that is cool is that every pokemon has a different CP assigned to it. It'll be interesting to see someone develop a database of min/max pokemon CP when caught for those of us that like to min/max our teams. Highest level I have caught was an Oddish with 44CP. (Drowzee with 71CP just walked into my office.)

17. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #37 ste86uk, Jul 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
    By my house there's literally nothing showing near by, I went to my parents which is 2 minutes down the road and there were about 15 although I took a drive around the block and it vibrated with them showing up but couldn't see how to get them. They seemed to be in people's gardens or in the RAF base....so didn't get anything

I think I can see a tower like building and something else in the distance on my map. I was guessing they would be at the main supermarket here, looks more like they are by a closed road on the river but hopefully not!

So far I mostly spotted Weedle, caterpie, magicarp, seahorse, doduo, needoran and pidgey. I probably spelt them all wrong as its been forever since I played any pokemon

18. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Why was my comment deleted on page 3?

19. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    Is it sort of golden, with perhaps a Pokemon moving around it? That's what the gym near me looks like. Like a few tall rods with some golden circles stacked on top of them.

You should be able to click on anything you can see for an explainer on it.

20. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    You should throw your pokeball if u see anyone trying to shoot u