Netflix Poinpy (by Ojiro Fumoto)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jun 10, 2022.

1. Wall Jump Games

Wall Jump Games Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2020
    Male
    Personally, my current equipment is:
    Voyager Rocket (Jump with more power)
    Prismer (Wall bonce at a higher angle and power)
    Mummy Plushie (Gain all fruits in the recipe after taking damage)
    Fruit Offering (Successfully making juice after death will resurrect you once)

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  2. Rocco SE

Rocco SE Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Male
    Modern Mime Artist
    Austria
    This is why I love mobile gaming. After Downwell this is just another masteriece in which brilliant mechanics go hand in hand with a perfect presentation. This gem opens up like and onion. I was charmed at first, but a few upgrades and levels in, I‘m simply blown away by Poinpy.

3. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

4. Wall Jump Games

Dec 13, 2020
    Male
    Woo! Wouldn’t have it any other way, I’m still addicted a few days later.

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  5. Anotherkellydown

I’m happy to announce that Jared awarded Poinpy as TouchArcade Game of the Week!

For anyone who hasn’t tried it, it’s worthy of your time.

macplash likes this.
  6. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    For those who made it to outer space after reaching gourmet level 20, what am I supposed to do there? Collect stars? Btw, I maxed out my character at level 20, collected all 30 power-ups. It’s experimenting time now to find the correct combination of power-ups I guess. And finish all the puzzles. Once again, I’m so missing the Game Center leaderboards in this game.

7. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    For those that have gotten to the end, is there a boss fight at the end like in Downwell?

8. Anotherkellydown

I believe I reached the end and there’s a special level you have to beat involving that hungry juice monster. I’m not 100% that’s the end but it seems like it. You can still chase high scores after that so I may be wrong.

I did come here to brag a little that I “beat” it, maxed out my rank, bought all the powerups and finished all the puzzle levels.

7402A4D5-0CD9-4F92-89F9-81D4D456BFDD.png A64D60BF-ECD1-4251-BDD5-A94155ED633E.png A312E649-D5EB-49F2-A9A5-372716C8768D.png

9. andreadeda

andreadeda Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Is it fair to award a game that is only available to Netflix subscribers as game of the week? It’s the same if it was an Apple Arcade exclusive I guess (has it ever happened?).
    Unfortunately I don’t have Netflix otherwise would download it but the question remains.

10. Anotherkellydown

I’ve beaten the main game, and by that I mean
    I made it to top where you have to push the red button and go into space.
    Is there more to do after that or is it just a matter of high-score chasing?

Still having a blast just experimenting with the different powerup combinations.

11. gingerbeardman

gingerbeardman Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Male
    Former Apple Technology Evangelist
    #TeamGB
    After over 8 months I've given up on ever being able to play Poinpy (and some other Netflix games).

There's something about my Netflix account that is incompatible with the game's login process meaning it never launches fully. I've seen other reports of this on Twitter.

Certain other Netflix games also complain or break to varying degrees at login, whilst the majority work just fine. Happens on all of my devices, too. Supremely annoying!

Both Netflix and Devolver have acknowledged the issue, but there have been no updates to Poinpy since release. Developer says it's out of his hands, which is understandable.

Anybody else get this error?

"Unable to add a number to a string"

Attached Files:

12. Wall Jump Games

Dec 13, 2020
    Male
    Is th
    is this the error you get whenever a Netflix game doesn’t work?