Pogo Stylus Review!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by VictorStar, Nov 8, 2008.

1. VictorStar

VictorStar Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Just got one in the mail and ran it through a few games. It's an aluminum stylus that's right at 3.5 inches long and .25 inches in diameter. The tip is a soft foam type that slides nicely over my iPod touch with a screen protector. It does take a small amount more pressure than your finger to activate but I think it would still be comfortable to use over long peroids of time.

I tried the stylus out with Enigmo, Besiegement, Fieldrunners, LineRider, Pakoon3, Trace and Virtual Villagers. Placing towers in Besiegement is spot on now. The lines I draw in LineRider and Trace no longer look like a grade schooler made them. Aiming the tools in Enigmo is so much easier and accurate. Zombie Invasion is great with the stylus also. I didn't have any problems with my drawing or taps not being recognized.

I did some research before buying this stylus and all of the reviews I saw online picked this model over the others. Right now I am loving the stylus but I will report back in a day or so to let you know if my opinion changes.

2. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    How do you preform multi-touch gestures such as zooming in Photos? I would assume you have to use both the stylus and your finger.
    I really don't see the purpose of a stylus.

3. VictorStar

VictorStar Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Well the stylus would be pretty worthless for viewing photos and with a lot of the games out. With FieldRunners I use the stylus and a finger for zooming.

To me the advantage of using a stylus is accuracy. My big fat calloused finger gets in the way on tight games like Besiegement.

4. Anorym

Anorym Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Vancouver BC
    where to buy it? other than on the internet

is the only way to get that is ordering by mail or you can find that in some stores?

5. Herp

Herp Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Coram, New York
    Sounds neat.

But I think I'd prefer my fingers over a stylus.... That's one thing I prefer to the iPhone over the NDS, no pens. :)

6. Anorym

Anorym Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Vancouver BC
    only reason im looking for one is that i bought flipbook recently and drawing with your finger isn't that easy, i was just wandering if you can find this in apple store?