Pogo Sketch iPhone stylus

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by brewstermax, Dec 25, 2008.

1. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

I've been looking for a good iPhone stylus and Gizmodo had an article about this one, so I'm thinking about getting this one. What do you all think http://www.tenonedesign.com/sketch.php

2. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    I think it looks great, and it seems cheap considering there aren't many iPhone styluses out.

I'm worried about using a stylus because:
    1. I'm worried it could scratch up the screen
    2. It looks like you need to hold the stylus nearly completely vertical to actually use it. As far as I know, you can't hold it at much of an angle (which really sucks).

3. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Can someone explain to me why you would actually need a stylus for the iPhone :confused:...

4. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    They give precision when using things like drawing apps. That's really the only use I can think of.

5. TouchGene

TouchGene Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    #5 TouchGene, Dec 25, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2008
    There are a few styluses out there, and as far as I've researched this one is (or one of) the best.

1. The iPhone and iPod touch screens are made out of optical quality glass (at least as of June 2007), a soft tip stylus is very unlikely to even leave mark.

2. It works at a comfortable angle, the soft tip is thick enough that it conforms to the screen when the stylus is tilted.

Check out this review of three different styluses for the iPhone:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMT56vyhAFc

6. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Yes. Gaming is my main issue. I would like to have something to be able to draw good maps in Line Rider, among other things. I have an issue where I have zig-zag lines everywhere I have to stop, and I saw this, and wondered if you all had it/what you thought about it.