iPad PocketPop Revenge - FREE

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sam the lion, Mar 16, 2009.

1. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
  2. zvnthynn

zvnthynn Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    ok, i was creating a similar thread. good thing i checked again before hitting submit. here's the video:

3. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    Not really interested, I tried it, deleted it 5 minutes later. Nice find though.

4. raoupp

raoupp Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Looks good. Will grab it. Thanks for the info.

5. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    There's a few that are the same genre but this one seems to be the better of them with more to the game. Normally don't like double tapping on a game but in this case I like to be able to see what's been tapped before removing them from the board. Like this one more so than the others I've played and glad its free (for now). Graphics are nice too. Nothing extreme but a nice casual game.

6. Greengas

Greengas Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Paper Shuffler.
    Long Island, NY
    Cool thanks.

7. Definitely a nice variant of the SameGame genre. The additional play modes change up the strategy nicely, and the presentation is quite slick. I'd probably rank this about second place in the pantheon of SameGame clones behind Hudson's NeoSameGame.

8. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    thanks. i got hudsons samegame for free as well a long time ago.

9. pocketfun

pocketfun Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Macro Studio Owner
    Stevenage, England
    So do you like then?

10. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    "The award winning PocketPop, winner of a Best Product Award 2001 at the Pocket PC Summit, and having shipped in excess of 250,000 copies on Pocket PC, is back, slicker and harder than before."

Yes I liked it.. did you create the original PPC game from 2001?

11. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Yea.....I do. (see my previous post within this thread). I'm keeping it on my Touch and will be giving it a favorable review on iTunes as well after playing it some more. Nice game and thanks for making it free or would not have noticed it otherwise.

12. pocketfun

pocketfun Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Macro Studio Owner
    Stevenage, England
    Yep I created it in 2001 for the Pocket PC and as I say in the description it did very well, including being shipped on the software CD with some of the Asus Pocket PCs.

I've a couple of other modes that I've not ported across, including a memory one that make it very hard to play, but I really wanted to differentiate it from the standard clones of this type of game with the Revenge mode.

Glad your enjoying it, don't forget to spread the word :)

Neil

13. kiwi91

kiwi91 Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    U.S.
    is this not free anymore?

it shows as $1.99 :(.

14. Probably only free for a day or two. I must admit I'm still playing this. I actually like the different play modes. I'm definitely sticking with my 2nd best assessment, which is hard to do for a game as ridiculously derivative as this.

15. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    have you seen the "cow" theme of the new update?
    I'm not very fond of it...

16. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Got this through a promo code and it's a pretty cool game with lots of game modes. Nothing groundbreaking but if you like Collapse you'll like this.

17. app-inured

app-inured Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Yeah, I noticed the new icon on the app updates page and checked out the new screens in the app store before updating. It was the only clone of its kind that stayed on my phone, but I'm deleting it now as I won't update to that new theme.