Universal Pocket Trains - (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 25, 2013.

1. PocketDaddy45

PocketDaddy45 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Minnesota
    You have to route your flight path through the cities that you want to drop off jobs at in PP but you don't "stop", you just fly through and gain the coins from the job. Same exact thing in PT except with tracks you can't really avoid the cities you are going through. Either you have cars for that city or not.

In PT I usually stop at every city along the route to check for train crates and bux.

2. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Not all of us played PP!

3. Perfect trumpet

Perfect trumpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    Does anyone have some spare parts they don't need? I'd be grateful for anything you can spare
    1h1z thanks :)

4. benjai

benjai New Member

Nov 15, 2013
    #1804 benjai, Nov 15, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
    So I think I've got the map (attached) 95% nailed down now. I'm at level 20 and this is pretty efficient for me.

Basically three types of routes. The core red one simply ferries things back and forth between NY/Madrid. I have a plain Zephyr on this. Upgraded Zephyrs would be even better.

Then there are two orange arteries on either side which distribute to the other lines. This line shouldn't be too long as you want it to keep moving back and forth. You want to orange lines to cross as many lines as possible. I have plain Standards on these. Zephyrs with added fuel would work here too. These two lines are very important so monitor the load/fuel and upgrade your train accordingly.

Then I have the blue lines in US/Asia which basically drop things off at the destination. You need trains with lots of fuel on the ones in Asia. I have pumkin, freighters, and standards with extra fuel on these.

The yellow green lines are just further extensions in S America and Australia.

You want (in the Northern half), every single line to be connected to the orange ones so that you don't have to make to many interchanges. Keep all the long lines straight and with no forks as job value is based on straight line distance and not distance travelled. The small distribution lines in the end can be curved/forked as their job is only to pick up the big bucks and get them to the final destination.

The objective is simple: pick stuff up from one side of the world, and get it to the other side. I pretty much only pick up things worth at least 7-800 a car and regularly get over 1k which easily amounts to over 10k a drop even without upgraded engines.

For the reason above, I have removed a lot of cities in Europe, and pretty much left out most of Africa. As they are in the middle of the map, they're not as lucrative; you don't really want jobs where the final destination is Europe. You could include these if you wish but I think they'll just get in the way and make it a lot more high maintenance.

Bear in mind that this suits my playstyle which is low maintenance as I can't really play all the time. This system is pretty low touch but I think I still probably get around 200k a day. I just fire off the long distance trains quickly, then when I have a bit more time, manage the distributions.

Any donation of parts are welcome; I seem to be getting loads of steam engines for some reason so better trains would definitely boost the network. I could also trade =)

Gift code: 36BN6

Attached Files:

5. benjai

benjai New Member

Nov 15, 2013
    Also, even S America isn't actually that good compared to ferrying stuff from US to Asia/Australia. But I've left it in because its relatively low touch.

6. Mr. Ramen

Mr. Ramen Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2012
    These apps would be more fun if we could go all the way around the world. Connect Honolulu to Tokyo and Alaska to Russia. Obviously NimbleBit doesn't want to do it, but it would feel more complete.

7. dumpzone

dumpzone New Member

Nov 17, 2013
    hey new player here, any help would greatly be appreciated 32XB1 :)

8. cryformercy

cryformercy Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2013
    ad
    The game is much like pocket plane, i played it just now.

9. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Welcome to the crew.

10. clownly

clownly New Member

Nov 18, 2013
    http://cdn.kaskus.com/images/2013/11/18/1276379_20131118073656.png
    Dragonbreath = Berlin - London
    Vanilla Steamer + Fuel = Rome - Paris
    Cherry Steamer+ Fuel = Athens - Berlin
    Metro Express = Copenhagen - Stockholm
    Emerald Steamer + Fuel = Helsinki - Volgograd
    2x National Express = Berlin - Moscow
    Bluebell Steamer = Bordeaux - Berlin
    Bluebell Steamer = Munich - Stockholm
    Global Express = Paris - Volgograd
    Cherry Steamer + Fuel = Paris - Madrid
    Bluebell Steamer + Fuel = Madrid - Milan

anyone could give me a suggestions?

my gift code 3B0LK lvl 12

11. PocketDaddy45

Nov 19, 2012
    Minnesota
    I am now connected to every city on the Pocket Trains globe and have every achievement except 100 Daily events completed. I'm sitting at 54 I believe.

After that, there won't be much reason to play.

12. Andrwsc

Andrwsc Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    New holiday update 1.07 available on Android, I presume iOS is not far behind. Release notes say that there is a new engine (presumably something like the Pumpkin Steamer that Nimblebit gifted us for Haloween) and new cargo types.

13. Pretbek

Pretbek Active Member

Feb 18, 2013
    Student
    I would like to see way more trainstations. I would love to play this on a more detailed level, like per country. Also more engines and tuning would make things more fun.
    I know it sounds like a lot of work, but I think people are willing to pay for it.

14. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I've been wanting seasons and weather conditions and day/night. Does this new update have any of those?!

15. PocketDaddy45

Nov 19, 2012
    Minnesota
    I was thinking they could develop a Pocket Trains New York, PT Berlin....ect. You get the idea. Run a train empire in a city with more real time travel times instead of 12 mins at 65mph between Montreal and New York LOL.

Incorporate subways and everything. I would pay for that for sure.

16. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Man, I would LOVE a Pocket London Underground or PLU. THAT would get so much play time and probably empty my wallet! They could reskin it for New York, D.C., and many other cities. Then have tons of people playing.

Brilliant idea, dude!

17. Andrwsc

Andrwsc Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Nope. And the new Christmas-themed cargo types (presents, trees, peppermints, etc.) was there for about a day after updating, and I haven't seen anything since then. Buggy, I presume.

18. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Well, it still hasn't dropped on the app store. And if they aren't adding snow and decorations, then I am less excited. They have snow in some airports in Pocket Planes; they should add it to the train stations here! And maybe a Christmas tree or two. Oh well. Opportunity missed.

19. Pretbek

Pretbek Active Member

Feb 18, 2013
    Student
    I would most definitly pay for this. It would be huge to have al these cities and each country's railroads integrated.

20. PocketDaddy45

Nov 19, 2012
    Minnesota
    Does anyone have any extra Century Limited parts? I would send 2 Mallard parts for each limited parts you send me. I need 3. Thanks :)

Gift code 1NPN