Universal Pocket Trains - (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Mr. Ramen

Mr. Ramen Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2012
    Have an event today in a city I haven't purchased yet. Strange, and the first time this has happened.

2. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    It happened many times on me, buy the way to that city or just leave the event.

3. PocketDaddy45

PocketDaddy45 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Minnesota
    I have 2 Daylight parts I would trade for 2 Mallard parts if anyone is willing.

:)

4. Dave in the basement

Dave in the basement Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2011
    Indiana
    So what keeps you folks playing this?

I am not banging on anyone at all, I am honestly just curious, as I tried to get into the game but never really did. I haven't deleted it, yet, though. Tiny Tower and Pocket Planes really clicked with me, so perhaps I am just missing something?

I think I miss the shop option in Pocket Planes, where you could buy specific plane parts so you could then construct said specific planes.

Kindly enlighten me if you have a moment. Thanks in advance!

Dave :)

5. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    It was kind of the opposite story for me. I found the other Nimblebit games not that interesting enough to hold my attention for more than a few plays. This one though had trains in it (which has it's own charm if you like trains) and there was good reason to unlock all the cities and routes (which gave me an overall goal). I liked the strategy involved in finding the random great cargo and then getting it efficiently across the world. It was pretty engaging. But at this point I have everything unlocked so I'm not really motivated to play at all since I don't typically like endless grinding games unless there's something fun to do and I can only move around so much cargo before it feels like a job (which I have more than enough responsibilities in real life to work a virtual job too). So it's at the endgame point for me and I'll likely delete it soon... but no doubt this game held my attention longer and for me was more satisfying than anything Nimblebit has made thus far. But, that's still a far cry from the satisfaction I get from playing a solid game with actual end goals and whatnot... still, for bubblegum gaming it was pretty solid.

6. PocketDaddy45

Nov 19, 2012
    Minnesota
    Who ever sent the Mallard parts, thanks and I sent back 2 Daylight parts :)

7. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Pocket Trains was fun until I got to the stage where my trains were constantly out of fuel, demanding bux to continue to play. Deleted.

The actual routing my trains here and there was fun and relaxing though.

8. PocketDaddy45

Nov 19, 2012
    Minnesota
    #1788 PocketDaddy45, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
    You didn't think it through very good. My trains now never run out of fuel because I operated a smaller RR long enough to collect the parts to add fuel cars and upgrade trains ect.

If you start over, start small and stay with it. Collect every bux you can.

Patience.

9. PocketDaddy45

Nov 19, 2012
    Minnesota
    Mostly to play the daily event now and try to upgrade more trains and eventually expand and have every city in the world connected.

I have so many RR's going now that it's rare that I actually have them all running at once. I try to stop in every city along their routes so that's a lot of stops.

The big difference between PT and PP is that with PT you really have to focus on the game to play, you really can't watch TV or work. PP is much less demanding so I guess it's personal choice.

10. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I had approached Pocket Trains with the "play with trains" mindset and not the "strategy gamer" mindset...

11. PocketDaddy45

Nov 19, 2012
    Minnesota
    Winter is coming, an easy game to start over with and build from the ground up. :)

12. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    I only recently discovered that trains can drop items off and keep going. Now I try to do the event every day and occasionally use coins to buy special crates.

Otherwise I just load trains up and send them from one end of their lines to the other a couple times a day when I'm bored.

13. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Yeah, that's an awesome feature in Pocket Train. I always find all Cash packages and transfer to all city over the world

14. snippygal

snippygal Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010

To confirm - do you mean that if you send a train (as an example) from Madrid to Berlin, containing cars bound for stops in between, that the train will drop the parcels off at the interim stations without my intervention, all the way up to the final destination?

If so - that is a positive game-changer for me.

15. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Yes, exactly!!!

16. Tactics

Tactics Member

Feb 21, 2013
    I'm pretty sure Pocket Planes did this too?!

17. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Yeah it did. I don't understand why they are talking about it... :confused:

18. Mr. Ramen

Mr. Ramen Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2012
    No, in Planes you have to stop at a city to drop off stuff. In Trains you can just pass the city by, and it will drop everything off for that place.

19. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    No, in Pocket Planes, if you load a plane with items for B and C, and you fly through B to get to C, all items will get delivered. This works the same way as it does in Pocket Trains.

20. RoboBoto

RoboBoto Well-Known Member

May 1, 2012
    Watch the train as it passes through the station where it will be dropping off some cars, cool the way this is handled.