Universal Pocket Trains - (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 25, 2013.

1. dantt99

dantt99 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Hey Flysher! Nice to see you on here :).
    I'm only level 6 right now, but I'm playing a bit and I'm hoping it will hold my interest. Don't tell anyone, but my game of choice right now is Madden 25! lol

2. Mr. Ramen

Mr. Ramen Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2012
    Very unlikely. Since Nimble Quest, their M.O. Has been to release a game, do a few bug fixes, and then move on to the next game. No significant upgrades to the gameplay are ever made. It is a shame, because the games have lots of potential, especially NQ, which could have benefited from boss battles, different types of levels, etc., but NimbleBit for whatever reason has shown they have absolutely no interest in adding substance to their games beyond the initial release.

3. waynehazle

waynehazle New Member

Aug 16, 2012
    Game Impressions

Excellent game. I am quite pleased so far. Any traders out there?

Here is my current stash. #Really would like the parts for the Daylight, Dragon Breath San Juan or Petrabyte. #I have about 80 crates and so lacking in bucks to open them. #I am trying to avoid spending $$ to get more buccksd. #What would the parts be worth to you?

Vanilla Steamer # # 9 of 3
    Metro # Express # # #6 of 6 # # # # ##
    Emerald # # # # # # # 10 of 3
    Cherry # # # # # # # # # 8 #of 3
    Bluebell # # # # # # # # #4 #of 3
    Carbon # # # # # # # # # #2 of 4

National Express # # 3###of 6
    Mallard # # # # # # # # # 5##of 12
    Regional #Express## 11 of 7
    Metro # # # Express # #6 #of 6
    Global #Express # # # # # #1 #of 6
    Daylight # # # # # # # # # #6 # of 12
    Dragon Breath # # # # #3 # #of 5#
    Rio Grande Standard # # # # # # 4##of 10#
    Gila #Standard # # # # # #2 # #of 10#
    Pecos Standard # # # #3 of 11
    Terrabyte Zephyr ##########3 #of 9
    San Juan # #Standard # # # # # # # #5 of 10
    Dekotora # # # # # # # # # #1 of 13
    Petrabyte Zephyr # # # # #4 of 9
    Virginia Frieghter # # # # #2 of 10
    Century Limited # # # # #1 of 13
    Maryland Freighter # # 1 of 10

Gift 3HBP # #wayne hazle at aol . com

4. PocketDaddy45

PocketDaddy45 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Minnesota
    I tell you what. If I finish one more event and my special train part turns out to be a stupid ass Dragonbreath? I'm going to hunt down NimbleDave and scream at him!

5. SuperPenguin17

SuperPenguin17 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2013
    I know! Last night I pushed to finish an event in ChristChurch before midnight.. I was sending 2-9 cars at a time from Wellington and eventually ran out of fuel. I did the math and I didn't have time to wait to refuel the natural way so I paid 20 bux to refuel my fully upgraded San Juan standard.. But I thought hey.. Why not. The event will give me 20 bux so that's a break even and I get a special crate out of the deal... So I finish at 11:48 PM local time and open a @$@#ing carbon steamer...

Frustrating...

6. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Yeah I've noticed most of my special crates now are carbon steamers or dragonbreath. The carbons are cashed in since they are useless to me now. I have pushed forward a little to move towards finishing the map, but the cost to fix the better trains is so much that I need 50k of coins in reserve or my fleet will quickly get crippled. In te end I haven completed a daily challenge all week and next time I play its mainly to finish the map and take some screenshots for those interested in my layout.

7. CzechCongo

CzechCongo Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    An update dropped over night! What's new? "Better distribution of special train parts from crates." No mention of railroad colors, but I'll take fewer carbons, thank you very much.

8. Pixel_Gamer

Pixel_Gamer Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    There's actually 4 new railroad colors that wasn't mentioned in the update notes.

9. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    #1729 green_paper, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
    Well I just downloaded and installed an update today, but one bug they haven't fixed yet is this - paying for a special crate, and not having it show up in the station! :(

Edit: Ahh ok I missed the part where purchased crates go straight to my inventory.

10. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Purchased crates now go straight into inventory, and don't show up in the station at all.

11. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    Ahh ok I missed the part where purchased crates go straight to my inventory. Thanks for clearing it up!

12. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Checked and look like got little improved, got 2/3 crates with express parts, not really awesome but better than before

13. SuperPenguin17

Jan 6, 2013
    It's only improved for special crates... Not regular ones. So your express parts have nothing to do with the update.

14. /Summoner\

/Summoner\ Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Umm....
    Really? I have gotten more Freighter parts than normal, compared to before the update.

15. SuperPenguin17

Jan 6, 2013
    That's what the update said --- "for special crates"

16. /Summoner\

Feb 26, 2013
    Umm....
    Ah, I see it it now. Still weird. :confused:

17. griff08

griff08 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    are there new trains? whats a santa fe? i completed all the train sets. havent encountered a santa fe yet.

18. Flying Duck

Flying Duck Active Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Wow. Today looks like the day to go to the bank if you want coins for Bux

19. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    I really wish I could exchange coins to buy Bux, even at 5 or 10 times the official rate.
    I got over a million coins, 300 crates and am always short on Bux.

Anyway, it's been a while since I have expanded or reorganized my train routes.
    Just been playing smoothly with my actual network a bit, seeing where the jams appear and taking care of them
    Having hubs focusing on different parts of the map. And switching trains to adapt for the cargo loads.

20. /Summoner\

Feb 26, 2013
    Umm....
    What? There is no Santa Fe train yet. Where did you here that?