Universal Pocket Trains - (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 25, 2013.

1. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Yep same here, oddly also in Shangai/Beijing. :eek:
    Weird bug that duplicates a bought special crate. Once you've put it in a train, it still appears in the jobs list, and tapping on a duplicate just adds a new duplicate to the layovers. But you can't ever put more than one on the same train.
    I guess I should also profit from this dedicating a whole train for this route, and make a stash of special crates.

Actually this weirdly annoys me, because it significantly lowers the daily event reward, thus my incentive to play. :(

And I'm always low on Bux to open the crates, got over 200 unopened regular crates.

2. CzechCongo

CzechCongo Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Yeah, this bug doesn't even help out that much; what I need is bux, not crates. Now if you can dupe a nice bux crate, let me know. ;)

3. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL

I should be done in a day or two, I'll post a map then. As for NY to Lisbon... both NY & Lisbon serves as hubs with the single train doing nothing but transferring cargo. Everything else feeds NY & Lisbon. For Africa I have a small hub in Madrid.

As for Montreal to Reykjavik, I use my northern NA train for that. Typically anything to those cities I take over to NY then let my Northern train handle it. Rarely though I have a train that goes from Lisbon up through Paris and out to the UK and off to Reykjavik, and I'll take cargo that way... but only if it's big bux and the train doesn't have much to move to Lisbon for transfer or elsewhere.

4. Andrwsc

Andrwsc Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Well, I'm hesitant to mention this, but I've found another bug that allows me to spawn parts at will. So I don't even need to open any crates; I already have one of every train fully upgraded.

Note that no hacking of game files is involved here, and I will not gift parts obtained this way to anybody else.

At this point, all my bux are going into station upgrades and the game for me is basically about optimizing routes. I have yet to open up Africa, South America or Oceania in any serious way, so I have lots of gameplay left even though I no longer need to collect train parts.

5. mawebarrios

mawebarrios Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Thanks, this was a HUUUGE help!

6. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    #1686 Unstablefan, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
    You should e-mail NimbleBit so they can patch it.

I had a different not so good bug this afternoon. One special crate I had moved to the yard from another train wouldn't show up. The cargo counter said that it was in the yard, but it wasn't on the list. I had to send its destination train away and then back again, and then it appeared.

I should also mention that it was a purchased/spawned special crate (not spawned at that station) and the train I was trying to put it on already had a different special crate. When I sent it back it no longer did. Edit: No, I'm wrong. The other special crate was still on the train.

7. Rainbow Whang

Rainbow Whang Active Member

Sep 21, 2013
    San Diego
    Who's excited as s**t for tiny Death Star?? ###

8. Squallid

Squallid Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Austria
    Got a nice Daily Quest today - instead of delivering 75 crates to one city I have to deliver 50 crates from one city to random others :)

9. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Great news! Checking it now!

10. Varza

Varza Active Member

Oct 1, 2012
    You get rid of them by deleting them. That's what I ended up doing, it was annoying having a full yard at one of my major hubs and it's not like I need infinite special crates.

I also sent a bug report to support. I really hope they fix this soon...

Ohhh, now I'm looking forward to midnight for sure :D Variety is good.

11. Squallid

Oct 17, 2012
    Austria
    There is a "workaround" fix in the latest update on Android now - "Crates purchased in stations now go directly to your inventory"

12. JTay

JTay Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Android Notifications?

New update on my phone causes notifications and I can't find anywhere to turn it off. Any help?

13. Squallid

Oct 17, 2012
    Austria
    Should be right in the Options.
    At least on Android it is...otherwise I'd stop playing or go crazy from those notifications every minute or so ;)

Attached Files:

14. Cool_Roxas

Cool_Roxas Active Member

Mar 25, 2011
    go to phone settings > device sub section > apps > Pocket Trains > uncheck 'Show notifications'

15. yamfun

yamfun Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    I am starting to see the strangeness of the each-track-one-line and each-line-one-train requirement.
    You only need like 20 to 30 500-fuel-length lines to cover all the world reasonably.
    So at first you would elongate your lines to get out of Europe, then after your expansion phase when you have covered the world.
    The problem is you now have more and better trains yet you can't use them parallelly.
    Even if you swapped the old ones you are gonna have more new trains left.
    So you would actually like split your lines in half back to shorter lines because you don't want to let a good train stay in the yard.
    So you are getting your good trains which are like 2 x faster and 2 x more fuel, running on 1/2 length than before,
    and that's like 8 times more micro management, which is not in PP because you could parallel there.
    Congratulations.

16. Unstablefan

Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Or you could replace older trains with newer ones and extend their lines. If you can cover the world with 20 500 fuel trains, you can cover it with 5 2000 fuel trains.

In other words, you can choose to micromanage as much or as little as you want.

17. yamfun

yamfun Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    That's the problem, 5 2000 fuels trains is gonna be less profitable because there is far fewer station job refresh.

18. Unstablefan

Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    #1698 Unstablefan, Oct 17, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
    So more microing is more profitable. Seems reasonable. It's not like less microing isn't still profitable.

For my part, I have 17 trains and am done. I'll do events each morning and poke the game now and then checking for bux and crates.

19. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I'm kin of feeling done as well. I don't feel motivated to finish my train lines or grind out that last bit of gold needed to expand that last line I need to complete the world. I didn't even try to finish the last two daily events. I think I'm movin on for now but I'll come back to this later when I'm wanting to play logistics.

20. Ooh Shiny

Ooh Shiny Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Could you post a picture of what you have now?