Universal Pocket Trains - (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Squallid

Squallid Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Austria

They are saved.

If you go to Menu-"New RR" you only see the engines since you only can place them to open a new line, but if you go to Menu-Craft-Yard they are there.

2. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    The fuel car should be in the yard. The engines and fuel cars in the yard don't seem to be in any particular order so scroll up and down to find them.

3. trumpy

trumpy Member

Nov 12, 2011
    I'm level 17, have probably opened about 30 special crates, and have received 27 carbon steamer parts from those special crates. Is this the way it's supposed to work, or am I hurting myself by keeping carbon steamers in service or something? Anybody know? I want nothing to do with carbon steamers at this point!

Other than that, very fun game.

4. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    No matter you remove steamers or not you still have chance to get them

5. trumpy

trumpy Member

Nov 12, 2011
    OK thanks. You'd think as you level up, carbon steamers would become less frequent in special crates, but I haven't experienced that.

6. rmr

rmr Member

Mar 30, 2013
    #1626 rmr, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
    Thanks, you're right. I just didn't see them. Next question:

Is it more logical to repair trains with parts or coins? I have not figured out the finances for this. At a cost of 10 bucks to open a crate and then just to throw it away to a repair train may be illogical - if I can sell the part and make more money. Thanks.

Oh, and one more question:

With the metro trains, if you put two engines together do you double the distance it can travel without needing to refill, or does it simply lengthen the train?

7. I tried this game, but couldn't figure it out. But good to see all of you enjoying it!

8. jdrawmer

jdrawmer Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    1) It's definitely better to repair with coins where possible - although later in the game, when you have steamers that you're unlikely to use the parts for, then that makes sense as you'll end up with a lot of them. In the most part though, use coins.

2) An extra engine just adds another 50% possible cargo to carry. So an express that carries 8 cargo, will be able to carry another 4 with an extra engine (so 12 in total). It adds nothing to the speed or fuel of the train.

Train cars add 100% extra fuel.

9. Poetachica

Poetachica Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Somewhere in the TARDIS.
    Repairs are discouraging.

I had so many breakdowns today, I wanted to throw my ipad across the room. I did finish a event, but that's great. :)Only thing is, multiple lines, multiple trains-all varying costs. The last breakdown? The Rio Grand Standard costs over 5,000 coins to repair. that's just as ridiculous as it is irritating. I love this game-really do, but the prices and number of times that breakdowns occur per day should be capped, if breakdowns are going to occur in this game at all. I just purchased a new railroad, got some lines, expanded across Asia...cut me break with all the breakdowns. Get rid of the feature entirely, or cap the friggin thing with the price and number of times it occurs daily. :mad:

Do love the game though. Despise this aspect with a loathing hatred that only pales in comparison to my mother in law.

Just saying.

10. Poetachica

Poetachica Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Somewhere in the TARDIS.

I keep getting vanilla steamers. I think it's just the luck of the draw, but as I level up, the crates get better. :)

11. Poetachica

Poetachica Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Somewhere in the TARDIS.
    I can rename my trains. When it's at the station, I hit the orange train button, and press enter afterwards. Named one today.

12. Poetachica

Poetachica Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Somewhere in the TARDIS.
  13. yamfun

yamfun Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    In the long run, it is just like the fuel cost in PP, just lumped together.

14. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    I don't like the breakdowns because they punish new players. Early on, I agonized over the money vs the parts. Now? I just pay coins without thinking about it.

Hm. Actually, maybe they need to scale up more so as to remain relevant? I dunno.

15. Macs96qaz

Macs96qaz Active Member

Nov 14, 2012
    Canada
    I like breakdowns, the total predictability of NB games are a little annoying.

16. Ooh Shiny

Ooh Shiny Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    What's the appeal for the bullet train? By looking at the stats it doesn't look like anything special.

17. /Summoner\

/Summoner\ Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Umm....
    #1637 /Summoner\, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
    I am actually looking for bullets right now. PM me if you are interested. I got a pretty descent amount of parts to trade.

Also, on the breakdown thing... Beginners should always use parts to repair, and always looking for steamers. Some of us here will be happy to give you some steamer parts. How? Normally people who are looking for standards and above usually have a good amount of spare parts. On the other hand, people who are getting 40k+ a day though should spend their coins wisely. Going all out on buying a new continent license and then buying 3-6 railways for it is stupid. When you buy a new license, make sure you have atleast 20k coins leftover. Breakdowns like to happen when you do that (I've had the same problem when I bought NA).

Moral? Never spend coins rapidly. :p

18. Ooh Shiny

Ooh Shiny Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Are you looking for bullets just for the sake of collecting all the trains? If not may I ask what your plan is for them?

19. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Your level? I level 15 now but still got steamers, now i have 30 parts of all steamers.

20. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Hm, I've been crafting and selling steamers. Is there a reason to horde the parts?