Universal Pocket Trains - (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 25, 2013.

1. yamfun

yamfun Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Damn I hope there is a route-fuel-calculator-map thing to plan my route.

2. yamfun

yamfun Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    I hope Dragonbreath can be tweaked.
    I do like the idea of a special train with special extreme imbalance stat that you can use for specialized purpose.
    But Dragonbreath's extreme-good stat is still weak, making it just better than an un-upgraded steamers, compounded by the fact that by the time you get a Dragonbreath, you are probably phasing out your fully upgraded steamers, means that it just sadly stay in your yard.

Please maybe increase its speed or space more to compensate for the fuel.

3. SuperPenguin17

SuperPenguin17 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2013
    Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't the best train be calculated by dividing the fuel by MPH?

Assuming the amount of cars hauled is equal. If you take the freighter class and get a FUEL/MPH it comes out like so:

Maryland : 10.58
    Virginia : 12.90
    New Jersey : 12.92
    Delaware : 15.71

So... Although it does it slowest of all the trains the Delaware Freighter can haul the most goods to its destination without needing refueled, making it potentially... The most profitable train.

4. /Summoner\

/Summoner\ Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Umm....
    You pretty much explained why Zephyrs come after Standards. ;)

5. Nalazoo

Nalazoo Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2012
    Close To My Heart Consultant
    Need Market

This whole crates issue makes me wonder why Nimblebit didn't implement the Market like in PP. I get they wanted to do things differently and applaud that...it's just with all this talk about crates and the difficulty in acquiring the parts you need, it's possible that having a market could help fix that.

Or...is that where the social aspect comes in...trading parts?

6. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Yeah, i just removed all steamer train, but still waste 50 bux to get another steamer parts.

7. Rainbow Whang

Rainbow Whang Active Member

Sep 21, 2013
    San Diego
    Allrite everyone, I am about to move on from my Europe monopoly (every city) small scale regional jobs and a small line to xian with a profit line from east Asia to Western Europe. Do you have any advice before I change my layout?

8. sdo62

sdo62 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2010
    Has anyone else been keeping track of the exchange rates - I figured it would give me an idea of what a "good" exchange rate is.

I have them all except the one for the 11th October - did anyone get it, 10th October was 147 and 12th is 144?

So far, the highest is 246 (on 27th September) and the lowest is 144.

9. Hawkeye67

Hawkeye67 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    Is the exchange rate global? I assumed it was a carefully devised psychological gimmick that makes you go all in, as soon as it shows you a 200+ exchange rate.

10. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    It's global and it's based on your current date. This means that people to the west of the date line can see that days exchange rate first.

11. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    The event to send parts to capital of Finland is tough!!!! I actually exchange my train to a global express to complete it!!!

12. yamfun

yamfun Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    #1592 yamfun, Oct 12, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
    Can not rename my trains, bug?

Still can not rename my trains.

13. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Is there any game like Pocket Trains but premium not freemium?

14. yamfun

yamfun Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    #1594 yamfun, Oct 12, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
    (Android)
    After the recent update several hours ago, when I enter the game there is no train, no train list button, main screen is all black. Only the UI bar below and map button and menu button is showing.
    The bux and coins count, the number of parts, stat page all seems to be right.
    Clicking menu and map work does switch the screen.
    The google play button is gone.

After clicking the screen a lot to switch between the screens, the game appears again.

15. Squallid

Squallid Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Austria
    I got the same problem, what works for me is clicking the map and then on a city, from there on it works just like normal.

16. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    The last time zynga copied tiny tower it needed to layoff thousands of employees.. And I can't find the game anymore although its much superior then tiny tower

17. Ramaz1234

Ramaz1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Still have this game but got so bored ;-; just like Pocket planes and Pocket frogs

18. jdrawmer

jdrawmer Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Don't know how long these free-uploaded images stay online, but here's my decision for my end-game strategy.

I currently have 11 of the routes open; most fully completed, a couple waiting on continent expansion.

End Game Strategy

I think it's a great blend. No route goes back on its self and is as straight as it can be (although the yellow in east asia is required for great profits and layover capabity for west bound cargo).

Lots of major hubs and links and so far, it's creating some very profitable and full trains. Only a handful of changes from any origination point to destination point.

White and black indicate where I MIGHT add support lines if I fancy it.

19. InkyTheGhost

InkyTheGhost Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    This looks intense!
    What trains are you using so far?

20. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I bought the last two licenses and added a new line in south west Asia. I swapped out my last steamer for the dragonbreath. I renamed all of my trains except the NA ones to the region and color. This will make moving trains less stressful.