Universal Pocket Trains - (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Tigerstriker

Tigerstriker Member

Aug 6, 2012
    And you are stupid enough to get yourself involved between other people and THEIR problems.

Anyway I did a trade again today with a member of TA, he got the parts and yet again, I didn't. This never use to happen with pp and gx, why break something when it's good NB...?

2. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    I find carbon steamer the best.. 12 carriages and the speed slow enough for a decent play

3. jdrawmer

jdrawmer Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Nimblebit are one of the only companies I've seen that get the Freemium model completely right.

Myself and many other people I know, end up spending money on the game as a thank you to Nimblebit for good development, an enjoyable game and NOT ripping us off in the process.

I've spent money on Pocket Planes, Pocket Trains and Nimblequest - and not once was it because I needed to; at all. That's something that wouldn't happen with 99% of other freemium titles.

Their games are completely playable without the need to spend money

4. jdrawmer

jdrawmer Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Easiest way to complete an event is just to render one of your trains as an event train for the duration of the event. It might be part of a much bigger network, but just keep sending it back and forth from one station to the event station, filling up as many as you can until it's done.

Events end up taking absolutely no time at all.

5. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Had to laugh at today's daily event. I am building a statue for Eli hodapp, the greatest thinker of all time, per the app.

That couldn't be TA Eli , right??

6. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I've been doing the same thing and it does work very well.

7. Nalazoo

Nalazoo Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2012
    Close To My Heart Consultant
    In response to Vic's question about the end game...

I'm happy in my little corner of the world, monopoly in Europe and only recently acquired the Asia license. I'm taking it slow...basically because there's no motivation, ie competition to rush things. Having all the daily events be the same quantities is ho-hum...and I'm thinking my end-game may just be Europe.

Knowing what I know from other threads, if I were to continue and expand, my goal would be to have say 2 hubs in each area, more only if it makes sense. Then shuffle, shuffle, shuffle, transfer and shuffle again to get to final destination.

Does this goal motivate me? No. And...that's why right now I'm happy in my little corner of the world.

8. griff08

griff08 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    then dont post your problems here if you dont want people to get involved.

9. NimbleTim

NimbleTim Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Just a hint on the codes. They don't contain any vowels it is ALWAYS a 0 "zero" and never an O, and it is ALWAYS a 1 "one" and never an I. If you type the code in wrong it will still go through but they will never get it.

10. griff08

griff08 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    #1530 griff08, Oct 10, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
    just so we are clear (cos people might think im stupid). i didnt type the code wrongly, the wrong code was sent to me by the owner.

screenshot

11. Mr. Ramen

Mr. Ramen Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2012
    That's a bad exaggeration. Events that are in cities that can only be accessed by one train can end up taking quite a while.

12. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    #1532 nightc1, Oct 10, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
    I've had my most successful runs on events when I had a single train dedicated to doing nothing but running to nearby cities and ferrying back the required cargo. The one Tuesday for me was in Cape Town and I didn't even bother to bring in cargo with other trains since the trek back to Madrid was not worth it. So all my other trains just went on moving big cargo while my one single train in Africa did all the work. Today for me is in Barcelona. Which is also just 1 train, but if I find something with another train that touches where the train that goes through Barcelona can get then I'll move it. Anything else gets ignored as the trains go about their usual work building my train empire.

13. iqSoup

iqSoup Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Arizona
    lol--I love that its Athens building the statue.

14. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Last night I hit level 17 and also managed to get my first freighter parts (now 3 of them). It's a Virginia Freighter. Stats on it are:

Virginia Freighter
    Speed: 62, Base Capacity 14, Base Fuel 800, Max Engines 3, Max Fuelcars 2

Comparing that with the worst Standard...

San Juan Standard
    Speed: 79, Base Capacity 12, Base Fuel 660, Max Engines 3, Max Fuelcars 2

... honestly, it doesn't seem like that big of a leap considering how rare the parts will be, how long it'll take to upgrade, and how expensive I imagine the repairs will be. Still, hopefully this means Freighters will become more common as I want to get all of my Freighters upgraded.

Also, last night I took two of my Carbon Steamers offline. That leaves just one of them ... the last Steamer in my fleet. Considering how crazy Asia is over near Japan, I may throw one of em back in service there and start up a new line. That is, unless I get another metro up and running with two engines. I have a Pecos Standard in my Yard as well.. but I'm saving that possibly as part of my EU restructuring. Which EU for me has been changing drastically as every singe line for me has changed in some way. It's cool how the strategy for me has morphed deeper into the game. I have 5 trains now in Europe and can probably run everything on 4 if I really wanted to. I got my first $5000+ gold job from Tokyo to New Orleans. That'll be a nice haul. I may have to up my game on what jobs I seek out.

15. CzechCongo

CzechCongo Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Why is San Juan the worst? It has the most fuel, even though it's slower. Better would be to compare it to the Rio Grande, which is the standard Standard. Rio is 87/12/600/3/2 compared to the Virginia which is 62/14/800/3/2. Fully upgraded Rio is 87/24/1800 compared to Virginia's 62/28/2400. That 600 fuel difference will be important, I imagine, when setting up really long, profitable long-haul rails. The 4 car difference is more important than it might look as well; with 28 you can have 5 5-car jobs, while 24 only allows 4.

I've removed all my steamers to the yard as well, as I complete high end engines. A lone standard or Zephyr wipes the floor with a carbon+fuel, even though they're more expensive to repair. I'm keeping my carbons, though, not selling them, both because they're worth hardly anything and because I may use them later to help feed the big lines. I sold all my other steamers, but still have tons of parts. I guess I'd rather hold the parts to trade or give away.

My European operation has been undergoing changes as well since I got the app upgrade and can play again. I'm slowly consolidating lines to make them bigger and reach out to the NA and Asia areas I'm opening up.

16. Mr. Ramen

Mr. Ramen Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2012
    And it's even easier to have 3 dedicated trains ferrying cargo. Can't do that when the event is in an isolated city.

17. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Personally, I feel that Zephyrs need fuel cars. I've put Standards into service without and will do the same for Freighters.

18. /Summoner\

/Summoner\ Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Umm....
    To be honest, I just think Zephyrs should be unlocked before Standards. I mean, the only better stat Zephyrs have is their speed.

But, if Zephyrs would be allowed another engine car, then it would be a true higher class than the Standard.

19. Squallid

Squallid Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Austria
    Hey guys, I got a problem with IAP purchases and wanted to ask if anyone had something similar happen.

I bought the 100Bux IAP and got the Message "Thank you for your Support" and the Bux were added to my bottom status bar.
    But as soon as I left the menu of PP and went back to the actual game screen those bux disappeared and I was down to what I had before.
    (I even tried it a second time, same thing happened....)
    Restarting the game didn't help, neither did syncing via Google+ to my Tablet.
    (I play on Android)

So, did anyone have such a bug before and can tell me if the bux will appear sometimes or should I contact Nimblebit via mail about it?

20. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Anyone got iCloud working can please share how to do it