Universal Pocket Trains - (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 25, 2013.

1. yamfun

yamfun Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Really hate it when sending gift and the SENDING dialog stuck.

2. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I'd like it if we could sort on the fly by value, distance, etc. As it is, I find the default raw sort useful since usually the further away jobs are more valuable. I don't mind that the cargo I have is all over the place in the list though because it's easy to see if I'm going to one city what other stuff is available to transport to that city. If everything was sorted at the top I'd have to constantly scroll around the list which would waste a lot of time and be confusing. As it is I scan the list once or twice at most planning my route and then I'm off.

Last night I made a mistake and bought Asia. Then I had some break downs as I was moving trains around so I had no flex gold to spend to fix the issues and had to use some of my more valuable parts. Bye Bye extra Dekotora part :( . Some of my Standards were dropped by a piece of progress as well. In the end, I'm struggling to get things moving again... I guess I'm having growing pains. As it is though my EU side is changing dramatically. I'm keeping my 3 city UK and 4 city Amsterdam north sections blocked off. But Western mainland europe is downgrading to 2 trains that run from madrid north, and then Eastern Europe is moving to one main train. So I'm going from 7 trains to 5. The other two moved to Asia. I'm pretty sure I'll need at least one more train in asia... maybe two.

On the flip side my mission today is in Cape Town. I plan to send my one train in africa down there and just run it between nearby cities and hope to complete the mission since I need the bux pretty bad to catch up on opening crates. I have seen more decent bux cargo... though I'm hoping for one of those really big jobs to open up from china to alaska or something.

3. CzechCongo

CzechCongo Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Update is out!!

4. thematrixx

thematrixx Active Member

Feb 12, 2013
    I am intrigued and would love to play but IAP screams " not a chance!" I am happy to purchase complete games/scenarios and purchase updates eg "Battle of the Bulge" but lets stop these freemiums please!

5. CzechCongo

CzechCongo Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    IAPs are completely unnecessary. I have spent $0 and had a spectacular time.

6. Number1Ump

Number1Ump Active Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Arkansas
    Just installed it. Back in business. Awesome!

7. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    This times a million.

In fact, I might grab a modest IAP to thank NimbleBit for not ruining their game.

8. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    So I'm now debating the merits of maintaining all my legacy European lines as-is or consolidating a couple. On the one hand, more trains running at once. On the other, longer and more profitable routes with less micromanagement.

9. Poetachica

Poetachica Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Somewhere in the TARDIS.
    I play a lot, and can't seem to finish. Perhaps it's the way my lines are set up, the luck of the draw, transferring cargo from one station to another...it's too much for me to finish. :(

I love this game. I just purchased a Asia license. Finally. I need to see a really good Europe map with straight lines I can copy. One that has made mucho money and leveled up quickly. :)

10. Enriana

Enriana Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    East Coast, US
    Okay, so I'm fully addicted - I'm at level 10 and although I've been trying to keep up with this thread for tips/strategies, I haven't read everything. As I'm level 10 and have about 40k in coins, I was wondering a few things - when's a good time to expand to another continent? I have my best train (Daylight, otherwise I'm working with mostly Expresses & Carbon Steamers) based in Madrid, so unlocking Africa would be easiest. (Am I the only one whose geographical sense has improved with this game? ;P)

Right now I'm in Europe with 8 trains (I ran out of colors!) and 14 cities, about three cities per line. I've noticed all sorts of different strategies that people are using, and thought I'd post my map & trains and see if I could get some advice. :) As you can see in the attachments, everything's bunched up.

My main strategy has been focusing on events (do you get more ever? like, a European one and an African one, for instance? I'd love the ability to have more events, be they bigger or smaller) and then transferring (most of my cargo lots are pretty big at 30ish capacity, depending on the line) for whatever I need more (right now it's been Bux as I've been transferring a ton of crates and uncrating adds up; for a while it was coins). So, yeah, any advice, fellow train addicts? ;)

(First time attaching anything, hope this works..)

Attached Files:

• 009.PNG
      009.PNG
      File size:
      223.1 KB
      Views:
    • 010.PNG
      010.PNG
      File size:
      94.7 KB
      Views:
  11. griff08

griff08 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    my advice: expand slowly, make sure u have enough trains to service new regions. also, upgrade your trains so u can do more jobs. :D

12. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    I found this rather funny. :)
    Well played, Nimblebit, well played Sir!
    <applause>

Attached Files:

13. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Mine today is:

"The worlds largest diamond is on display in the Cape Town Museum! Help get these jewel enthusiasts to the exhibit opening!"

14. griff08

griff08 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Anybody else having trade issues? Did a trade about an hour ago still havent gotten parts.

15. iMing

iMing Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    co-founder at Takeout Arcade
    Kuala Lumpur
    $4

Spent $4 on bucks and enjoying it so far, a lovely iteration from planes. Would love to be able to transfer bux between games!

16. Rainbow Whang

Rainbow Whang Active Member

Sep 21, 2013
    San Diego
    How in bloody hell did you get a daylight at lvl 10??

17. Enriana

Enriana Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    East Coast, US
    Someone feeling generous when I was posting on the trading thread. I wish I remembered their code but I was doing a trade with someone else at the time and didn't realize until it was too late.

18. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
  19. Harmoniamundi

Harmoniamundi Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Teacher/Musician
    Ohio
    New update seems to have fixed cloud sync?

20. timmis6010

timmis6010 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Yeah there was some person sending random users full parts sets of good trains. I woke up one morning and got a full bullet. Not sure how honestly they themselves acquired those parts though.