Universal Pocket Trains - (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 25, 2013.

1. rewyan

rewyan Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2013
    I have 12 in Europe..... Uh oh

2. Number1Ump

Number1Ump Active Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Arkansas
    Since I can't drive my trains, I had to back to flying da planes and stocking the tower. Ugh. Come Apple, kick out the update for crying out loud.

3. rewyan

rewyan Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Stocking the tower no longer entertains me. I can't believe it was my life about two years ago. I think the App Store and games in general have come a long way since then.

4. griff08

griff08 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    happened to me twice.

"When you buy a special crate it can only be loaded once in it's original station, if you unload it it will be lost."

5. Number1Ump

Number1Ump Active Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Arkansas
    Agreed. Gotta play something. My candy crush drives me insane now and my words games are waiting for people to move. Ok, I'm a junkie. Lol.

6. Fallsteel

Fallsteel New Member

Oct 6, 2013
    Currently have purchased three licenses, Africa, Asia, and North America. This took ~three days of grinding total, I'm I'm starting to think I'm doing it wrong.

I have 8 rail roads, all of which are bluebell/cherry steamers (except for one carbon someone kindly gifted me) and I net a terrible amount of parts/bux per day. Any tips? Or even spare parts? My code is DPST.

Thanks in advance.

7. griff08

Oct 30, 2012
    i think maybe u bit a little more than u can chew there. u dont need to purchase all licenses immediately. specially if u dont have the special trains to run them.

i suggest u work to get the big trains first before doing jobs from one continent to another.

8. Ooh Shiny

Ooh Shiny Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    #1468 Ooh Shiny, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
    I feel like I'm going about this whole thing wrong. I'm level 15 and I only have 2 continents, I've been spending my coins on opening new railroads. I currently have 16 within Europe and Asia. I think ive gone overboard looking for trains and forgot about expansion. Here are my trains-

In use:
    3x carbon steamer with fuel car
    1x carbon steamer without
    1x mallard
    1x rio grand standard with 1 engine added
    1x pecos standard
    1x Gila standard
    1x San Juan standard
    2x national express with fuel car and engine added
    1x metro express with fuel car and engine added
    1x global express with fuel car and engine added
    1x regional express with fuel car and engine added
    1x metro express
    1x emerald steamer wth fuel car

Not in use:
    1x cherry steamer engine
    1x bluebell steamer engine
    1x vanilla steamer engine
    1x vanilla steamer fuel car
    1x global express engine

My current strategy is Reykjavik<->Paris<->Budapest<->chengdu
    This strategy is slowly becoming micromanagement hell. Any suggestions?
    Also, I have 50k and am 1 part away from a terabyte zephyr. Should I buy the NA or Oceania license next?

9. JTay

JTay Member

Sep 29, 2013
    If I had a train with a fuel car (IE my carbon steamer), could I somehow scrap to get the fuel car into parts and then reconstruct as an engine so that I had 2 engines? Not sure if that makes sense or not.

10. Ooh Shiny

Ooh Shiny Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    I'm pretty sure you can't. Once you craft it as one or the other you're stuck with them.

11. griff08

Oct 30, 2012
    i agree with this.

12. aelesia

aelesia Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Nothing wrong with having more trains and not expanding. You need lots of coins because expanding is really expensive anyway. I'm level 18 and I have 16 trains located mainly in Europe & Asia. Apart from that I have 1 city in Greenland & 1 city in Africa but those don't really count.

Micromanagement is still rather easy for me though. My main hubs are Paris and Chengdu. All the trains that connect to Paris feed 4 coin jobs bound for East Asia to Paris. Then another pair of trains transport it to Chengdu/Shanghai. From there, I have 5 more railroads operating to bring my cargo to East/North-East/South-East Asia.

13. Rainbow Whang

Rainbow Whang Active Member

Sep 21, 2013
    San Diego
    Finished the event in the nick of time today, with just 2 minutes left! Phew.

14. yamfun

yamfun Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    It is still not very correct because in PP there is repair cost, which I forgot whether it is distance based, or random, but in the long run, it equals to a fuel cost for every trip.

15. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Can someone give me the size installed?
    I'm sure the info is somewhere within the 50 pages and 1500 comments, but I didn't see it in the first 10 pages or so.

16. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    90.8 Mb after installing.

17. ictoanen

ictoanen Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Netherlands
    I am liking the game but am missing a couple of features which would really help me a lot:
    - Have the ability to sort cargo at a station by destination or by value.
    - Have the cargo on my train sorted together instead of all over de list of cargo at the station

What I dislike is the fact there is only a single save game. I am not happy with my current routes in Europe and would like to try out some different setups. The way the game is setup there is no easy way to do so. It will cost a lot to claim tracks for a different train just to find out the new routes weren't such a good idea.

My West-Europe setup was pretty efficient but requires a lot of micro management, now that I have expanded into Eastern-Europe it feels off balance and I am trying to find a better way of running my trains.

18. Tigerstriker

Tigerstriker Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Has anyone else noticed that when you level up and get the special crate, it cancels out what crates you might've gotten? Happend a few times to me now

19. Churchill92

Churchill92 Active Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Coin Multiplier

What exactly does the coin multiplier do? I see 1,2,3 coins below the name of the city the cargo is being delivered to. What does this mean?

I look at the TOTAL cost of the job for delivery. Does this mean that a job with 100 coins with 3 coins under it mean it will be a 300 coin job on delivery?

20. Squallid

Squallid Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Austria
    #1480 Squallid, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
    No, it will still be 100 coins on delivery.
    Those Icons are just a help to see which jobs get you the most coins per wagons.
    For example, you can have 100 coin jobs with 1 wagon or with 4, the one with one is more coins for less space since you could fit 4 of them, or 1 and 3 others, so it will get more of those coin icons displayed.

If you just look at the total revenue of a job but not at the number of wagons you'll loose money since you'd pick something like 400coins in 4 wagons over 120 in 1 + 350 in 3.