Universal Pocket Trains - (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 25, 2013.

1. CzechCongo

CzechCongo Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Nope. I haven't completed the zephyrs yet. And I didn't have standards done before getting zephyrs, nor express before standards.

Although it may be getting at least one part of all trains in a set.

2. aelesia

aelesia Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Nothing to do with that. I've never had enough parts to craft a San Juan or a Pecos, nor have I crafted a single Zephyr, but I started finding Freighters at level 17 too.

3. aelesia

Jan 23, 2013
    Honestly the only reason I made it go to Kolkata was to extend the length of the purple track to keep it roughly the same distance as the pink track. Mostly I wanted to make sure the running time/distance for both the purple/pink lines were similar.

4. aelesia

Jan 23, 2013
    I actually have all the licenses unlocked. They become kinda cheap after awhile. Ultimately my plans are to expand to the North America region and Oceania region and have 2 parallel lines running between NA and East Asia + Oceania.

One line will run from NA <-> Europe <-> Asia while the 2nd line will run from South America (but carrying cargo from the NA region) <-> Africa <-> Asia

5. Cool_Roxas

Cool_Roxas Active Member

Mar 25, 2011
    hi there. i'm just starting out and currently on lvl.6.
    anyone have spare national or metro express parts to gift?
    i don't have much for now but will gladly gift parts in the future.

thank you :)

21JK7

6. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    I should open Asia or NA at first?

7. chapel07

chapel07 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    I prefer asia lots of close stations :)

8. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Great. Can you post the map of Asia?

9. chapel07

chapel07 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Mine is not done yet..if you want you can refer at the post made by aelesia at page 137 :)

10. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Anyone can spare some carbon streamer to rglv?

Thanks

11. airstorm

airstorm Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Hi anyone have issue receiving gift? Send 4 parts from iOS to android .nothing recieved

12. Tigerstriker

Tigerstriker Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Trade

Anyone got peco, San Juan, gila standard and or rio grande standard parts? Willing to trade, I've got expresses and steamers. Donations are welcome too
    Friend code: 1XP4R

13. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    I'm having fun with North America. New York, Boston and Seattle are very close to each other, and since I sent a Gila Standard there (tons of fuel, very fast and 12 cars) I can send a quick round trip to those and bank the cash really quickly. I'm liking it.

14. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    So, can you post the map of NA?

15. aelesia

Jan 23, 2013
    The 2 Standard trains service the Paris <-> Tehran <-> Chengdu area.

The Century Limited and Daylight service the South East Asia stretch.

1 Mallard services the London/Iceland area.

The 2nd Mallard transfers goods from the Chengdu hub to the secondary hub in Shanghai.

The Cherry steamers aren't in use. They're just there because I'm too cheap to close and re-open the line so I plan to keep them idle until I need to move them to another region.

The rest are mostly Carbon Steamers and Expresses. I have 3 more fully upgraded express trains in my yard but I didn't bother taking them out because their current routes are too short to bother about. Have a couple of Zephyrs too but I don't plan on using them in service until they get their fuel cars.

Attached Files:

16. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    #1396 nightc1, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
    Finished expanding across North America. Pretty much NY straight west to SF and everything south is one 12 car train and everything north is another 12 car train all the way from the far reaches of Glasgow to Nome. So now that's EU and NA complete! By complete I mean all cities owned and all paths complete between them... so 100% complete on EU and NA.

I've managed to build a Terabyte Zephyr and a second a Gila Standard, but have yet to put them in service. I think one is going to go to Africa and the other may be a replacement for one of the 3 regular steamers left in central EU. But I have a Global Express, Metro Express & Regional Express waiting for a second car to put them in service (Since 1 car is 8 cargo and 2 is 12)... I just lack a few parts from having those completed.

Here's my stats for anyone interested.

Railroads: 11
    Miles: 217,660
    Cars: 16,284
    Crates: 226
    Bux: 4,676
    Events: 8
    Level: 15

I have opened every single crate I've gotten and am no longer waiting and saving bux since I seem to get at least 3 out of 5 decent train parts each time.

Trains in Service:
    1 x Rio Grande Standard
    1 x Gila Standard
    1 x Global Express (2 Engine)
    1 x National Express (2 Engine & 1 Fuel)
    2 x Cherry Steamer (with Fuel)
    3 x Carbon Steamer
    1 x Dekotora
    1 x Bluebell Steamer (with Fuel)

In My Yard (1 of each Engine)
    Global Express
    Regional Express
    Gila Standard
    Metro Express
    Terabyte Zephyr

Current parts (in order listed in game):
    Bluebell Steamer 2/3
    Carbon Steamer 2/4
    Emerald Steamer 4/3 (gonna build and sell for gold)
    Vanilla Steamer 9/3 (gonna build and sell for gold)
    Metro Express 5/6
    National Express 1/6
    Global Express 5/6
    Dragonbreath 2/5
    Regional Express 4/7
    Daylight 3/12
    Mallard 5/7
    Gila Standard 3/10
    San Juan Standard 9/10
    Rio Grande Standard 4/10
    Dekotora 1/13
    Pecos Standard 9/11
    Petabyte Zephyr 4/9
    Century Limited 1/13
    Exabyte Zephyr 2/9

17. rebartsch

rebartsch Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Any heard or seen any news on when the 1.0.4 for ios update will be available?
    I am having withdrawals waiting to start playing again!!!!!

18. CzechCongo

CzechCongo Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Why, can you not play now?

My app just started crashing last night and now I can't get past the splash screen. :( Any ideas? I've already restarted the device and reinstalled the app.

19. rebartsch

rebartsch Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    The 1.0.4 update is supposed to fix this problem...NimbleBit said last week it is supposed to be out this week sometime. As of yet..No update.
    Sorry to hear you are now in the same boat I am!!!

20. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I'm still on the launch version. No problems or crashes at all. There are a few things that annoy me like I wish train parts were sorted by type (steamers, express, standard, etc) rather than the order you found them and there were empty slots for the trains you've previously collected but sold off instead of them just disappearing from the list. But that's pretty minor and I don't think it's been addressed as something that needs tweaked yet. Heck it would be nice if in the Train information screen it listed the type of train since you loose that info when you rename. The game itself seems pretty well balanced across the board. I don't think I want it any harder or easier.