Universal Pocket Trains - (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 25, 2013.

1. dwerny

dwerny Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Ah I see. So basically the lines have independent job listings in the same city, but you can make some cars available to all lines by putting them in the yard?

2. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Exactly.

3. Robot:String

Robot:String Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Game & Web Designer
    Madrid, Spain
    Exactly! :)

4. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    No timer, just expensive.

Yes, there is. And you can upgrade cities to hold more layovers.

Madrid. That's an expensive license, figured you would figure that out before purchasing.

5. Brinkman

Brinkman Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm completely addicted ot this game.. not only do i love trains and europe but also time management. This is an addiction :eek:

6. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    No.

I plan to head to Africa or Asia. The lines crossing the Atlantic ocean are probably excessively expensive and fuel draining.

Oceania would be Islands SE of Asia and Australia. No, not to link Europe and America.

7. SuperPenguin17

SuperPenguin17 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2013
    Well I'm up and running in Africa.

I have a mallard that runs from volvogrado to Dakar through Barcelona Casablanca.. Ect. It can make it all the way without needing refueled, but needs about 10 minutes of fuel to turn and go right back. Then it's drained. Anyone else unlocked some of the more powerful trains?

8. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Oh good. I was afraid they found another way to take my money.

Oh, wait. They did.

9. nao

nao Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Train repairs is a gold sink. I don't mind the fuels but I hope they remove the repairs in an update.

10. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Yes, because what an already simple game needs to be better is even more simplicity ;)

Perhaps they can tweak the rate they occur, tweak the costs to repair, but removing them seems over the top.

11. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Anyone else playing on a Verizon iphone 5 on iOS 6x? The app seems to be causing me to get an "invalid sim card" message. Only happens when playing Pocket Trains, and then a reboot is needed. Anyone else getting this?

12. Brinkman

Brinkman Well-Known Member

This is what confused me. One city had a crate but only 1 of the two trains could see it. I wonder why they did this.

13. Mindtornado

Mindtornado Well-Known Member

May 30, 2013
    SP - what level are you on and have you picked up PP at all today?

14. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    My "Daily Event" is in Dublin today, and my friend noted his was in another city, but the parameters of the event were the same (deliver 75 jobs for a special train crate, and bux (unspecified amount).

15. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Same for me except in paris. Mine is called "Bee Concerned". Nicely for me it's my first day actually playing the game and I'm 10 jobs from completing it.

All in all this is a fairly enjoyable game... but a bit slow paced on the grind. But it's a nimblebit game so eventually I'm probably going to be complaining about the grind... still, at least there's a lot of areas to unlock and plenty to do beyond just grinding for nothing. Not sure how long I'll stick it out... but so far, it's good.

16. PocketDaddy45

PocketDaddy45 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Minnesota
    Are there going to be the big world events like on PP I wonder? Or just individual, daily events?

17. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    I received GTA V in my mailbox today, but so far I've only played pocket trains :D

18. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Just finished the daily event, got a special cargo and 20 bux.
    My event was called "Bee Concerned" as well.

Also, I received the "Starting Event" award, for completing 1 event, which was an additional special cargo and 20 bux.

19. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Removing repairs wouldn't make it more simple. It's not like there is any kind of gameplay or strategy involved in just shelling out more coins. The trick of only using one line at a time involves strategy, and switching lines, and switching trains... But removing a money sink only makes the game less annoying and more enjoyable. Not more simple.

20. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Tomato, tomato. Money sinks are standard fare in most games employing any level of strategy and without an adequate amount of them, money loses all value that much sooner. Take out money sinks and every action is inherently positively profitable which risks boredom that much sooner.