Universal Pocket Trains - (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Poetachica

Poetachica Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Somewhere in the TARDIS.
    Tips for Completing Quests?

I'm having a hard time completing quests. I only finished one, and I don't even know how I managed to pull that one off. I'm currently level 10 and it seems like all the cargo I need seems to be transferred somewhere else for pickup at another line, or is barely available---even if I micromanage my trips or do long hauls. Kinda frustrating. 75 or so crates in 8 hours is a lot if i wait around and gas up, and am not constantly playing the game.

Tips?:)

2. Poetachica

Poetachica Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Somewhere in the TARDIS.

A coin doubler or bonus would be great, especially since this game relies solely on fuel costs. Maybe in a future update?

3. Tastyfish

Tastyfish Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    I find some stations spawn more quest items then others. Last city for me was Milan, I'm spread all through Europe and Asia, but I found most of mt quest items were on the same line ( ie. Munich or Milan) so I did minimal shuffling around. Don't know if it's random, but try doing the simple drop offs nearby.

4. Tastyfish

Tastyfish Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    I'm in a similar situation as you (Europe and Asia). Any thoughts on where you plan for your next license?

5. Rainbow Whang

Rainbow Whang Active Member

Sep 21, 2013
    San Diego
    That's a sick setup man. Thanks for the advice. Do you recommend a line from New Delhi to chengdu, rather than New Delhi to Kolkata, and then chengdu??

6. rewyan

rewyan Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Have your railroads be straight lines. That's the key to profit and efficiency. You want straight routes that intersect.

7. JTay

JTay Member

Sep 29, 2013
    #1367 JTay, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
    What types of trains do you have on each of those lines? I'm not sure I have the required long distance trains for this kind of railroad setup.

8. Origami12

Origami12 Member

Jul 2, 2012
    any spare parts?

hi new to pocket trains but i am a level 8, i would like some more global express parts, malliard parts, national express parts and metro express parts, if u have any parts laying around i would really appreciate them. message me to trade or whatever.
    GC: Zultanite12

9. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    #1369 RinoaHeartily, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
    Do we need to know a bit about georgaphy and economics to play this? It seems certain routes are more profitable than the rest and its based on real world economy

Anyone has some spare carbon steamers? GLVC

Thanks

10. ltbaxter

ltbaxter Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Software Developer
    Midwest, USA
    Lvl 15

I had been postponing a number of crates until I leveled up in hopes of better parts. Just hit lvl 15 (9 railroads, 4514 bux, 10 events, 300 crates, 13K cars) Looking at other posts here, I feel like others at this lvl have several more railroads open. I have 3 licenses, ready to get 4th soon.

Special crates (7):
    Dragonbreath (almost done!)
    2 Century Limited
    4 Carbon Steams (boo at this point!)
    Regular crates (21):
    Steamers: 8 assorted colors
    Express: National (last piece needed), Metro, Regional
    Zephyr: Exabyte, 2 Petabyte
    Standard: 3 San Juan, 2 Gila, 2 Rio (completing one engine)

Do certain trains start to show up at a certain level (or stop showing up at some level)? I'm wondering at what level I'll stop getting (so many) Carbons from specials. I'm seeing a lot more standards at lvl 14 and 15, after seeing expresses get a lot more common around lvl 10, but no hard data in that.

11. griff08

griff08 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    post here this is the trading thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=205055

12. SuperPenguin17

SuperPenguin17 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2013

I just hit level 18 and this is the first level I've got to where I get freighter parts ... Which is the best set of trains in the game.

13. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    What's different between wood crates and purple crates?

14. Ohden

Ohden Well-Known Member

May 10, 2011
    Anybody hit a max layover cap? Just opened #105 in Budapest. :eek:

15. CzechCongo

CzechCongo Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    At 17 and just got my first freighter.

16. CzechCongo

CzechCongo Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Purple crates are "special". You'll have a better chance of getting unique or better train parts opening those. Consider buying them at the station if you have the cash and waiting until a relatively high level to open them to have a better chance of getting really good stuff. Or not, up to you. :)

17. Rainbow Whang

Rainbow Whang Active Member

Sep 21, 2013
    San Diego
    Is there ever a level where you stop getting goddamn steamers?? Lol

18. airstorm

airstorm Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Hi i m at level 7 and progressing very slow.will appreciate if anyone can share some express parts.my code is 68qk.

19. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    I didn't pay close attention but completing the current set of trains may be the key to unlock the new sets of trains.
    Maybe you're starting to get some freighters once you've got the full zephyr achievement?
    And zephyr once you've finished the standard train set (1 engine of each built)
    And so on.
    Anyone could confirm or infirm that theory?

20. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    I've only just enough parts to deploy a standard, although I haven't put it into service yet. I have zephyr parts turning up, but I still get steamer parts too. I'm level 14.