Universal Pocket Trains - (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 25, 2013.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I lost a special crate bought for 18,000 coins too :( I bought it, loaded it to the wrong train, unloaded it, went to correct train and it had disappeared. Sure, it's fixed on 1.0.4 which was submitted to Apple and so on, but it's still frustrating to lose 18,000 coins that way. Nearly as frustrating as buying a North America license for 50,000 coins to discover that the Lisbon-NY route costs 56,000 coins to make.

Btw, this game depends much more on bucks than TT and PP. I've had to stop playing for some time because all the trains had run out of fuel and I didn't have bucks to get them refuelled. It would be great to have a coin doubler or 1/2 refuelling timer IAP, rather than only consumable IAP's...

2. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I think what you mean to say is "Americans misspell colour as color".
    ;)
    And yes we need more of them.

206 coins per bux today.

And my daily event is in Munich! Yay! That makes a change from the last one, which was in Cape Town. Also lol @ the event text.

I'd like a way of storing my old trains that I've replaced, like a museum or something, where you could put the trains + fuel car and view them like in a station. Currently they just clutter up my Yard :(

3. rollo

rollo New Member

Oct 5, 2013
    Oceania Railroad

I just bought the Oceania licence how do I open a railroad in Australia?

4. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Through Indonesia

5. rewyan

rewyan Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2013
    If you swap engines, do you lose the fuel cars that are attached?

6. Tastyfish

Tastyfish Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Your engines and fuel cars all go to your yard to be available to be redistributed.

7. rewyan

rewyan Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Ok, thanks.

8. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Finished expanding across EU, now I'm nearly done with NA (including the expensive route to Hawaii). All that's left is the north east. I'm getting really close to having anothe r12 car train. That is what I've been holding on to go an head and take on Africa. I think I just want one train down there taking care of only important crate and Bux jobs.

Expanding has been fun. I can see eventually having maybe two or three trains per region and only going for the massive coin jobs as well as Bux and crates. Little jobs just aren't worth the time and having so many smaller lines is a bit if a pain to manage.

9. Flying Duck

Flying Duck Active Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Has anyone else used a Dragonbreath? They look so cool, but run out of fuel that quickly that it's going to have to go back to the scrapyard :(

10. CzechCongo

CzechCongo Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    The cars that have the city name colored are the same color as the line your train is on, indicating that it can be taken direct with one train without layovers. Not all of these jobs are higher value.

If the cargo name, not city, is colored, it's a special car. Crates are always yellow, bux always green, and event cars blue.

11. CzechCongo

Jul 17, 2013
    Also, some people would rather save their bux for crates and stockyard upgrades.

12. rewyan

rewyan Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2013
    It sucks because they have a good capacity (14) but a horrible amount of fuel (250). It has to refuel after every trip for me.

13. RoboBoto

RoboBoto Well-Known Member

May 1, 2012
    In addition to all this, I think Snotty128 was pointing out that the cargo name for four-coin jobs is bright white, while the cargo names for one, two and three-coin jobs is light grey (unless its yellow or blue as per your explanation). Very subtle but once you know to look for it, makes picking out the four coin jobs a lot faster.

14. thisisina

thisisina Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2012
    I've found that the 4-coin jobs aren't automatically more profitable than the 3 & 2 star jobs, depending on distance. It still pays to do a bit of quick division in your head. Also, it can be more profitable to take on lower coin jobs that add up to a higher total, than a 4-coin job with 5 cars and nothing else to fit into the train.

15. CzechCongo

Jul 17, 2013
    It's not just brighter for 4 coin jobs. 1 coin is darker than 2 coin, 2 is darker than 3. This is most noticeable when looking at a bunch of cars on the same line with colored cities

16. RoboBoto

RoboBoto Well-Known Member

May 1, 2012
    Thanks, I hadn't noticed that, will look for it now.

17. griff08

griff08 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    is there a best route to take to go asia from europe?

18. JTay

JTay Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Just expanded into Asia, not exactly sure what to set routes for now. Would anyone mind sharing their Asia setup?

19. Rainbow Whang

Rainbow Whang Active Member

Sep 21, 2013
    San Diego

This is my setup I'm using. I'm not an adamant player, but I use Budapest, Istanbul and Tehran as hubs for transporting cars.eventually I'm gonna make I straight railroad from Tokyo, Japan to New Delhi, than another line from New Delhi to Budapest, and from there I can unload all the profitable cars from Tokyo or deep Asia. I hope it works!

If anyone has tried something similar to my idea, feel free to give me advice on if it's effective pr not thanks! :)

Attached Files:

20. aelesia

aelesia Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Here's my empire so far. Red dots are my primary hubs while orange dots are my secondary hubs. The key idea is that Pink/Purple lines are both high capacity lines that transfer cargo between Asia and Europe, while both Yellow lines are transfer cargo from the primary hub to a regional hub.

Ignore the Cyan lines. Both of them are lines which I decommissioned but decided not to shut down the railroad as I figure it would be cheaper to move them around by reclaiming tracks rather than shutting down and starting a new line.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the Asian region but I'm not still not satisfied with the European region. Eventually I plan to shut down most of the European lines and turn the whole of Europe into a transfer hub.

Attached Files: