Universal Pocket Trains - (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 25, 2013.

1. ltbaxter

ltbaxter Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Software Developer
    Midwest, USA
    IF you have iCloud backup checked and working, then removing and reinstalling the game should work fine. (If you have a second iOS device you could possibly test by signing into GC and installing the game there?) If not, see if you have a full backup of your phone in iTunes which you could restore from. The iCloud sync functionality is designed to prevent problems from exactly this - I hope it works for you!

2. Squallid

Squallid Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Austria
    Hey guys :)

Today I found out that Pocket Trains is aviable on Android already...totally forgot about it after I quit playing PP (it just got too boring with having everything...) and really love it so far (lvl 4) :D

It lacks the "Mobage" integration PP has so there is no trading etc. but starts up way faster and IAPs are quite cheap....but I hope we'll be able to trade in the future (maybe even with IOS players).

Just a quick question I couldn't find (and don't want to read all the previous pages) - is there a "job refresh" every X minutes like there is in PP ?
    I played quite quick so far, so maybe I missed that if it's like every 10 Minutes or so, but I got one train sitting around with only 1 job atm and there don't seem to be new ones coming :(
    ...on the other hand I had a high-bux job vanishing when I switched to another train (in the same station) to get it on the right track, so maybe there was a job update? or it was just a bug?
    In PP there is a Timer at the Airports to show when a update is due, can't see that on PT...

3. rebartsch

rebartsch Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Thank you very much for the info/help Itbaxter! Very much appreciated/
    I also found this from NimbleBit on their website:
    http://support.nimblebit.com/customer/portal/articles/1315509-known-issues
    I wonder if this could be my problem and I should wait for the update before I do anything?
    Cheers and Thanks again!

4. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    You're not going crazy. ;)
    There are a few differences between PP & PT.

No job refreshes. Pick up what you can and move to the next station.

Trains at the same station will not share the same job list.
    2 trains at the same station will see a different list of jobs.

Only layover jobs are shared by trains at the same station.

They've implemented a new gifting system, a 4 character gifting ID. I haven't looked for mine but it can't be too hard to find if you poke around the settings? I guess this makes gifting across IOS and Android peeps a whole lot easier. You'll see people posting their gifting ID.

There's also a PT parts trading thread around here:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=205055

Gastaballa has put together a spreadsheet of train stats here:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Apz7Ma1OWUEWdGNZRWRWX2J6c2dIY2lNU09uLTVPcEE&rm=full#gid=5

5. Andrwsc

Andrwsc Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Yeah, I did something similar. I opened up Lisbon-New York as soon as possible, and then added San Francisco-New York, and after that opened up a "collector" line looping around San Francisco/Vancouver/Calgary/Denver/Phoenix/Los Angeles. I would use this to pick up high-value jobs (4 coins & bux) and feed them back to NY.

I started this arrangement with Express trains, but as soon as I got my first Standard engine, I swapped that in for the Lisbon-New York line. Even without upgrades, it's similar range and identical capacity as a fully-upgraded Express. But then you can add engines and fuel cars when you've collected enough parts to do that. But you might as well start operations as soon as possible.

6. NimbleTim

NimbleTim Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Android and cross platform trading is fully supported just use the code on the settings screen within the game.

7. Andrwsc

Jul 17, 2012
    #1287 Andrwsc, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
    You can do this already. Nimblebit now use a "gift code" (found at the bottom of the options page) that works between iOS and Android. That solves the problem of having Mobage IDs (Android only) or Game Center IDs (iOS only) for gifting.

My main game is on my iPod but I have another on my Android phone, and I've been sending parts back and forth to myself. :)

8. Meslomeslo

Meslomeslo Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2013
    can you trade trains like in pocket frogs?

9. Squallid

Squallid Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Austria
    Ah ok, that explains a few things, thanks :)

Thanks guys for clearing that up, I already found the reason I thought this doesn't work...the Firewall on my phone blocks new apps from accessing the internet by default, I always forget about that :eek:
    Now I should get an ID soon I guess :)

10. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Emerald Steamer
    Bluebell Steamer
    Vanilla Steamer
    Carbon Steamer
    Dragonbreath
    Mallard with no fuel car yet, I've not got enough parts :(
    Global Express
    Metro Express
    National Express

All of them except the Mallard have the full amount of engines and fuel cars.

11. Ooh Shiny

Ooh Shiny Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Has anyone tried a line from san fransisco to chengdu? I noticed you can make collector loops on both sides and it's a fairly direct route. I don't have the trains or money to do this yet but was wondering if anyone's experimented with it?

12. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Wow did you guys see the latest NimbleBit news o_O

Tiny Death Star with Disney/LucasArts, coming soon
    Pretty incredible :)
    (News in TA)

Attached Files:

13. Relharn

Relharn Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm level 13 and running 11 trains:
    3 x Bluebell Steamer
    1 x Vanilla Steamer
    1 x Emerald Steamer
    1 x Carbon Steamer
    1 x National Express (2 engines)
    1 x Metro Express (2 engines)
    1 x Global Express (1 engine)
    1 x Gila Standard (1 engine, no fuel)
    1 x Rio Grande Standard (1 engine, no fuel)

All with fuel except Standards.

Now my question. Do you rename your trains?

I name mine based on location and colour of the train line.

Eg. Euro Red, Eurasia Yellow, Asia Blue etc

And in semi related NimbleBit squee-age...Tiny Death Star!!!!!!
    (Edit: Beat me to it Vic!)

14. Andrwsc

Jul 17, 2012
    I have something similar. On the west side, I have a loop from San Fransisco, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Denver, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver. I also have the side spur to Edmonton, and that's great for getting "job refreshes" by shuttling back and forth to Calgary. I feed this into a line from San Francisco to New York. It's handy that there are two intersection points (Denver and San Francisco) because if I get a high-value job on my loop line in one of those cities, I can drop it off as a layover in the other one.

On the east side, my long run was from Vologograd to Beijing, so it's feeder line is a Zephyr running between Shenyang, Seoul and Vladivostok.

I have also opened a third run like this, from Forteleza to Casablanca, fed by another Zephyr shuttling between Belem and Salvador, collecting high-value layovers for Forteleza.

This strategy works for me, lots of big jobs. My highest value job so far is 1172 coins per car (5860 for a five-car load) from LA or Phoenix to Vladivostok, I think.

15. Ooh Shiny

Ooh Shiny Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Do you have New York connecting to Lisbon, and then Lisbon to chengdu, or are your NA line and Asia line separate operations?

16. Andrwsc

Jul 17, 2012
    I have some lines named after real-life railroads (Deutsche Bahn, Sibirjak, British Rail, Bosphorus Express, etc.) but the rest are named after their regional location or purpose (e.g. "Trans-Atlantic", "Brazil"). I don't bother putting the color in the name.

17. Andrwsc

Jul 17, 2012
    #1297 Andrwsc, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
    I don't go to Chengdu. Lisbon feeds into a big hub in Munich, and another line runs to Volgograd, and then via Urumqi to Beijing.

I'm about ready to start my 15th railroad (just completed a Pecos Standard) so I think I'll use that on a second Asian route. I'm only hesitant because I don't want any daily events in awkward places, which I might get by opening up too much with out lots of feeder support.

And yes, New York to Lisbon is a dedicated line (now served by a two-engine Standard, cap. 18).

18. makitango

makitango Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2011
    I also rename my trains and call them "EU Northwest", "ASIA Southeast" and color them in the same color within a license's area, e.g. all my EU lines are blue, ASIA lines yellow and so on. It really helps when you are swiping through the trains without using the list.

And yes, kudos to the Tiny Death Star news!!!

19. rewyan

rewyan Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Well, I think Pocket Trains will keep me busy enough until Tiny Death Star. I can't wait for it, it sounds awesome.

20. Mr. Ramen

Mr. Ramen Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2012
    I'd rather have Pocket Ships. Doing this with boats going from harbor to harbor would be cool.