Universal Pocket Trains - (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 25, 2013.

1. His Paleness

His Paleness New Member

Sep 26, 2013
    I got a 'tip' on the game that trains need to be repaired. It was unclear how to actually do that when the train was in the station though. Anyone know how to get that done?

2. nao

nao Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    What do you guys think is the optimum number of cities per train?

Also, does anyone know what the exclamation mark on some of my cities mean?

3. snippygal

snippygal Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    I've just seen where to tell how much more fuel will be needed for your trains. If you click the little train icon in the top-right corner of your screen, a list appears with all your current trains. For any trains parked in a station (and not in transit), it shows the fuel level. You can see the total fuel capacity, and how far it needs to fill. There's no remaining time shown on this screen.

This also doesn't answer the question of how much fuel is needed to get from one station to another... but at least when you try to depart, you get the pop-up saying "You'll need ___ more minutes for fueling to reach this destination, or you can use bux."

4. Robot:String

Robot:String Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Game & Web Designer
    Madrid, Spain
    When a train is wrecked at a station, go to "Jobs" and you will get a popup with options to repair.

5. dwerny

dwerny Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Has anyone else noticed that two trains in the same city will see different jobs? How does that make sense?

6. Robot:String

Mar 13, 2013
    Game & Web Designer
    Madrid, Spain
    4-5 cities per line seems to be ok.

And event in progress. Also, bigger city dots mean there are layover in that city.

7. softflow

softflow Member

Jun 22, 2012
    I've noticed that every 5 seconds = 1 fuel spent (10 seconds in a station refuels 1 fuel level). Therefore if you know the approximate travel time to the station, you can guesstimate how much fuel you'll spend. Most of these early city to city routes are 4 or 5 minutes, so you're looking at around 48-60 fuel per city.

8. SuperPenguin17

SuperPenguin17 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2013
    Has anyone purchased a new license yet? I was curious on where people are heading to next and also curious what the "Oceania" license entails.. Will I need it to link Europe and America?

Can you start a rail in America without it being linked to Europe?

9. wuzmaname

wuzmaname Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Where do we go if we want to trade parts? Is there a thread for that?

10. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Same city, different train lines arriving at different platforms... so different jobs. That's how I see it. It's not like an airport with one or two runways or whatever and once in the air it can fly any direction.

11. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I really hope we'll eventually be able to go in two directions between the same cities. Maybe this can be accomplished with two separate lines between the same cities? I won't know until I can save enough to try it out. If so, I wonder how many lines can go between two cities.

Also, the fuel timers are just another obstacle. Hope their next game doesn't throw in oil timers, wheel timers, etc.

I haven't had to repair a train, but is that another timer?!

12. dwerny

dwerny Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    So there is no layover mechanic then?

13. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    So basically, if you have a route taking x minutes, starting it and then turning the game off for 3x minutes should get you there and refueled.

14. Unstablefan

Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Real trains can, you know, switch tracks and stuff.

There is a cargo transfer mechanic.

15. SuperPenguin17

SuperPenguin17 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2013
    Just bought an Africa license. What city connects Europe to Africa?

16. dwerny

dwerny Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    How does the cargo transfer work then? I thought I understood this game but now I'm really confused...

Are you saying that layovers only work for cargo, but not passenger cars?

17. Robot:String

Mar 13, 2013
    Game & Web Designer
    Madrid, Spain
    Madrid

18. Robot:String

Mar 13, 2013
    Game & Web Designer
    Madrid, Spain
    Say you have 2 trains in Munich: train 1 goes from Budapest to Paris, train 2 from Berlin to Milan. Each one sees its own jobs. So if train 1 (that goes to Paris) see a job for Berlin, train 2 can't see it. But both see the layovers in the station.

19. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    True. But real trains can also travel on the same track in the same direction and don't break after a few uses. I was just throwing out what I was thinking for how this more simple game works.

Once a train reaches a station where you want to drop cargo, just go into jobs and de-select those jobs and it'll say "Yard". Once another train that you want to transfer the load to is at the same station then the jobs will show in that train's job list.

20. Unstablefan

Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    When you arrive at a station goods are not bound for, you can tap them to move them to the yard, which can only hold 5 cars at a time to start but is upgradeable.