Universal Pocket Trains - (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 25, 2013.

1. atmmta

atmmta Active Member

Sep 30, 2013
    #1161 atmmta, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
    Ah, you're throwing them under the bus, or train rather.

I have another question, is it a bug or normal behaviour to lose a special crate by loading and unloading it off a train in the same station? I tend to do this while planning out what to pick up etc. If it's normal, it's a bit weird. Either way, I've lost $26,000

2. atmmta

atmmta Active Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Special crates can't be found. So if anything, I'd buy those. Their prices go up per level. So grab them early. I'm considering opening a new game to farm special crates at a low level and gifting them to my main game (although I might be stuck with a bunch of carbon...).

3. yamfun

yamfun Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    I feel like, the outcome of crates is also related to the amount of bux I got. :eek:
    So I got bunch of Standard and Zephyr at 400 bux, then as it got used towards 200 bux, more Express and Steamer appeared.
    :eek:

4. griff08

griff08 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Hmm interesting. I will try to test that theory.

5. Andrwsc

Andrwsc Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    I've started two other games to do exactly that. :D

6. Andrwsc

Jul 17, 2012
    I rarely let my bux total climb above 20, and I am getting plenty of Standard and Zephyr parts.

7. Andrwsc

Jul 17, 2012
    I don't think it's worth it to buy normal crates. I have a backlog that keeps growing, so I'll even skip some crate jobs if their destination is not close by.

But I spent $30000 for a special crate (I must be a level or two ahead of you) because I have more coins than I can use right now.

You need coins to open cities and claim lines, and you need bux to open crates to build trains. Ideally you'd like to take your next expansion steps at about the same time, but I'm finding that I don't have trains ready for when I have enough cash to open new territories. I'm far more bux-constrained than coin-constrained at this point. Heck, I even purchased all six licenses just to get the "Fully Licensed" event so that I could get another 20 bux and another special crate!

8. CzechCongo

CzechCongo Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Agree 100% with all of this. (Except I suppose I haven't bought all e licenses yet.) Doesn't make any sense to spend thousands on regular crates when you find them at a large percentage of stations normally. And I will spend to get special crates, even though I'm still getting carbons from them. Oh well, I'm realizing carbons are still very useful even as the game goes on. At the very least when they break down they're not expensive to repair.

9. boomerkidd

boomerkidd Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Just reached level 12 and the first thing I did was to open 30 normal crates. This was what I got:

Global 3
    National 2
    Gila 5
    Regional 3
    Metro 3
    Sanjuan 3
    Pecos 3
    Rio 3
    Emerald 2
    Bluebell 1
    Cherry 1
    Vanilla 1

The pecos was a first, and the steamer rate was only 5/30 crates at this point.

10. GSwarthout

GSwarthout Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    What does the brown box with the number in the lower left mean? (It's next to Bux and Coins)?

Greg

11. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    It's the number of crates that you have.

12. RoboBoto

RoboBoto Well-Known Member

May 1, 2012
  13. ltbaxter

ltbaxter Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Software Developer
    Midwest, USA
    I just turned lvl 13 and opened a number of regular crates. Very similar distribution to what boomerkidd saw (many express, a few standard, not a ton of steamers any more).

Andrwsc, I'm hoping you're a few ahead, I'm certainly not seeing the kind of cash you are! :) lvl 13, three licenses (Eur/Asia/Africa) and the Reykjavik line open plus lines out to Chengdu. I have 3-4 express engines now in service, close to opening a Rio Grande and a San Juan. Thanks for the feedback - I'll buy the special crates that show up for sale and pass on the regular ones.

14. drew3276

drew3276 New Member

Sep 28, 2013
    I ran into a big problem and can't open the game. Last night I was trying to buy some Bux and I kept getting an error message. After that happened it won't let me open the game. It crashes every time I open the game. I tried deleting the game and reinstalling but it does the same thing. Anything I can do to fix it?

15. gasbatalla

gasbatalla Member

Feb 18, 2013
    I created a spreadsheet with the information available in the wiki but a little more detailed.

I thought you guys might find this helpful.

Pocket Train Stats

16. Andrwsc

Jul 17, 2012
    Well, it's not like I am rolling in cash. I just have a surplus with respect to my bux total...

I'm currently at level 15.95 (i.e. 1,565,905 / 1,655,900 XP) and have 14 railroads running:
    • 7 in Europe: 4 carbon, 2 original steamer, and 1 express
    • 1 standard running Lisbon-New York
    • 2 express in North America: one collecting jobs in a loop around the western US and Canada, intersecting in San Francisco and Denver with the other express that connects to New York
    • 1 standard running Volgograd-Beijing
    • 1 express collecting jobs in the cluster of cities near Beijing
    • 1 standard running Casablanca-Fortaleza via Dakar
    • 1 express collecting jobs in Brazil

My strategy is to focus on the high-value jobs (bux and 4 coins) and move them long distances (Asia to N. & S. America). I currently have only about 65K left after all that expansion, but I need more standard pieces to go any further.

17. RoboBoto

RoboBoto Well-Known Member

May 1, 2012
    I only see a blank spreadsheet, is it me or the file?

18. CzechCongo

CzechCongo Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    I see it. Thanks, gas.

19. gasbatalla

gasbatalla Member

Feb 18, 2013
    It's fixed now, somebody deleted the spreadsheet.

It should be up again.

If this continues to happen I will probably make it read-only but this will make the filters to stop working.

These are pretty simple calculations but I consider it useful information.

Let me know what you think.

20. Poetachica

Poetachica Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Somewhere in the TARDIS.
    #1180 Poetachica, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
    This is my current set up
    [​IMG]
    I am going to break down the yellow railroad in two smaller ones though. Seems better to micromanage, for me.

I am having a hard time finding bux now that I am almost level 10. I have to do a lot of transferring between lines, and I don't want to lose money or waste time just to get bux. Wish the crates were a bit cheaper.

Some recommendations for the game:
    1: let me see the total amount if XP gained per trip.

2: let me see the total amount if has units used per trip.

3. let me see total profit gained if trip were taken once crates are loaded on train.

4: let me sell parts prior to assembling entire train in "craft" mode. You have to use at least 30 bux to assemble train, and can only sell after that train is assembled in its entirety.

5. Train-o-pedia please. I want t see various upcoming models and info on current trains.

6. Individual stats per train.

7. Customization of trains and conductors.

Now, I'm on my way to get my next license...but don't know which country. I'll wait until I get a huge amount of cash and some more trains to go with.

Btw my gift code is L0KZ that's a zero in there. Any help is needed, and it will be happy to help back when I can.
    :)