Universal Pocket Trains - (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 25, 2013.

1. CzechCongo

CzechCongo Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Yep. Two stops away from Glasgow.

2. elethana

elethana Member

Jan 11, 2013
    Sonoran Desert
    You can add a fuel car, but can't improve the base. You can make a fuel car from the same parts as the engine it supports.

3. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Thanks, CzechCongo and elethana. How can I find the fuel car?

4. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Jezzz, finally got 50k to buy NA license,now i need other 56k to buy train rail ¥_¥

5. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    When the train is in a station, tap "train" the tap "add fuel car"

6. CzechCongo

Jul 17, 2013
  7. jdrawmer

jdrawmer Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Got a question if anyone happens to know...

If I have 2 completely unconnected lines - do jobs only appear for stations that can be reached by that station, or do all jobs appear, like in Pocket Planes??

If it's the former, I was going to set up an unrelated network in each continent (eventually) - just for my own interest; but if that isn't the case, it'll just be awful.

8. SuperPenguin17

SuperPenguin17 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2013
    But you could buy the transatlantic tunnel, start a North American system, then sell the tunnel....

But yes... Jobs going to Europe would still appear in American stations.

9. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    Yeah, but once I've set up the network, I can then delete that track and end up with completely isolated networks. I just wondered if at that point, you didn't get jobs for the other isolated networks you might have?

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I've had to clear up a few posts. If anyone talks about 'hacking' or getting round IAP's then they will be put in a lengthy time-out or possibly banned outright.

I'm not a huge fan of IAP's so i simply 'vote' by not downloading the app or buying any IAP's for particular games. 'Hacking' the game to cheat is totally wrong and not fair on people who are buying IAP's or playing games fairly. Please report any 'hacking' talk as i'll then start checking accounts/posts

Thanks

11. aelesia

aelesia Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Thank you.

12. CzechCongo

Jul 17, 2013
    When you scrap track you actually receive money back, but it's nothing near what you paid for it, not to mention the money spent if you claimed the track for a line. I believe you get 20% back. So you'd only be losing money if you then bought the track again later. If there's any chance of using the line again, I wouldn't scrap it, if we're talking about something huge like Lisbon-NY.

13. Jonesy0329

Jonesy0329 Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2012
    Alabama

Witch hunts are SO cool....... not.

14. CzechCongo

Jul 17, 2013
    Looks like we lost upwards of 50 comments in the thread. That should make it much easier for newcomers. Thanks.

15. Nalazoo

Nalazoo Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2012
    Close To My Heart Consultant
    Whoo Hooo! Choo Choo :)

I just made level 10.

I have 5 lines running:
    Purple - Bluebell Steamer with fuel car
    Red - Bluebell Steamer
    Orange - Cherry Steamer with fuel car
    Yellow - Carbon Steamer
    Cyan - Bluebell Steamer

I made the mistake early on of changing out an engine by putting a new one on the line :(. In the end, shuffled trains by claiming tracks to give the Carbon Steamer the long line.

Thinking of moving the engine on the red line to service Paris > Milan > Rome, and adding Munich > Budapest > Istanbul to the yellow line. Thoughts?

image.jpg

I currently have 752 BUX and 15,107 coins - not bad considering I opened Reykjavik this morning. Quickly made back most of that investment with better paying jobs.

My priority for picking up jobs:
    1. BUX - since these can be exchanged for coins, I feel they are more valuable. I'll pick up and drop in a neighboring station to save them until I can deliver to their final destination.
    2. Crates - been picking up and acquiring crates as I go, opened just what I needed to get Carbon Steamer up and running.
    3. High paying jobs along the line (helps to alleviate layovers), unless...there is a really juicy job that comes up, then it goes ;)
    4. Fill the train with jobs for the next station - this way, I stop, and see if there's anything else there to pick up.

This is definitely a more micro-managed method. Since I'm constantly picking up BUX, I do refuel frequently and still gain BUX.

Paris is the main hub, with Milan, Munich, Berlin and Madrid acting as feeder or transitioning hubs. I do struggle with figuring out how to handle BUX coming out of the feeder cities that belong on that same line. For example, if the orange train hits Munich and there's a 10 BUX job for Istanbul, it needs to be on the red line...how to get it there? If I drop it in Milan, I've made the mistake of taking it back to Munich. I need to figure out a system to transfer these without running them back and forth...LOL. Maybe pencil and paper.

Open to suggestions for improving the set up or switching out engines.

In the Parts Yard I have crates for:
    Carbon Steamer 4/4
    Cherry Steamer 3/3
    Emerald Steamer 8/3
    Vanilla Steamer 9/3
    National Express 5/6
    Metro Express 6/6
    Mallard 2/12

In the train yard - one Vanilla Steamer Engine :)

Unopened Crates:
    4 Special
    116 Standard - think I have enough for a bit

16. Andrwsc

Andrwsc Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    #1096 Andrwsc, Oct 2, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
    I had a set of 5 cars from Seoul to Los Angeles that was $1132 each.

My coin collection strategy at the moment is as follows: I have a railroad between Beijing/Shenyang/Seoul that collects high-value jobs and drops them off in Beijing. I also have a loop between San Francisco/Vancouver/Calgary/Denver/Phoenix/Los Angeles that also collects high-value jobs and drops them off in Denver and/or SFO. I then have three long distance lines (San Francisco-New York, New York-Lisbon, Vologograd-Beijing) plus my European network to move between Lisbon and Volgograd (usually in two hops: Lisbon to Munich and Munich to Volgograd).

This works well, but is bottlenecked right now because I don't have any trains with a capacity higher than 12, and my hubs are limited to max 30-40 items. My conundrum with bux collecting is whether to spend them on hub upgrades, or opening crates (looking for Standard parts) because I need both!

17. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    My daily event screens shows that today's event is in c% . I did some searching around and eventually found it in Moscow.

Today's exchange rate is rubbish too! 184

Attached Files:

18. cathy.

cathy. Member

Sep 30, 2013
    I know I'm pretty late on replying to this, but my apologizes for the false accusation anyway. I just found it pretty odd how you had so many powerful trains yet you only had 6 lines and jumped to conclusions too quickly after seeing how there have been a handful of players here who are overflowing with powerful Freighters and "rare" trains.

Again, I'm sorry for misjudging you.

19. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    It's struck me that your strategy should be linked to available playing time.

Bux and crates are fixed at 1 crate and 1,2,3 or 4 bux per job (a big difference from PP), regardless of how far they are traveling... Coin jobs just increase with distance; and without the bonuses for a full train, means there's no benefit for having longer distances. It's actually just as good to have a 4 coin job going from Paris to London, as it is having one go from Honolulu to Anadyr, IF you have the available playing time to keep checking in to set it on its way again.

Therefore - if you have a lot of playing time, you should have a more congested, smaller network in terms of distance... If you don't have much playing time, then longer distances would be the way to go to set off and leave them running.

20. Andrwsc

Andrwsc Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Incorrect. I had a 48-bux job (4 cars, 12 bux each) from East Asia to North America. (Beijing to San Francisco? I don't remember the route, but I remember the 48 bux jackpot! :))