Universal Pocket Trains - (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 25, 2013.

1. CzechCongo

CzechCongo Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    It looks like the three of us are riffing on the same themes. You'll note that mine has allowed for some significant profit (no IAP!) but I'm still going to tweak some stuff soon, before moving into Asia. Just waiting on some more regionals/standards.

Attached Files:

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    That is pretty similar, nice amount of coins there! Also thought I'd mention repair prices. At first they never really bothered me as it was usually around 1k but now I've just started using an express and 1 daylight train the express cost me 2k and the daylight 4k to repair!

3. Mdaymond

Mdaymond Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    What trains are you running there Czech? And what sort of return (bux, crates, coins) are you pulling in each hour, if you know? :)

Do you not find yourself waiting for trains to arrive all the time?

4. Macs96qaz

Macs96qaz Active Member

Nov 14, 2012
    Canada
    I don't have a pic to post right now, but I would suggest setting up hubs for regions (Any size regions, about one or two per continent I would suggest) and upgrading that city for more stockyard capacity and making straight lines in all directions possible until you hit an end/another hub.

It's working for me, when I get the time, I will post my map (and profit per hour) so you can see how it works.

5. CzechCongo

Jul 17, 2013
    #1045 CzechCongo, Oct 2, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
    I haven't checked my hourly, but next time I go on a tear I'll do screenshots like you and let you know. ;)

I've got 4 full carbons, a full vanilla, a full metro, a full national, and a San Juan engine. Waiting on a couple more well equipped standards before trying Asia out.

When I'm playing, I usually send trains down the line one, maybe two stations at a time, doing lots of transfers to get bux/crate/high $ cars where they need to go. With 8+ lines in Europe, you don't have to wait very long. Then they run out of fuel, and you go back to life for a while. :D

6. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    W

I've just seen my most valuable car so far, $912 for a gold car from Amsterdam to Auckland

7. CzechCongo

Jul 17, 2013
    I've seen a couple above 1k. One was from one of the Russian stations to Lisbon; must have been nice cargo.

Expanding into western Russia (i.e. Eastern Europe) really bumps up the available cargo prices back to Western Europe.

8. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    That $912 was the price for each car! It's a long way off, but I can't wait to see what the prices from Alaska, Honolulu, or Chile to Christchurch end up being.

9. rewyan

rewyan Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2013
    I had 5 cars with 20 Bux total going the short distance from Amsterdam to Paris. That's my most valuable car yet.

10. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    While playing, I often see "!" icon in cities. What does it mean?

11. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    For the ! Icon, check in the menu, then under events to see what the criteria for your daily event is. I believe applicable cars have their name highlighted in blue

12. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Thanks, so I should try to finish them everyday?

13. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    For completing them you get a special crate ( a rarer train part ), some bux and it's another step to the event achievements, netting you more special crates and buxs.

It's up to you if you think your particular event is worth trying for, based on how it fits with your network, and how much time you have to play before the timer runs out

14. ElkhoundsRock

ElkhoundsRock Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Hockey
    Canada
    #1054 ElkhoundsRock, Oct 2, 2013
    I've also had pp since day 1 that's when I found this forum. I was looking for strategies for pp.

Yea ok ill pm you if I wanna trade. Im only level 10 (even tho i got this game the second it came out i cant be on 24/7 cuz of school) so i don't have any interesting parts

Edit: I'm looking for standards aswell lol

15. CzechCongo

Jul 17, 2013
    Ok, so I just played for an hour, noting my stats before and after. The following are how much each stat increased.

Coins: 27225
    Crates: 15
    Bux: 66
    Miles: 5372
    Cars: 494

My first train (an express) ran dry after about 40 minutes, and the steamers started running dry at about 55. There wasn't much downtime, and when there was I watched the next train and grabbed flying prizes. I didn't make any train/line changes, make any repairs, or use any bux.

16. Tastyfish

Tastyfish Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Does iCloud sync work now?

Assuming it does: can I play offline with one device, then get it to a wifi zone, then my other device will synch the updated data? And if that is a yes, how long does it take to synch from device to device?

17. yamfun

yamfun Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    I want to say events in PT is easier than PP because of the refresh system.

18. thisisina

thisisina Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2012
    How many railroads do you guys have servicing Europe? I have 7 right now (barely beginning the expansion to Asia, but I think I need to be more efficient in my railway lines.

19. aelesia

aelesia Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2013
    #1059 aelesia, Oct 2, 2013
    No way. I had an event in PP where I did over 6500~ jobs. All you had to do was shuffle 2 planes back and forth between cities that were around 5 mins apart to stack jobs up.

Plus you had an event you could simply dedicate your entire fleet to it. Can't do that in Pocket Trains.

[​IMG]

20. aelesia

aelesia Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2013
    7 total. 6 are dedicated to serving Europe so far, and the last 1 is connects Europe to Asia through Tehran.