Universal Pocket Trains - (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Mdaymond

Mdaymond Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Seconded.

Third-ed.

You still haven't actually replied to my answer to your 'case' that you put forward a few pages back which tried to justify hacking and disrupting a game. If you have any decent answer to it then please post that, because as it stands the only 'douche' is you.

2. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #982 VirtualBoyFreak, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
    @NimbleTim: Why not make a x2 multiplier that makes you get double small/big coins and bank notes when you click on them? I don't like consumable IAP, but a x2 multiplier would be nice. EDIT: This applies to @eeenmachine too! (And any other NimbleBit person here :D)

3. SuperPenguin17

SuperPenguin17 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2013
    It sucks to spend $30 in app and play a lot for a few day and get accused of cheating...

It would be cool for nimblebit to back me up on this. Where you at eeeen???

4. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    That isn't something I would be able to look up sorry. I believe you though if that helps, and thanks for supporting us!

5. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    I think people are forgetting that Bux:
    a) refuel trains
    b) skip travel times
    and
    c) convert into coin

And coin can buy additional crates, both normal and special.

It's really a brilliant design. And the game is still fun for folks like me who have played a good bit but not a ton for 6 days now, not spent anything on IAP, and not spent bux on fuel (too precious!).

In fact, I'm thinking of dropping $5 on the IAP as a tip for a great game.

One last thing: IMO, the fun of the game is discovering new cities and trains and planning routes. Rushing to the best trains and the biggest networks just speeds up the day when the game will be boring.

6. SuperPenguin17

Jan 6, 2013
    At the time that I accepted scorpions 5 daylight parts, I didn't know he was a hacker. I did give him my two rare Dekotora parts for it... So it doesn't really seem that it favored me a lot.

7. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    We know you aren't ;)

Don't feed the trolls guys, it only encourages them!

May I remember to those bored by the hackerz B.S. that you may "Ignore" some people in the forum: user cp, go to edit ignore list, add a few of his multiple names, and there you are :D

So which IAP did you buy?
    I'm considering the 600 Bux to open half my backlog of crates (110), and pay for the great time I've had and will have with Pocket Trains.

Also @eeen, it's time to edit your signature and add your last 3 games :p

8. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    You bought the crates, you can do whatever you want with them! Gift away!

9. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Thank i take ur advise then

10. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I'm having trouble every time I upload a pic and go back to submit my post it won't do anything, any ideas?

11. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    on the TA app, a good trick is to always upload the pic first, then type your message.

12. Andrwsc

Andrwsc Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    I'm thinking of the 50 special crates for $4.99.

I never purchased any 'thank you' IAP for Pocket Planes, mostly as a "personal protest" because the app hard-crashes for me after every job refresh, so I have to restart every 5 minutes. :mad: They still haven't fixed that bug in the ~15 months that the game has been out.

But so far Pocket Trains is rock-solid on my nearly obsolete 4g iPod touch, and I have a feeling that this game will have more lasting gameplay value than PP.

13. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    I didn't realize you're already blacklisted for hacking. No way off that list I'm afraid.

14. NimbleTim

NimbleTim Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Sorry about the crashing in Pocket Planes. This is actually the first we have heard of this happening which is why it has never been fixed. Can you send me a PM with the details and maybe we can get it figured out.

15. ElkhoundsRock

ElkhoundsRock Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Hockey
    Canada
    I got the increase aswell. But this is the first event that I'm level 10

16. SuperPenguin17

Jan 6, 2013
    I've bought:

100 bux (twice)
    600 bux (once)

25 special crates
    75 crates (twice)

17. RoboBoto

RoboBoto Well-Known Member

May 1, 2012
    I'll take this opportunity since eeen and Tim around to say how great PT is and how much I'm enjoying it. The IAPs are perfect - I know I could happily play without a single purchase, as I know many do. I bought the big bux package as a thank you and offset to all the bs that has been going on, but like your other apps you are very generous in what we get for free. Thanks.

18. Robot:String

Robot:String Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Game & Web Designer
    Madrid, Spain
    You clearly know nothing about app development, game balancing or app marketing (only a fool would make such stupid remarks).
    But since I like to support my assertions with data (or at least, qualified opinion), here's something for you to read: http://www.marco.org/2013/09/28/underscore-price-dynamics

You're clearly just trying to justify yourself, but the reality is nobody wants to pay for apps, and devs are now forced to use iap to try to make some money if they want to keep doing games.

And devs like Nimblebit are an example of how to make games with iap that are well balanced and respectful with players.

Incredibly, games that make most money are really extortive and awefully balanced (or just plainful designed to get money from "whales" -we're looking at you, Candy Crush).

So, tl-dr: shut up! Stop saying stupid things and learn how things work before making a fool of yourself in public.

19. Andrwsc

Andrwsc Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Will do, thanks! I've mentioned it several times in the TA Pocket Planes thread, but that's easy to miss in the thousands of messages there...

20. Macs96qaz

Macs96qaz Active Member

Nov 14, 2012
    Canada
    50 items is for outgoing cargo.
    75 items is for incoming cargo.

I've had both all throughout my levels.