Universal Pocket Trains - (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 25, 2013.

1. RoboBoto

RoboBoto Well-Known Member

May 1, 2012
    You don't need to claim the track all the way to to E, only to D and drop it in the yard. Line 2 can pick it up and take it to E, claim track D-E next time it comes back. I do this if its a big bux or crate, costs a few coins but usually worth it.

Little complexities like this are one of things I love about Pocket Trains.

2. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    #942 Neehan, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
    I too am looking for some basic strategic advice. Long lines vs short lines, where to exand first, etc... Any pros want to share? I've read many pages of this thread and have found some good stuff, just wanting more.

3. Flysher

Flysher Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    First post in this forum, long time PP player and level 7 now in PT.

Loving the game so far! Missing a few things that were left out from PP but overall its a great game that I see myself playing for a little while.

Only major complaint I have so far is trains breaking - logged in this morning to 4 trains being down, at a little over 4,000 coins out of pocket to fix. So much for the money I spent all night earning!

I see the problem being less of an issue later when I have parts hoarded, but for a low level player it makes it a struggle sometimes. I realize it's the only real 'penalty' in the game, but perhaps the cost of repairs could vary a bit more. 1,000+ coins for a headlight? C'mon!!! :D

4. Tactics

Tactics Member

Feb 21, 2013
    When reorganizing line layouts, is there a way to unclaim one segment at a time? Seems kind of backwards to have to shutdown the whole line when all I want to do is give one segment to another train.

5. aelesia

aelesia Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Just go to your new train, enter the jobs menu, and tap over the line you want to claim.

6. Flysher

Flysher Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Another neat little feature I just noticed - cities that have layovers have a bigger 'dot' than those that do not on the map.

For a while I was have to go to each city on the map to make sure I wasn't missing layovers, only to find there were none. Then I realized that they show us already, subtle as it is :)

7. cretpetpet

cretpetpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Ostia
    there is a option for switch segment, just bring your train next to the segment and tap on it.

8. Tactics

Tactics Member

Feb 21, 2013

Got it! This is really useful!

9. cretpetpet

Jul 9, 2011
    Ostia
    My blue train is the San Juan standard. 24 job, 1980 fuel. Capable of going from honolulu to yakutsk :)

but i found the freighter to be more powerful noW, gonna farm some freighter.

10. elethana

elethana Member

Jan 11, 2013
    Sonoran Desert
    Today's event requires 75 safari cars delivered to one city. Is this because I'm now level 10, or did everyone get the increase?

Still openings for charity engine parts 3HN9 ...

11. wedge598

wedge598 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2013
    There are two types of Events:

A. Deliver cargo to a city requires 75 deliveries
    B. Ship cargo from a city requires 50 deliveries.

12. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Usually deliveries to one city are 75 and deliveries from a city are 50.

I decided to give the game another try after wasting all my money expanding to the US but not getting enough train parts through the gambling system to get a train capable of making the crossing. Anyway, getting more cities in the US has been relatively easy and when I get a train I'm going to have a nice stockyard. I already have one small cargo with 45 bux. Anyway, I'm scrambling to build up another nest egg so I can expand through the US and eventually get Asia.

13. wedge598

wedge598 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2013
    I'm up to level 11 now and I think I've found a strategy that might be worth trying regarding the special crates.

I believe that the reward from all crates is calculated based on your level. At lower levels you are more likely to be rewarded steam engines and at higher levels you are a more likely to receive better engines.

Since Special crates are so rare and I've got enough of the Carbon Steamer to choke a horse I'm holding all my special crates to open them much later on when I'm at a much higher level.

I'm using a similar strategy for the regular crates and only opening a few after I level up.

Only open the crates to get enough for your starter trains and then start saving them for special occasions.

14. aelesia

aelesia Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Can you post the base stats as well as the max engines & fuel cars for the freighters?

15. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    I'm going on an international trip tomorrow and have two questions:

First, any trouble with the new patch or should I download it?

Second, if my phone is totally offline (airplane mode) will Pocket Trains still work?

Thanks, sorry for newbie tech questions!

16. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    2. It does still work.

17. cretpetpet

Jul 9, 2011
    Ostia
    Delaware freighter: 28 jobs, 2640 fuel, but sadly speed only 56,

i say it is strong because it fit my need, more haul less speed :D

there are other freighter but they trade fuel for speed. this one i like.

PS: looking for delaware freighter, will offer full train for its part :eek:

code: 1SRK

18. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Thanks!

19. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Got full station on Europe, planing to explore another continent, should go for N.America or Asia?

20. cretpetpet

Jul 9, 2011
    Ostia
    i say asia, cross atlantic is too tiresome.