Universal Pocket Trains - (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 25, 2013.

1. CzechCongo

CzechCongo Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Thanks - good to know I'm not completely nuts. ;)

cathy. posted a world map a few pages back. Here's the link:
    http://i.imgur.com/q9SeBpr.png

I've just been hanging out in Europe making bux (and coins...300k now) and waiting for good train parts. Soon I'll be moving into Asia via Baghdad.

2. meowr

meowr Active Member

Nov 4, 2011
    I'm on an Android phone, and I've been gifting a few times with iOS people.
    I've found it to be hit and miss.
    Sometimes the parts went through just fine.

Sometimes it would say "you got XXX train part from YYYY (code)".
    But after clicking the message away, the part isn't in the train yard.

Sucks because I was sending some Rio parts. Which wastes not only the part, but 10 bux to transfer.

I'm kind of weary to send parts now, because sometimes it would go through, sometimes it wouldn't.

3. Andrwsc

Andrwsc Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Presto! That fixed it, thanks Tim. I got the parts from both iOS and Android.

4. ElkhoundsRock

ElkhoundsRock Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Hockey
    Canada
    No bux jobs are appearing :( this is very frustrating!

5. Mdaymond

Mdaymond Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Is Cathy about? That map is readable, but still particularly small...

6. cretpetpet

cretpetpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Ostia
    how to post high res pic?
    i finished my map. i try posting it on photobucket but when download back the img become blurred. i see the original picture super clear. Why?

7. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Hey guys, I'm about to finish my daily event. Considering it spawned 6!! Cities away from my network I didn't think I would ever make it (I had bought lines down to Oceania to map the network and naturally the event spawned at the end of the line)

However due to a plucky vanilla steamer, with no fuel car (the worst train in the game?!) I was able to deliver 75 cars to kupang. It wasn't a short journey, but it wasn't a long one either.... 5 minutes by steamer to the nearest city.

I'm sure the only reason I accomplished this was due to it being an event for inbound freight. If I had to rely on kupang providing me 50 outbound freight to its neighbour I'm sure I would have failed.

8. yamfun

yamfun Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Well, when a special crate appear at station for sale, is the cost fixed?
    Is the cost like, 14k? So the event is worth 14k plus the bux?

Don't spend more than that trying to open new line or speed up for the event.

9. cretpetpet

Jul 9, 2011
    Ostia
    #929 cretpetpet, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  10. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    That picture is so big it breaks my page! Not that I'm complaining as it's got all the detail I need

11. yamfun

yamfun Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Currently, some jobs are spawned such that you have no way to deliver it unless you claim lines over your existing lines.
    e.g.
    Line 1 A<->B<->C
    Line 2 C<->D<->E
    If train of line 1 reach C, causing the job list to spawn a job towards E.
    Then there is no way to pass it to Line 2 because non-layovered job is not shared and you can't layover at the place of origin.
    Either I have to claim tracks for line 1 all the way to E, or I have to move it to maybe B or A, then hope there is a third line that goes from B or A to D or E.

Hope dev would do something about it. The best thing would be place of origin layover.

12. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    In my European system I have secondary hubs specifically to combat this 'place of origin layover' problem. I don't know how well this would work on other continents with less complicated systems

13. ElkhoundsRock

Jul 20, 2012
    Hockey
    Canada
    Finally an event not in Barcelona. It's in Amsterdam this time. (Already owned city)

14. ElkhoundsRock

Jul 20, 2012
    Hockey
    Canada
    And btw that world map helped a lot. Finally a bigger one. Lol

15. griff08

griff08 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    if i attached an extra engine to a train, can i take it out again and use it as a separate train?

16. cretpetpet

Jul 9, 2011
    Ostia
    Too bad, no :/

17. aelesia

aelesia Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Swap out the engine and both engines get detached.

18. aelesia

aelesia Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2013
    I decided to just f*ck it and not bother about those jobs. A single hub like Paris serves 5 different lines for me. I'm not going to make 5 more hubs and make things way more troublesome by having to manage 6 hubs instead of just 1 hub.

19. magmabullet

magmabullet New Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Hey everyone! Been reading the posts by the community since PP and decided to join when PT came around.

Just a few questions, which level do different train parts start to appear from crates? I'm only level 6 and managed to get steamer parts so far...
    One cannot upgrade the capacity of a train, can he?
    I plan to expand southwards from Barcelona and Istanbul when I do complete trains capable of greater capacity and distance. Any advice for specific places to avoid/head for?

20. jdrawmer

jdrawmer Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    How's everyone doing? Anybody got any good strategies going on?

I currently have 10 lines, all in Europe and touching into Asia. I have every European line except Reykjavik. Basically interlocking lines, (typically fairly straight lines), but no real strategy.

Basically picking up bux and crates from one place, regardless of their destination, and drop off at the next most convenient place to be picked up by another line.

It seems to work fine but I'm sure there's way better strategies out there. Expanding will be a problem for me!