Universal Pocket Trains - (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Mdaymond

Mdaymond Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Why are you moaning?!

Here you've explained how you don't appreciate the game, nor respect that the developers worked hard on it and should be rewarded. You've also tried to assert some sort of weird 'better than you' stance in mentioning you're studying computer science at uni, which nobody here particularly cares about - you're just a screen name. Given the nature of your course though, you no doubt will be writing lines and lines of code, constructing simple programs and mini games for assignments. You'll also be studying algorithms and mathematics, so you can likely count. Which is why I REALLY don't get why you can't appreciate that real people developed Pocket Planes and earn real life money from it, and you were disrupting it for some 'feel good fuzziness' kick by distributing hacked parts.

Oh, that's right. You're a student, typically immature. And I've got a networking, PC engineering and L3 computer studies qualifications (that I've never actually used), so don't need to PM you but thank's for the offer.

There isn't an official break down of stats like I've shown, I just screen shot the games 'stats' screen before and after the hour, then compared the two sets of figures :)

2. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Do we know anything about the odds of getting different cars at different levels? I was opening crates like mad and getting expresses and some standards, but all of a sudden I feel like I'm only getting steamers again, which is disappointing.

3. Unstablefan

Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    NimbleBit is famous for designing balance without IAP and only adding IAP afterwards.

4. blazscorp

blazscorp New Member

Sep 30, 2013
    I kind of gotten better at the game (level 7, still learning ) and I have acquired better trains, carbon, mallards and was wondering how to replace my default steamers with them. Do you have to shut down the line or something?

5. Macs96qaz

Macs96qaz Active Member

Nov 14, 2012
    Canada
    When your train is stopped at a station click "Train" then "Swap Engine".

6. blahblahblahetc

blahblahblahetc New Member

Sep 1, 2013
    Yesterday, I got sent a few parts, and that seemed to work as a first fix. Now I am back begging for more. :)

If anyone has Mallard or above parts to spare, I would be very greatful: B2ZF

Also, if anyone wants random color steamer parts, happy to send.

7. Mdaymond

Mdaymond Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    #887 Mdaymond, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
    How can they have success if people are getting parts for free from all the hacking? It discourages in app purchases as people won't strive to play the game to unlock those parts, therefore causing less interest in purchasing things to advance within the normal parameters of the game. Nimblebits games can be played without purchasing anything whatsoever, if a player is patient enough and enjoys the game for what it is. They've balanced this exceedingly well too.

Even if the game cost money to buy, I don't think it would stop anyone who currently hacks now from hacking then. It's just a cop out to try and justify hurting a developers work.

Head on over to the trading thread, solely for trading purposes! :)

8. Ooh Shiny

Ooh Shiny Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    I've heard a lot of people saying the NA-Lisbon route isn't worth it and that Russia is a wasteland. What routes have worked well for people and allowed them to move forward in the game at a good pace?

9. Macs96qaz

Macs96qaz Active Member

Nov 14, 2012
    Canada
    Good routes are through middle-eastern countries/south asia.

I still consider NY-Lisbon a good route, if you are prepared to wait for a couple of days. It is one of the straightest route providing the most gold/time and it allows you to walk away from the game for 20 minutes (and while you are asleep/at work) and still make a profit.

10. blazscorp

blazscorp New Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Heard South Asia was good

11. Unstablefan

Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    As soon as I complained I got two expresses and then a standard, so I guess random number generator is random.

12. Rainbow Whang

Rainbow Whang Active Member

Sep 21, 2013
    San Diego
    Hey I would love some steamer parts! What do you have?

13. SuperPenguin17

SuperPenguin17 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2013
    Having trouble gifting right now... Anyone else having problems?

14. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    I've found the cash rewards from the Middle East local cluster to be lacking. The real money is moving cars out of, or into, that area. The Indian cluster seems a bit more profitable, and the rewards for moving cars into the area from Europe frequently top $300 per car. I'm getting cars at $400+ for Indonesia, but I don't have a system for getting the cars there yet without having to do 6 changes

15. Ooh Shiny

Ooh Shiny Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Has anyone tried expanding to South Africa?

16. yamfun

yamfun Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Isn't the rewards in each tier simply proportional to shortest railroad distance?
    Do some area get more 4-coins-tier jobs in/out?

17. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    How can I play the game at beginning?

18. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Some of u guys been getting big bux I mean I am rolling in the gold but not much bux. Why

19. rewyan

rewyan Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Ok, thanks. So I'm seeing that having straight routes is the best idea. I was doing triangles, but I guess straight routes are better because you can intersect other railroads. And I don't make nearly as much per hour, I make around 20,000 coins and 150 Bux during a full hour, and my place is a bit bigger than yours when you took that picture.

20. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    I'm just speculating based on a feeling. I feel like the jobs within the Middle East don't pay well. Perhaps it's because the Amman to Riyadh route is surprisingly long, or perhaps there is a 'as the crow flies' calculation of distance that gimps the rewards in this C shaped section of track