Universal Pocket Trains - (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 25, 2013.

1. JTay

JTay Member

Sep 29, 2013
    TheBulletMan, got any extras laying around? I'll take any and every part you don't want :) Code N8GD

2. Poetachica

Poetachica Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Somewhere in the TARDIS.
    #862 Poetachica, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
    Now I'm up to 7 breakdowns today.

Surely, this cannot be bad luck, or how the game is to be. It's quite discouraging when you're scavenging for coins, and/or finally got a nice bankroll saved up and it happens across multiple trains. :(

You know, if Nimblebit got rid of this feature or made it a once in a very blue moon feature, I wouldn't be mad at them. :cool:

Right now, I just have the trains that hold 8 cargo, one 12 cargo, and a whole lotta parts to other stuff.

My gift code is L0kz. That's a zero. I knew I got that wrong. I am redoing my rail lines foR efficiency. WoRking great now.

3. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    Breakdowns occur based on the distance travelled. So the more you run a train the more often it will break.

Also 1.0.3 should be available soon which should address some iCloud and crashing issues.

4. Churchill92

Churchill92 Active Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Thank god on the icloud issue. I found that my ipad4 with ios 7.0.2 does not show PT as being sble to sync with icloud. Iphone5 no problem and same os.

I went under my icloud stirage and looked to see what apps are sync'n and PT was not amongst them.

Will this be fixed with 1.0.3?

5. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    As the game keeps each train mileage data, would it be possible to have a train stats page as the "Logs" one for planes in PP?
    :D

6. ElkhoundsRock

ElkhoundsRock Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Hockey
    Canada
    Pocket trains has just been updated!!!!!!!!!

7. Churchill92

Churchill92 Active Member

Aug 8, 2013
    #867 Churchill92, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
    I updated. Still not seeing icloud save/sync with pocket trains :(.

I deleted my backups, started new backup, restarted pocketbtrains.

Ive turned on/off icloud sync. This sux.

Edit: i downloaded a fresh copy on my iphone going to give it 10 min to see if it pulls in data from ipad

8. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Today's exchange rate: 187 per bux. Nasty.
    Oh well, I guess today will be a bux saving-up day.
    I'm halfway to level 11 now, so I don't want to open any crates before then - I'm hoping for fewer Steamers!
    Also, my daily event is in Harare. Does it pick the most unhelpful location deliberately? At least I was planning to build down to there soon! The carriages for this event look cool - Safari

9. bnewman

bnewman Member

Oct 20, 2012
    TheBulletMan, if you still have extra parts I could use some. Code 1XSH. I'm still early on, so the Expresses are the best I can get really.

10. applepill

applepill Member

Sep 29, 2013
    To all you people PLEASE expand to Asia instead of N/A it costs 120000+ coins to expand and if you expand to the Middle East, most of the shipments you'll get is oil so tons of cash flow right there. ALSO Don't expand through Russia it's much better to expand through Kabul or Karachi so you don't pass barren wasteland and gain less money through Ürmiqi

11. Macs96qaz

Macs96qaz Active Member

Nov 14, 2012
    Canada
    Why are you urging us, you can suggest it but PLEASE don't say "PLEASE go through Asia!" It's really annoying, like if we were doing something wrong.

I went through NA and am loving it, 7k+ per cross-antlantic trip, it's really worth it, but only if you don't mind a few days of saving up and relatively boring gameplay...

12. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    I don't know what happened to my stats yesterday! I know I spent a lot of money for no immediate gain when I expanded into India and Indonesia, but considering I played all day I'm amazed at such a shocking dip in my stats chart

Attached Files:

13. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #873 ste86uk, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
    I've saved a pile of cash but could be making a whole lot more if I invest it back in. Going to have to redo some of my train lines as some don't seem very efficient as I have to go back on myself for some parts.

The advice with Asia seems good but won't I need to buy Africa to get there instead of through Russia?

1TSR if you can spare anything to help, I have express parts to spare. I have only just found my first dragons breath part and would like at least 1 train in my collection.

14. Zenfar

Zenfar Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Male
    Developer
    http://www.zenfar.com
    NimbleBit

Amazing game, love how the graphic style has evolved to allow some blurred backgrounds and smoke particle system, enjoying this one on the iPad.

15. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Rather than brave the harsh Russian winter, you can instead get to Baghdad via Istanbul, and you can get to Tehran via Volgograd

16. rewyan

rewyan Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2013
    I have a feeling that they banned your IP address from gifting parts, not just your device.

17. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Hoe to earn bux? Damn I have gold but no bux not enough to uncrate my many many crates

18. Mdaymond

Mdaymond Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    #878 Mdaymond, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
    Check out my strategy for Europe. Maximum profits pretty much requires you to always be playing, but that's good if you like to get into the game. After just over an hour, all trains are out of fuel, but here are the numbers from start to finish in that hour;

Miles----Cars----Crates----Bux-----Coins
    59,245---5,245----214-------2,275----125,137
    65,026---5,748----230-------2,515----150,528
    +5,781--+483---+16-------+240----+25,391
    (sorry if this table looks poor for anyone, I mimicked spacing!)

So 240 bux and 25,000 coins per hour isn't bad at all! That pretty much pays for the building of the Lisbon > New York line. 2 hours would buy me a license! I'd be really interested in seeing others stats. I mean, I think I'm doing alright but there isn't really a way to compare... :rolleyes: Also, I had 3 breakdowns of trains during the hour.

Ah, 700 fuel on that Daylight! lol. Global Express would be quite suiting... going across the globe n' all :D You really need the extra engine for the capacity though if you're thinking of doing that... 8 just isn't enough! Compared to using the Daylight now (which would have +40 more fuel than your Express engine with fuel car), it wouldn't be worth the extra waiting time when the Daylight can take +10 cars.

My event tomorrow (now today) is Madrid which is ideal if I want to open up North America! I'll probably do that later :p

It MAY just be me, but if I crack open a crate and it's a steamer, I exit the menu and come back in before continuing opening crates. It would seem that this always lands me better parts again, whereas continuing after getting a steamer part results in more steamer parts as you do the whole 'maybe next one' routine! And again, it may just be me but it seems that having your best train selected in the game results in better parts when opening crates too.... lol. Just a hazy observation!

Naaah, I suspect Nimblebit don't like people hacking their game :p lol

The new criteria isn't really new, it's actually all old criteria. Basically, you have to not cheat / hack a game, plus not expect to be left alone when you do! Don't pretend like you don't know what's happening Mr. Scorpion008... they're watchiiinggg yooouuu....

19. elethana

elethana Member

Jan 11, 2013
    Sonoran Desert
    Look in the jobs page for cars that have bux for delivery. These will provide plenty of bux once you have a number of stations. Also, you don't have to open all the crates, usualy lack of coins will keep the need for new engines down

20. yamfun

yamfun Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    wat, where can I check a breakdown of the stat?