Universal Pocket Trains - (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 25, 2013.

1. kapshin

kapshin Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    KC, MO
    Notification Center in your device settings.

2. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Settings -> Notifications
    That's the Settings App, not in Pocket Trains.

3. SuperPenguin17

SuperPenguin17 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2013
    Does anyone know where a list of all the trains is?

4. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    I think it's a work in progress: http://www.pockettrainswiki.com/wiki/Trains

My turn with a question - is there any logic as to how the jobs are listed? In Pocket Planes, they were listed in order of distance (farthest/most expensive to closest/cheapest).

5. Churchill92

Churchill92 Active Member

Aug 8, 2013
    It's not alphabetical, it looks utterly random to me. At least the jobs that are related to the same city are stacked next to each other. A simple flick up and down and you can get the full list.

6. CzechCongo

CzechCongo Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Your opinion. In mine, it would be a nice option to have. You see, I don't just want to see which stations have stock in the yard; almost all of mine do. What I want is a quicker way to be able to see in detail what is where, and be able to scroll between stations with arrows would do that.

7. CzechCongo

CzechCongo Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    They are ordered by as-the-crow-flies distance, I think. Farthest at the top, closest at the bottom.

8. Seiza616

Seiza616 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    How do you turn off that annoying ringing notification?

9. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    You've already got two answers to that, scroll up ^

10. Soar2344

Soar2344 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    My map so far I think I'm going to set up another line to start at Munich to Amsterdam to Copenhagen and then let it have the left of the 3 lines up there.

Attached Files:

11. myphone

myphone Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Can't sync my Game bettween iPhone and iPad.
    Can some one help me?

12. myphone

myphone Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Can't Sync my Game bettween iPhone and iPad.
    Can some one help me?

13. lewishenson

lewishenson Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Well I've gone for the NA route from Europe. The cost of opening the line and claiming it made me think I should have gone Iceland and then maybe Asia first but too late now. Takes forever to refuel after the journey under the pond unfortunately.

14. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Sorry you have to wait till update. iCloud is bugged in this one.

15. Mdaymond

Mdaymond Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Sorry.... MEGA post here! Pages / replies build up so fast at the moment!!!

Ah okay, not quite as long as I thought it might have been! And it seems from other peoples posts (ElkhoundsRock) that if you leave that event, it stays there until you do it...? (anyone confirm?)

It may appear that way when you first use it compared to the 50mph slower steamers. As someone else said though, twice as fast means you'll notice the fuel being used up more. Add a fuel car when you can, it helps :)

I'm personally staying in Europe until I have the Rio Grande (orange train) built. It has a base capacity of 600 fuel, up-gradable to 1200 with 1 fuel car which I'll also have built. It has a base capacity of 12 cars, up-gradable to 24 with an additional 2 engine, which I'd save up for in time. Once I have 1 engine and 1 fuel car though, I'll look to use it on the Lisbon > New York line :)

You're welcome Shiny! Just sharing what I'm doing really, it's a bonus if it helps people out :)

If you can't decide, use a high profit setup like the one I'm using in Europe. Look at every one else's expansions and see where you'd like to go. Whilst you're deciding, build long distance trains. One tip I'd say is to stock pile crates and only open them if you really need a new train... when you open crates in later levels, it'll give you better parts for better trains so save them for that :cool:

I think expanding anywhere is expensive - expanding to North America first will cost about 20-30,000 more coins, but it's only what you'd spend expanding into any other continent. I'm also enjoying the earlier days of Pocket Trains - a nice sense of achievement when you run that brand new train on that brand new line that you've planned and worked your whole network around :D

And thanks for the stats! Always interesting to compare with :)

My idea also, I miss Global Events. But I think 50 is too limited, it would need to be in the hundreds. Maybe some sort of weighting system could be introduced though? Who knows!

Here's my Europe Strategy, and if you go to that page and scroll down, others have posted what they're doing too :p Everyone else feel free to post and share your strategies too!!!

Iceland is definitely a good choice before expanding outside of Europe! What train are you using on your Lisbon > New York route may I ask? Any fuel cars attached?

16. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Now I'm thinking of building to Beijing later on. For now, Volgograd-Urumqi-Chengdu, with a new line running from Tehran to Chengdu with stops en route.

17. rewyan

rewyan Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Can anyone post an efficient railroad system in Europe? I don't think mine is very good at all.

18. lewishenson

Dec 17, 2012
    I'm using a Daylight with no fuel car. I think I might hold off on the NA expansion (just have NY) until I've got a bit more money from Europe including Iceland. I've got a Global Express with fuel car waiting for NA though so could be tempted to put that into service.

TBH tomorrow's event will probably make my mind up for me. I don't want to buy a new city tonight incase tomorrow's event is the city after that one (if that makes sense).

19. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    I'm trying to scrape together every crate and bux that I can get, to get a train to work my event as I sell the steamers I get as I assumed I would never use one again. I bust open crate after crate getting parts for the 'standard' class of train, but I'm not even close to finishing one.

I finally get all the parts for a train and..... It's a vanilla steamer. Here's hoping that the next 13 hours are enough for this plucky little train to finish the event on its own!

20. lewishenson

Dec 17, 2012
    15FVS (hope I got that right) - thanks for the bullet parts. Whoever you are.