Universal Pocket Trains - (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Errybodyshero

Errybodyshero New Member

Sep 29, 2013
    If anyone has any spare metro or national express parts that would be greatly appreciated.
    Code: 1905

2. Leonick

Leonick Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Well the longer a job has to go the more you get for it, in general. Jobs with a long distance requires less management as well. On the other hand, if you spend a lot of time managing it I can see short routes being pretty effective as well.

My Lisbon <-> New York route is pretty profitable, but it also cost a lot to set up, building and claiming it is pretty darn expensive.

3. Macs96qaz

Macs96qaz Active Member

Nov 14, 2012
    Canada
    If you have any mallard, daylight or express parts left Scorpion, you will be rewarded with a rio!

What a deal!

4. CocoPops50

CocoPops50 Member

Jan 12, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Oh how much I don't love you right now! ;)

5. CocoPops50

CocoPops50 Member

Jan 12, 2013
    United Kingdom
    I can give you 4 Mallard or 4 Daylight!

6. Macs96qaz

Macs96qaz Active Member

Nov 14, 2012
    Canada
    Part,

4KKZ

Whoever comes with the best offer... If I find extra parts they will also be included as gifts (Unlikely to find more though)

7. Errybodyshero

Errybodyshero New Member

Sep 29, 2013
    It may be 19o5?

8. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Thanks to today's rate being posted early I cashed out 400 or so Bux. I'm already back upto 500+ Bux and have over 146,000 gold. No IAP or hacking. Just grinding 9 railroads.

Other stats, I've not opened a crate since yesterday and have 53 regular and 4 special crates. Also traveled nearly 70,000 miles and delivered nearly 7000 cars. Oh and I'm sitting at level 11.

I'm tempted to expand into the USA. But I'm enjoying just Europe And the game is already a micromanagement grinding nightmare. I think expanding may make me want to give up. Still,
    I want to expand.

9. xinn3r

xinn3r Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Hey, just sent you some gila standard part.
    I still need some mallard parts if you got some. Code is 17R8! Thx!

10. pillzhereish

pillzhereish Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Student
    #690 pillzhereish, Sep 29, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
    WOAH major bug alert!

When I have a bunch of bux cars rolling around and I quit the game (my 3GS just kills the app when I open the lightest of apps), when I return to the game an I'm supposed to have earned 17 bux, I only got 7 bux, the other 10 vanished.

And it's not the only time this happened. Can anyone relate to that?

EDIT: I had like 50 bux, got back in the game and levelled up, earned 30 bux in the process but check this: I end up with 32 bux total...
    I'm so desperate...

11. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    I guess once you've expanded, you'll have to cut a lot of the European micromanaging.

I'm not there yet, just opened Asia, but the rest of the map looks gigantic compared to our small and cosy steamer ready European operations :)

There's a reason why you don't choose where you start! You need faster and more fuel heavy trains elsewhere.
    Compared to PP, they've cut almost all of the less than 2.5 million inhabitants agglomerations, leaving only a few clusters of intertwined cities separated by huge chunks of almost empty areas :)

12. xinn3r

xinn3r Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Alright, sent a gila part to you, read it just in time.

13. applepill

applepill Member

Sep 29, 2013
    I'm wondering which liscense to buy: Asia or N.A. Also, how much money does it cost for the trans Atlantic route (Iceland to Greenland)

Also,

If anybody has any of the following:
    -Any of the expresses
    -Mallards
    -Daylights

Please donate them to me! My gift code is 904W
    All help is appreachiated!
    I will be able to give you steamers and maybe metro expresses!

14. rickcb22

rickcb22 Member

Nov 4, 2012
    UK
    Thank the lord! Thought it was just me having sync problems. :(

15. applepill

applepill Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Yea I did. Thank you very much!

16. lewishenson

lewishenson Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Got my parts thanks.

17. Mdaymond

Mdaymond Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    #697 Mdaymond, Sep 29, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
    Exxxxxaccctllly. This is my most profitable line at the moment with Paris having a healthy 95 layover capacity to distribute everything throughout Europe, half of which is Reykjavik and Glasgow. Toying with the idea of opening up N.A. next, profits should pay off the line after 5 or so hours of play I figured.
    I have a train for it and Europe is set up perfectly (I think) for receiving / sending transatlantic cars. It's also what I did in Pocket Planes. For some reason, Asia just doesn't appeal to me, it seems boring. Interested to see what the Oceania line layout looks like - I wouldn't mind a 'second Europe' to be honest!

No need to reboot - just force close the app?

Ahhhhh, WELCOME FAYE!!! :) Well done on finally managing the software upgrades! My one tip for early levels would be to take care with the spending of coins, they're a precious commodity in this game. Hoard bux like there's no tomorrow too, I even prioritize them over crate jobs - soon enough you'll have a zillion crates to open and nowhere near enough bux, plus bux exchanges can come in handy if you're low on coins or just pushing the expansion. Also stick to the steamers and add fuel cars as and when you do open up crates - don't add faster engines until you have fuel cars for those two - you'll run out of fuel on the fast trains and that'll hold up your steamers (especially if you've added steamer fuel cars) and the whole network becomes bogged. As for station upgrades, absolutely worth it - Paris > Milan > Munich are my top three upgraded stations, but these are just things I found useful. Levels 5-7 seemed a strain to me but it picked up again. Alllll depends how you play of course, these tips may be rubbish :p

And no, it's not your imagination regarding the app. It is less responsive!

So, welcome to Pocket Trains!

Perhaps this is the end of Scorpion008! Maybe Nimblebit have caught up with him! :rolleyes:
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

============ NOT THE TRADE FORUM PEOPLE, YOU'RE ON THE WRONG LINE!!!=================
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Edit: Oh, appears not! Just a temporary issue!

And I have to agree with Faye, Lorena, Vicsark, etc.

Please take trade requests over to the dedicated trading thread found here;

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=205055

This thread is for tips / hints / strategies / etc.

Scorpion, as you're a major trader in this game, perhaps lead by example? :)

18. rickcb22

rickcb22 Member

Nov 4, 2012
    UK
    I'd be very grateful for anything you can spare for the Daylight or Century Limited steamers, please. Haven't got a complete one of either yet. Thanks in advance.

My code: 18B6

19. rickcb22

rickcb22 Member

Nov 4, 2012
    UK
    I wish NimbleBit would allow us to name lines instead of just trains. I'd love to recreate some of the classic train lines of the past like the Orient Express.

20. applepill

applepill Member

Sep 29, 2013
    I'm sorry to ask again but does anybody have a regional express fuel car parts? I'd prefer a full set but parts are okay too!

My code is 904W

I'd be happy to give you some vanilla, emerald or dragon breath parts. Thanks in advance!