Universal Pocket Trains - (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 25, 2013.

1. kutsaratinidor

kutsaratinidor New Member

Sep 26, 2013
    Already got the game since midnight, enjoying the feel so far, haven't encountered broken trains yet.

2. Soar2344

Soar2344 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    So we going to start another toucharcade crew?

3. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    I had 2 'breakdowns' and in both situations it would have been cheaper to build a new train with my parts, then sell it. I could use that cash towards the repairs and have plenty of spare change.

4. SuperPenguin17

SuperPenguin17 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2013
    I found it. Only by going to nimble it website and redirecting myself to the App Store. Just became available at the top of the hour in America.

5. Ramaz1234

Ramaz1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Pocket trains is now out in us diwnloading now

6. dwerny

dwerny Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Listen to that bell!!!!!!!

7. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Male
    NJ
    Not appearing for me in US App Store yet on my iPhone, going to try searching itunes.

8. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    First time I heard the notification sound I thought the tsunami alarm was going off. That sound alert got turned off pronto

9. Leeabe51

Leeabe51 Member

May 27, 2013
    Played for 5 minutes, just a repeat of the other games with different graphics. Nothing new, nothing interesting. After the first, unasked for, notification center alarm it got deleted.

10. JediOne

JediOne Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Sydney, Australia
    Not true - I've been playing this for the past week on my Android tablet (in Australia); I'm currently lvl 10 and I'm still getting steamer parts from the crates.

11. JediOne

JediOne Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Sydney, Australia
    Getting a license is only half the problem - you'll still need to open up a city in the continent to be able to deliver cargo there...

I've been playing this on my Android tablet for the past week (in Australia) - for example, the cost to create a railroad from Lisbon to New York is $56K, more than the cost for the license...

12. shlem90

shlem90 New Member

Nov 6, 2012
    There is actually plenty different. I wouldn't say I've played long enough to say it's better, but I guess that means I should probably put a little more time into it before deciding if it's worth my time and money like Pocket Planes was. But you know, that's just me.

13. Cirnol

Cirnol Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Is it worth upgrading to iOS 6 to play this game?

I LOVED Tiny Tower; one of my first iOS games when I got my iPod like 2 years ago.

Pocket Planes was cool, it didn't grab my interest as much though.

Still unsure how this one varies.

(And hopefully, now that this is out, they will go back to Nimble Quest)

14. nao

nao Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    After uncrating I have two options, an engine and a steamer fuel car. I built a fuel car but what is it for?

15. AshleyTheNeko

AshleyTheNeko Member

Jun 10, 2013
    You need an engine of the same color to be able to use the fuel car. The fuel car adds to the maximum fuel capacity.

16. CzechCongo

CzechCongo Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Liking this one so far, after playing for about an hour. Pixel graphics are there, of course, but they've added nice touches like realistic smoke and fuzzy backgrounds. Pleasant, unobtrusive music. Same but different mechanics as other nimblebit games; looking forward to figuring them out over the next couple days and then maybe starting over. Timers and premium currency are there as in their other games, but again, as in other NB games, it seems well balanced enough that I'll wait/grind when needed rather than deleting due to craptastic paywalls and the like that we see from other games.

17. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Just downloaded it and enjoy.

18. nao

nao Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Thanks, although I regret my decision. Need more trains!

19. Ramaz1234

Ramaz1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Hmmm been playing this for alittoe bit but I'm not ready to give a star review yet but I gotta say... This could be the first NB game not to get 5 stars :(

20. themostunclean

themostunclean Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Most of the time they ask if you want to receive notifications. Can't remember if PT did, but it's not exactly difficult to turn them off.

If you just didn't like it then I can understand that, but notifications aren't a legitimate reason for deletion (just my opinion).

So many people act like it's some kind of heinous violation of their privacy, meanwhile the phone they're playing it on is tracking their every movement.