Universal Pocket Trains - (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 25, 2013.

1. aelesia

aelesia Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Go to your train when it's at a station and click on the "TRAIN" button. There will be an option to add a fuel car.

2. Nalazoo

Nalazoo Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2012
    Close To My Heart Consultant
    Bug: Crashes iPhone

I'm playing PT on an iPhone 4 running iOS 6.1.3 - I've had the game crash and send my iPhone to the Apple start screen at least three times - the screen where you see a black background with a white apple on it. I've been trying to catch exactly when this is happening. It appears that it is somehow connected with one of the railroad messages that pops up - one with choice buttons; however, since it flashes and then immediately goes to the Apple on the screen, it's hard to read it.

I've completely shut down my iPhone and restarted. It happened again. I've force quit the game, restarted the iPhone. It happened again. I'm at level 6 with four train lines set up.

3. Tactics

Tactics Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Careful with that though. Last time I made a fuel car, it made an engine instead.

4. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    Pretty addicting game - some similar concepts to PP, yet different in so many other ways!

I think there might be a bug with the Daily Event - or I am doing it wrong. It's around 11:10pm local time and my event is in Rome. Even after delivering multiple jobs there, the counter is stuck at 43/50, as if the event is no longer in effect!

All of the current Rome jobs seem very random now. Am I supposed to deliver a specific type of Rome job? Looks like I may fall short in completing my first event... :(

P.S. Nice to see some of the old PP regulars posting frequently in this thread now. :)

Attached Files:

5. yamfun

yamfun Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Yes, specific, the car that is shown in the image

6. SpudWreck

SpudWreck Active Member

Jul 15, 2012
    You have to deliver disco cars, and i think you can deliver them to any city

7. cretpetpet

cretpetpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Ostia
    i got a question, what do we get if we add more engine or more fuel cars to a train?

8. aelesia

aelesia Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Engines give you 50% more load capacity. Fuel cars give you 100% more fuel.

9. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    Ahh ok I get it now! I was delivering jobs TO Rome. Turns out this is what you'd call an "outgoing" jobs event.

Thanks!

10. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Why is there exclamation mark on Rome ?

11. callme_jc

callme_jc Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2012
    I didn't mind so much when Pocket Planes had events in cities I didn't "own", but I really don't think PT should do the same. Today's random event for me is in Reykjavik, which I didn't even have a line to. Cue a spend of roughly 30,000 coins building and claiming the line. I don't think I'll manage the required 50 cars today.

Random observation: I really, really love the split map/jobs screen and think Pocket Planes should get one too in the next update.

12. AcideEthanoique

Sep 28, 2013
    #512 AcideEthanoique, Sep 29, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
    Wow ! I didn't think Asia was organised this way.
    I'm buying a license right now, and was planning buying the Asian one... What would you advice me ?

Moscow and Novosibirsk look like better Hubs than Volgograd and Urumqi as I was expecting...

13. nao

nao Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Does one have to be logged in to gamecenter to be able to receive/send parts?

14. boomerkidd

boomerkidd Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Exclamation marks represent an event that is going on at that city.

15. AcideEthanoique

Sep 28, 2013
    #515 AcideEthanoique, Sep 29, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
    IMG_0383.PNG

Got all these parts to trade ! I would actually need one long range train (Any kind, Gila, Rio Grande, or even Mallard or Daylight)

All my other parts are unneeded !

PM me if you're interested :)

Any spare parts you don't need of these trains are welcome :) Gift code : 2KRG
    Thank you guys !

16. xinn3r

xinn3r Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    If anyone is still giving out mallard parts, I would love to receive some.

My gift code is 17R8, thank you kindly!

17. CocoPops50

CocoPops50 Member

Jan 12, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Long Range Train

I can give 2 full Express trains for a full Standard train!! I just need one for the Trans-Atlantic route!

Private Message me if you think we have a deal!

18. Tactics

Tactics Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Is it possible to have two different networks that aren't connected to each other? I would try, but I'm low on coins, and I think I'd have to shutdown a line before I can try to then shutdown a track segment.

19. yamfun

yamfun Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    The jobs might still generate for the other side though.

20. Tactics

Tactics Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Yeah, that's what I'm wondering. Because they tweaked the job generation mechanic in 'Trains. Each train sees its own queue apparently, in addition to trains in the yard. So I thought with this reworked mechanic, there was a chance they each train could only 'view' stations connected to it.

It's a stretch I suppose, but it could mean the possibility of several smaller, long-range networks to ease the micromanaging of the game.