Universal Pocket Trains - (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Jonesy0329

Jonesy0329 Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2012
    Alabama
    Hey everyone, take note of the increased cost in bux to gift parts........

2. RoboBoto

RoboBoto Well-Known Member

May 1, 2012
    The cost to gift is equal to the number of parts it takes to craft an engine or fuel car.

3. Jonesy0329

Jonesy0329 Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2012
    Alabama
    Damn, wish I had known that earlier.....

4. yamfun

yamfun Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    #484 yamfun, Sep 29, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
    Did some reorganization of tracks.
    Hope there is a way to cgeck whether my total profit per hour has improved.

The stat page is strange because it shows a drastic drop of performance
    :O

Also hope that there is a way to reserve a job into the storage directly in the same station it appears

5. Macs96qaz

Macs96qaz Active Member

Nov 14, 2012
    Canada
    As far as I can tell (I've tried for a few minutes) you can't, same as Pocket Planes, jobs can be put in the stockyard of a different town, but not the one it appeared in.

6. JTay

JTay Member

Sep 29, 2013
    I'm just starting out, would greatly appreciate anyone's leftover steamer parts :) Code is N8GD.

7. Macs96qaz

Macs96qaz Active Member

Nov 14, 2012
    Canada
    Sure, here you go! If you get a single mallard part, mind sending it to me?

8. Mdaymond

Mdaymond Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    They stay at 50,000 - I have bought one, and the price is still 50,000.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the quick responses people! :)

9. g4m3boy

g4m3boy New Member

Mar 7, 2013
    Just started out the game. I would gladly accept any parts. Thx

Code: 1FNW

10. rewyan

rewyan Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Thanks. That all makes sense, well, except for NimbleBit leaving out the guilds. It was a cool feature, and brought a nice social aspect to the game. Guess they were tired of #toucharcade domination.

11. Tastyfish

Tastyfish Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    I think I've read this whole thread and noticed:
    - at beginning of thread most people thought having each line only have 4 (most 6) connected cities with as many overlapping cities as possible
    - more recent screenshots have people setting up long lines with few intersecting cities

Is this similar to PP, where the beginning plan only was efficient to a point (when higher level airports and planes became available), then you were better off to close routes and go with central hubs?

12. nao

nao Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    #492 nao, Sep 29, 2013
    Wow crappy bank rate today at 190. Guess I'll wait till tmr to do any exchanging. I just realized trains can still move without being repaired. Don't mind the speed drop as I don't check in so often.

I need a cherry steamer part, can spare a blue steamer if anyone wants to trade. 19VJ

13. arr4ws

arr4ws Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2010
    2C1R looking for national express parts! Or anything!

14. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Since I have opened up the Middle East I have noticed a marked increase in oil deliveries. Much to my surprise these shipments are exclusively to Middle Eastern cities. If my sales managers have truly managed to 'sell sand to the Arabs' then we are in for a long and illustrious career

15. aelesia

aelesia Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2013
    #495 aelesia, Sep 29, 2013
    Here's my map from beta.

WARNING: Do not attempt either a Volograd -> Urumqi -> Beijing route or Moscow -> Perm -> Novosibirsk -> Ulan Bator -> Beijing route like I did. Initially I attempted to have dual train routes running from Europe to Asia via Russia. But the route is just way too freaking long and slow.

[​IMG]

16. yamfun

yamfun Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    The moment I found that the random event city is at Revyjsikekejsikejekejsjek, I died a little inside, I hope the event city only randoms at city you own.

17. Soar2344

Soar2344 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    My random event Is in Glasgow :3 delivering fright containers.

18. aelesia

aelesia Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Pocket planes was different because it made no sense to keep lower level airports. Large planes couldn't land there and the number of jobs that they generated was too little to be worth the time. It was easier to simply stick to operating large airports.

In Pocket trains all cities are of equal "level" and as long as a city is on the way and able to easily connect to your main routes, it should be profitable to operate.

Also I don't think having long lines is a good idea due to the fuel system. I'm leaning more towards having multiple short lines near a cluster of cities (3-4 cities each) and only having long lines when I need to haul goods from continent to continent.

19. myzrym

myzrym Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Hello all;

The game is great and I am having tons of fun...

I had a problem yesterday.. After installing the update on my phone, I forgot to update my iPad... And I logged in, the game did not sync... After realizing what might have caused the problem, I updated the game on iPad as well... However it did not sync again...

Removed it from the cloud data and deleted... Reinstalled, unfortunately it did not sync again...

Can you suggest a solution if you have encountered this and solved it somehow...

Thanks and kind regards...

20. TDAKS

TDAKS Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2010
    How do you add a fuel car? I have a cherry steamer fuelcar in my yard but can't figure out how to use it. Thanks