Universal Pocket Trains - (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 25, 2013.

1. jps75

jps75 Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Why are some track lines thick and others thin? They seem to change around, what does it mean?

2. Ponycakes

Ponycakes Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jun 27, 2012
    Thick when a train is currently using it.

3. Mdaymond

Mdaymond Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    On the contrary, I opened the Reykjavik line and it's bringing me nice profits! I ferry things from all over Europe into Paris. Paris has 55 layover capacity now and my 'UK Express' train as I dubbed it, travels Paris > London > Glasgow > Reykjavik. The only gamble is having valuable cars coming back the other way, but I just had a 5x Bordeaux for over 1,000 coins so it's working for me :) In fact, I'm inundated with cars bound for Reykjavik - 38 waiting in Paris alone! 4,500 or so coins worth plus 3 crates and 12 BUX.

I'm only using a steamer at the moment with an added fuel car for this route as I'm planning to use my higher capacity trains elsewhere soon.

The photo you posted along with this post ^ giving your stats is almost identical to mine!

Both with 7 railroad, 118 crates, 3 events and then;
    You with 1,561 BUX, me with 1,584.

You've done 15,000 more miles than me though, with 1,200 more cars and you're 1 level ahead.

Interesting to see the difference in miles vs. rewards between whatever our two strategies are!!

4. Harmoniamundi

Harmoniamundi Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Teacher/Musician
    Ohio
    Can I trade anyone three Rio parts for three Gila parts?

5. Scorpion008

Scorpion008 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    I have one rio part, a mallard part, and a ton of carbon/bluebell/cherry parts. I would like dragonbreath parts.

6. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    So, I'm regretting opening Africa. The desert and all.

But I'm going to save up for Reykjavik.

In terms of hubs and efficiency, I'm thinking that I want to have hubs on future continents but for Europe, I can always keep running my old simple routes, just limited to stations those trains will go to. I have 6 trains now, and I'm figuring that I'll extend all my existing lines before adding a new one.

One question: How do you post screenshots?

7. Leonick

Leonick Member

Nov 14, 2010
    If you press the home and sleep/wake buttons at the same time a screenshot will be saved to your camera roll from there you can transfer it to your computer. Might be able to post through the toucharcade app as well, not sure about that.

8. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I know what you mean. The jobs that need taking all the way to Zanzibar pay a lot though.

9. Unstablefan

Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Thanks!

Well, maybe I'll keep lengthening the line. Right now I have a National Express from Madrid to Cairo, trying to decide how far to take it.

10. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I have 7 lines running and am just in Europe still although finding it awkward to make efficient lines as I move across into Russia ect as you don't know what station links will appear. I don't really want to spend cash to change them all though.

I'm looking to trade parts I'd like carbon parts as I need fuel cars and trains. I have various parts about 80 so just ask.

11. CzechCongo

CzechCongo Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Yes, you can add a picture attachment through the TA app.

12. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    I decided to pick up some bux!

13. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I have one line Madrid - Tripoli, and another Tripoli-Zanzibar, I didn't think one train would be able to do it all at once (one is a Metro Express, one a National Express, neither are double headed or have a fuel car).
    I'm going to leave sorting out all mine lines until I have another area (Asia I think) and some longer trains with fuel cars, I don't think it would be worth spending the coins to change things at the moment.

14. Leonick

Leonick Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Have a look at the map I posted back on page 38, bottom of the page. I don't think there is any Russian cities missing, I think all of Europe is covered actually.

15. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Carbon steamer?
    I'll trade any non steamer part for carbon steamer part
    Code : 1D9Z

16. Scorpion008

Scorpion008 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    Send me anything non carbon, preferably Dragonbreath, malard, rio grande standard, daylight, or national express. Code HQMY. I will send you some carbon.

17. DannyTheElite

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    No I have steamer parts to trade. Sorry.

18. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Your map doesn't cover the area covered by the Asia license, it looks like that where most of Russia (from Perm eastwards) is on the in game map.

19. DannyTheElite

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Found 1 daylight and 1 national express, sent over.

20. Unstablefan

Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    #420 Unstablefan, Sep 28, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
    I'm done with trains without fuel cars. The long line I described Madrid-Cairo is a National Express fully added on to, and I won't put any new trains in service without fuel. That said, I have a Global Express and fuel car ready to go, so maybe I'll use it starting at Cairo.

Edit: Oh, and then once I get an Asia license it can be extended to connect to another line I have that comes into Istanbul.