Universal Pocket Trains - (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 25, 2013.

1. SuperPenguin17

SuperPenguin17 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2013
    Here's my set up

Madrid and New York acting as the hubs. Desperately needing parts for the Gila Standard. It can hold 3 engines and two fuel cars.. It's my transatlantic train at the moment.

Attached Files:

2. SuperPenguin17

Jan 6, 2013
    Forgot to attach

3. CzechCongo

CzechCongo Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Cities closer together will have jobs that are less profitable, like Pocket Planes. The coin icons are really only useful when comparing jobs to the same city. When comparing jobs to multiple cities, the absolute dollar amount may be more useful. Of course, the travel time/fuel need is another consideration.

4. SuperPenguin17

Jan 6, 2013
    America

Attached Files:

5. Soar2344

Soar2344 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    So I found a speical create for sale and that's a lot of coins to spend on :S

Attached Files:

6. CocoPops50

CocoPops50 Member

Jan 12, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Ive got 2 Rio Grande Standard parts. Trade for 2 Metro Express parts? Or similar?

7. Brinkman

Brinkman Well-Known Member

I just treat them as part sinks. I craft engines and the sell them.

8. itschriscollins

itschriscollins Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    This strikes me as something obvious but anyone really confused by the prices of cargo there are a couple points to bear in mind.

1) The total amount shown is for the entire job. To get the price per cart you need to divide by how many carts there are.

2) The number of coins in the icon for the job gives you an indication of the worth of that job PER CART. A 4-coin icon might only be 100 if it as ONE cart whereas a 2-coin icon might be worth 300 if it has FIVE carts.

3) Count the number of carts. For the love of god, count the number of carts.

9. gpociej

gpociej Member

Mar 31, 2013
    Hey guys,
    I just start to play PT and I love it!

Anyone figured out best routes around Europe?
    Now I'm going:
    Berlin -> Milan
    Berlin -> Amsterdam
    Amsterdam -> Bordeaux
    London -> Rome
    Paris -> Budapest

btw.
    If someone have spare parts to give it will be much appreciated!!
    My gift code: GQ9W

10. boomerkidd

boomerkidd Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    So does it mean the percentage of getting a part for a particular train actually decreases as you level up due to dilution?

11. RoboBoto

RoboBoto Well-Known Member

May 1, 2012
    Any train can do it. You need approx. 377 fuel units to cross, so the Steamers definately need a fuel car attached.

I haven't tried it yet with a Steamer with no fuel car, curious what it will say. . .

Vanilla Steamer takes 29 minutes, Rio can do it 17.

12. Infinite Zero

Infinite Zero Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Since the 1.02 update, I can't get the iCloud sync to work. I've uninstalled and reinstalled on both devices and rebooted several times. I've also turned the sync off and on.

Anyone else?

13. AcideEthanoique

Sep 28, 2013
    #373 AcideEthanoique, Sep 28, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
    Coin logo for jobs = Transport worth per car per kilometer !
    Be caution, it will always consider the shortest track to the destination, including the tracks you don't even own !

It helps me a lot to complete my trains with cargos which will be left over in my destination town.

14. RoboBoto

RoboBoto Well-Known Member

May 1, 2012
    Anyone else running fuel calcs?

So far with limited tests, it seems:
    Fuel consumption is very close for different engines, approx. 15 fuel units per mile (results so far range 14.6 to 15.4).
    The lower readings are from the Steamer, not sure if there is a difference realtive to engine, or if these are just rounding errors due to the shorter distances.

Refueling Time is the same for all engines - 10 seconds per unit or 6 units per minute.

Anyway, if you want to estimate how much fuel you need before you will be able to head out, multiply distance [(time (minutes) x speed (mph) / 60] times 15 and you 'll be pretty close.

I'd be interested in any other conclusions people have made about fuel.

15. SuperPenguin17

Jan 6, 2013
    I need one global express part. I have a lot of parts to trade...

A couple of rare parts too. I have a Dekotora part. Not sure if anyone else even has a part for if yet but it has a base fuel of 1000 and holds twenty cars. I'd give it up for a global express part.

GC ID : Superpenguin17

16. guineapiglet

guineapiglet Member

Sep 23, 2012
    You have a pm ;)

17. SuperPenguin17

Jan 6, 2013
    Need : METRO EXPRESS and GILA STANDARD

Have : a ton of other parts...

Hit me up.

18. jps75

jps75 Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Does Cloud saving work?

Has anyone tried playing on two different devices? I wouldn't want to wipe my save.

19. Leonick

Leonick Member

Nov 14, 2010
    #379 Leonick, Sep 28, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
    Where can you build to from Reykjavik? Is the line straight to NA or is there a stop in Greenland or something? I know I want to expand to NA, looking at the options. Currently leaning towards Lisbon <-> New York.

---

I've started working on a map, figured it'd be nice to have a map with all cities and connections.

So far I've got a good bit of Europe and NA mapped using my own lines and screencaps already posted in this thread. If you have any data I could add I'd love a screencap.

What I need is:
    • Any cities or lines currently not on the map.
    • Any lines where there is currently a train enroute on my map (I want to keep the map consitent and only use the thin lines).
    • Any city where my map currently has a train parked in it (I could edit them out but it's easier to edit clean data in).
    • Zoom out as far as possible before taking a screencap.

Current map is attached.

Doing this map I've noticed the city marker seem to vary in size. Anyone know why? My guess would be expansions to capacity but not sure.

Attached Files:

20. Ryhian

Ryhian Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I was trying for about 15 minutes earlier to get my save from phone to sync to iPad. I didn't try prior to the update but am not having any luck getting it on my iPad.