Universal Pocket Trains - (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 25, 2013.

1. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I passed on the update. I usually wait on trying updates unless I have the old version and my save backed up to my PC. Sorry you're having issues.

2. aelesia

aelesia Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Here's my layout. 5 of my railways share Paris as the main hub, while the last 1 intersects 4 of the lines and acts as a secondary transfer line.

[​IMG]

3. CzechCongo

CzechCongo Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Here's my track layout. I'm wondering if later on I'll be able to expand tracks into different locations (Asia, Africa) and then sell older track segments, rather than have to shutdown a line and create a new one. Anyone know how that works? If I shut down a line and create a new RR do I have to pay the new RR fee again?

I've not had a problem getting bux from hauling cargo, but I could use a lot more to open crates. I have only one express train and am far from getting any of the next higher level. I've spent lots of bux on yard expansion to allow for extensive layover-ing.

Nimble-folk, as far as requests go, I'll second the request for more line colors. Another 4-8 would be great. I'd also like to see an indication of "fullness" on the train list, like 0/8 or 7/12, so I can see at a glance which trains need to have cargo rearranged and which ones are just waiting for fueling. It seems like there should be plenty of room for this to the right of the current fuel status on the train list (at least on my iPad mini). Thanks!

Attached Files:

4. Here was my layout from the beta version

[​IMG]

5. stooney

stooney Well-Known Member

Since nobody answered and the thread got buried pages back, once again:
    How do I turn off notifications?

Can't figure it out .. thanks!

6. Go into the notification menu in the settings, tap on Pocket Trains and turn them off...

7. stooney

stooney Well-Known Member

Thats the obvious way and I swear I tried that before and could not find Pocket Trains on the list.
    Just tried again and there it was ... strange

Thanks anyway!

8. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Here's my latest layout.
    6 lines, lots of layover upgrades, 38 crates I need Bux lol. Europe only. Plenty of coins.
    I got mainly lines, no centric railroads.

There are 3 long lines that I consider splitting:
    Reykjavic to Rome (light blue) could be splitted in Paris
    Lisbon to Stockholm (pink) could also be splitted in Paris.
    Madrid to Moscow (light green) via Munich
    Maye I'll try splitting one first to experiment with the central hub strategy.

Attached Files:

9. aelesia

Jan 23, 2013
    If you shut down a line and open a new line you have to pay a new fee again. The cost of lines is also proportinal to the number of lines you have active, so always shut down a line before opening a new one instead of doing it the other way around.

10. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    I <3 the underwater tunnel :) (Glasgow/Rkjvk)

Attached Files:

11. aelesia

Jan 23, 2013
    #331 aelesia, Sep 28, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
    Out of curiosity, could you screenshot your stats page? I'm curious to see how many crates/bux you have obtained and I'm hoping to deduce whether short trips have a significantly higher chance of generating crates/bux over long trips.

12. AcideEthanoique

Sep 28, 2013
    #332 AcideEthanoique, Sep 28, 2013
    Hi guys ! I was fond of Pocket Planes, and tried the new Pocket Trains for 2 days now.

Here are my actual lines :

IMG_0382.PNG

I have re-organised my five lines so they all begin from Munich (which is, in my opinion, the best european lay-over, offering long lines opportunities in all directions) which I transformed into a giantic Lay-over point (more than 30 cargos capacity). In that way, I'm not bothered by lay-overs jamming my other stations (which happened to me in Pocket Planes).

I just opened a sixth line from Helsinki to Volgograd, as I want Volgograd to be my second lay-over point, linking Europe to Asia.
    The train on this line was in a first time linking Rome to Athens, via Milan, (Bordeaux from Paris), Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin and Budapest, but this line was in my opinion completely useless. It wasn't bringing anything to the actual network.
    I'm not planning to serve these cites again for now.

13. wedge598

wedge598 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Is there any way we could get some of the feature I miss from pocket planes?

I'd like to see the 25% bonus return for trains full of cars to the same destination. That was always fun and rewarding to manage.

I'd also like to see on the map how many layovers I have in each city. It makes it easier if I can see quickly if I'll have room at a station to store more cars.

And I wish there was an easier way to obtain some of the bigger trains. With special crates handed out sparingly and the prize being random some of the bigger trains seem like unicorns.

14. the fish

the fish Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Vienna
    Question: my Carbon steamer can pull 12 Cars with engine and fulecar, while my vanilla steamer can only pull 8 with the same setup. Is that a bug?

15. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    That looks nice. Would be expensive to rework though :(
    Hard to visualize what lay of land may be like before tracks revealed.

Attached Files:

16. yamfun

yamfun Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Let's say I have 2 line in Europe, now I want to move it to NA.
    How do it? I mean, the "new RR" cost is expensive, so... what's the best way to do it?

17. RoboBoto

RoboBoto Well-Known Member

May 1, 2012
    The Carbon Steamer is one of the 'special' trains, its parts come in the purple special crates. The other four Steamers (Bluebell, Cherry, Emerald, Vanilla) form the basic set, these are the four you need for the 'Steamer Set' achievement.

18. Tactics

Tactics Member

Feb 21, 2013
    #338 Tactics, Sep 28, 2013

This just happened to me. Made a bluebell fuel car, gave me an engine.

19. the fish

the fish Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Vienna
    Ok thanks. So the fuelcar just makes the train faster I guess.

20. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Nope, as explained in the game ;), the fuel car adds double the fuel capacity. So if a train held 270 with just an engine, fuel car increases the fuel capacity to 540.