Universal Pocket Trains - (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Two questions:
    What is the benefit of have two engines?
    If I want to go from A to C and don't have enough fuel, but yes for go to B (a city in the middle) is better go to B or wait to recharge fuel for C?

2. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Please change your minds... My wife and I loved reading those! Especially when I had all my planes in the air.

3. makitango

makitango Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2011
    Can't believe the fairness of prices for IAPs. I just feel so motivated to give them some "bux" back for the crapload of fun I already had, also with their other games. Gonna do this tomorrow :)

4. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Higher capacity for shipping. So instead of 8, it's 12. But only certain kinds of trains can have two engines. None of the starter engines do. When a train is at a station, pull it up and then select the "Train" button and it'll show how many possible engines, fuel cars, etc that it can have.

I think it's better to just go to B, get everything else moving, then switch off the game and do something else. By time I get back to everything is mostly refueled and ready to go that last leg of the trip.

5. Leonick

Leonick Member

Nov 14, 2010
    I just realized that in Pocket Trains unlike Pocket Planes it's always day. Kinda miss that, added some visual diversity.

6. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Some of the later trains need a looooot of parts. I got one that need 10 parts, and can have 3 engines and 2 fuelcars!
    So 50 crates and 500 bux for a full train.
    We're gonna be busy for a long time i guess :D

7. Andrwsc

Andrwsc Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Which train is that? I have two
    Daylight
    parts, which requires 12 to build! But it's only 1 engine and 1 fuelcar for 24 total parts.

8. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Rio Grande std 87 mph, 12 cars, 600 fuel

Update 1.02 live

9. Rainbow Whang

Rainbow Whang Active Member

Sep 21, 2013
    San Diego
    I agree with your last paragraph.. With school, friends, and college stuff I'm not gonna get fuel cars cus they will eat more time away :)

10. mutts

mutts Active Member

Jun 28, 2013
    I think it might, my ipod 4th gen runs it without any problems.

11. SamF1sh

SamF1sh Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    Nimble but can we please be able to put a track between Glasgow and Dublin?
    [​IMG]

12. nimiety

nimiety Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Military - USAF
    It might be early for asking this but is there a dedicated trading post for this game yet? I've got a few parts I wouldn't mind trading around for different things. Like trying to complete this steamer achievement and such.

13. cowtruck123

cowtruck123 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Bought a few crates with the new update with coins when they appear at the train stations, but they dont appear in the crafting menu. Am i missing something? Also there really should be a BitBook and there should be a bonus for full trains.

14. Kosh One

Kosh One Member

Jun 28, 2012
    When you buy the crate it becomes a job and you must take it to its destination to acquire it.

15. Steverd

Steverd Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Let's post some track layouts.
    I have four trains.

Four colors into Munich (my main hub)
    Three colors into: Paris

How would you improve this? I was thinking of some CIRCLE routes,
    but they didn't last long and I had to move tracks from one color to another.

TRAINS-1.jpg

16. Soar2344

Soar2344 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    What does everyone think of my map so far? Anything I should do to change it?

Attached Files:

17. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Had a point A to C situation where I could only get to B without refueling. It dawned on me even if I want to pay Bux to refuel its better to go to B then refuel because it seems to cost te same to refuel so in essence if I refuel early it means throwing out the fuel I could have used to get to B. food for thought.

As for the maps shown, I'm no expert yet but I'd have at least two points to stop to on any line.

Nicely after moving a lot of Bux rewarded cargo I've managed to amass 200. It's nice having that in the bank so to speak. I think tomorrow I'll finish off expanding across Europe. Currently I have 17 cities and 22 segments.

18. Pixel_Gamer

Pixel_Gamer Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    I miss the aesthetics of having day/night cycle just like in PP. Also the ability to dress the train operators with costumes. Hope both will be implemented in the future.

19. mwadsit

mwadsit Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Another awesome Nimblebit game per usual.

Anyone else having issues constructing fuel cars since the update? Last two times I tried to make a cherry steamer fuel car it just constructed an engine instead (did it twice in case I clicked wrongly the first time). For blue steamer when I try to make fuel car it displays image of engine, so I'm hesitant to confirm the construction.

20. ElkhoundsRock

ElkhoundsRock Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Hockey
    Canada
    #320 ElkhoundsRock, Sep 28, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
    I need some help lol

Ill tell u what my layout is so u guys can give me advice, it won't be as easy a pp was tho.