Universal Pocket Trains - (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 25, 2013.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Enjoying the game so far, I have my new railroad for 8k and built a lot of new lines. Anyone found a good amount of stations per train? The tutorial suggested 5 I believe?

Also the bux price does change but I keep saving my bux to buy new train parts, mainly stocking up on the parts unless it's a busy lane then I'll make a fuel car.

If you have trouble finding jobs at the station I just send my train to the next one on the line to check for jobs since it only really costs fuel.

2. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    In settings-notifications on the iphone menu.

3. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Got it when I crafted a Vanilla Steamer. Maybe the Carbon Steamer doesn't count?

4. ObsidianBlood

ObsidianBlood Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Thanks

5. Ramaz1234

Ramaz1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2013
    This game is so much fun, been playing nonstop all day haha. I really want my Africa license!

6. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    I think absolutely, to have the most track-segments in use at a given time.

It reminds me of the board game Age of Steam. I remember reading on a message board, one person was complaining that they had built an efficient cross-map route with only a few stops and were beaten by a player who made a ton of tine routes all in one corner. And the response was, yeah, short haul freight is historically how railroads made money.

So this game seems right on to me!

7. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Hehe look it's a stormtrooper!

[​IMG]

8. birkoss

birkoss Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Great game!

I only wish we can choose the continent where we start...

9. Perfect trumpet

Perfect trumpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    Anyone tried gifting parts yet? Tried it with a friend who was in front of me sent him a part I got charged my 3 Bux but he didnt get it.
    My code is 1h1z I think it's a z anyway looks too rigid to be a 2... Anyone having issues

10. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    There doesn't seem to be as I'm up to size 60 in Paris.

11. wedge598

wedge598 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2013
    I really like this one. It's similar to pocket planes but seems simplified a bit. Only a couple things I'm finding puzzling...

1. No bonus for loading up the full train to the same destination. Why not?
    2. Only way to get different trains is to pray for the right part when you level up. I'm up to level 7 and still several parts from having something other than the default steam engines. I had many different planes by this time with PP.
    3. When one train broke I opted to swap the engine for a different one hoping to also avoid having to fix it. But the brand new engine I swapped it for needed the same repair.
    4. No way to change the engineer or customize the color of the trains. Bummer.
    5. Only one event per day?? Come on, what was wrong with the multiple event system in PP?

Seems like some of the basic stuff that made pocket planes fun is missing for no apparent reason.

12. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I did the same to Microsoft when I couldn't get Crysis running on Windows 95.

13. hellscaretaker

May 27, 2012
    I only seen one person mentiond trick which I have started to do now I realise that the station will refresh each time you open the train at that station.

This may seem extreme to some, if like me you like to have a heathy bux amount I normally move them first. Yet I was losing buxs as well as I had not realise how the refresh was working at the stations. Now what I do is check for any buxs and of course parts at the station and move them first even sticking them on a train moving them to another station down the line and off loading them as a layover so then they not removed from the pool untill I can get chance to move them to the right place.

Also have you noticed this game like other nimblebit games just eats your battery like of your device.????

14. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Hahaha that seems a bit unreasonable

15. jonnycache

jonnycache Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    How on earth do you store stock at a station?

16. hellscaretaker

May 27, 2012
    You don't as the station refreshes every time you open the train, the other way to store stock at a station is as layover and then it will stay at that station as long you want. But remember you only have so much room if you want to have store more layovers you need to spend 10 buxs to get 5 extra spots, so far there doesn't seem to be a limit to how many spots u can have at a station

17. jonnycache

jonnycache Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    Ok so how do you store stock at a station as layover?

18. yamfun

yamfun Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    How many cities should each line contains?

19. Soar2344

Soar2344 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    The ammount of bux jobs is just wow lol I've made over 200 Buxs in just one day.

20. SuperPenguin17

SuperPenguin17 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2013
    I'm level 9 and no.