Universal Pocket Trains - (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 25, 2013.

1. KookiWooki

KookiWooki Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Great, I can't wait to give it a try now. Thanks for the reply. :)

2. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    In that case, having 2 Bluebell Steamers, a Emerald Steamer, a Carbon Steamer, and a Cherry Steamer does not get the award.

I think the crate can be on a train that passes through its original city, as long as the crate isn't unloaded.

3. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    You're better off with an IPad then any that Android junk, unless you don't like games that is. If you're still using an original IPad I'd say you got your money's worth, and complaining that no one makes games for IOS 5 or earlier is pretty comical to me.

4. PocketDaddy45

PocketDaddy45 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Minnesota
    Apple probably makes the best products in the world so I suspect user error pretty highly. Seems you are just spamming for google knock off pads.

5. Andrwsc

Andrwsc Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Hey Vic, how did you get Lisbon and the cities to the southeast of Budapest (looks like Athens under the red X in your screenshot, plus 2 others)?

Did you get those extra European cities when you got the licenses for other continents?

6. ObsidianBlood

ObsidianBlood Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2013
    I don't know if this has been asked already, but I don't want to look through 19 pages for an answer.

How do I repair my trains? I'd like to do it with money but I can't seem to find the option to do so...

7. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Cities unlock/become visible when you build tracks to the cities next to them, those European cities are available without buying any new licenses. You'll know when you reach the edge of the area you have licenses for, you will see greyed out tracks to the city in the next continent but will not be able to build on them.

8. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    You get a pop up saying your train needs repairing. If you don't repair it at that time, then you get prompted to repair whenever you click on the jobs button for that train

9. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    If the train is broken, you'll get a pop-up when you are in the jobs screen for that train offering you the choice of repairing it with parts or coins.

10. huntermogel

huntermogel New Member

Sep 26, 2013
    Blogger
    Toronto
    Been waiting months for this game! So far it's even better than Pocket Planes (which after a while got kinda boring). The Pocket Trains version has a lot more cool stuff to keep the game entertaining.

11. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    #191 vicsark, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
    Bought my 5th raillroad for 8000 coins. Next one is 11181.
    If this works like the PP plane slots, it should go up exponentially.
    It also would mean in the end game you're supposed to have a lot of railroads and not just a few big ones.

12. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    My new event is outgoing cargo!

Attached Files:

13. Andrwsc

Jul 17, 2012
    That was my first event after I installed the game at ~2100 on 9/26 (local time). I had three hours to figure out the game and complete the mission of outgoing cargo only. :)

So I guess I know what to expect for my third mission in ~8 hours from now...

14. Itchyant

Itchyant Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    Best looking app icon in the app store

15. Andrwsc

Jul 17, 2012
    Bank exchange rate

The bank appears to have a different behaviour from Pocket Planes. The exchange rate is not a function of the amount of bux you wish to convert, so there is no reason to hoard bux for a massive future cash-in.

But the wording at the bank ("Today's exchange rate: 221 coins per bux") certainly implies that the rate is dynamic. For anybody who played the beta, does this mean it's a daily rate (changes every 24 hours at midnight?) or is it a function of something else, like the level?

16. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    It's just gone midnight, and it's 1 = 246 now.

17. ObsidianBlood

Apr 10, 2013
    Ah ok thanks

18. Macs96qaz

Macs96qaz Active Member

Nov 14, 2012
    Canada
    I loved Pocket Planes and am loving Pocket Trains so far... Is there a global event like in PP or is it not going to happen/in development?

19. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    Is there a limit to the layover (stockyard) capacity?
    I have my Paris hub at 40 already.

20. ObsidianBlood

Apr 10, 2013
    Any way to turn off the push notifications? Or at least the sound that goes with it?