Universal Pocket Titans (by Kumotion Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Kour

Kour Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Alright. This game is pretty darn addictive.

2. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Man if the loot you found changed your appearance that would be insane! That and more levels and this would be even more of an amazing game!

3. Kour

Kour Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Yup. Going to buy the coin IAP to support the developed.

If your appearance changed and more levels. This really would be a sweet sweet title.

4. HomeFries

HomeFries Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Canada
    Yaa multiplayer is awesome
    But ppl quit and it doesn't count as a win and destroyed my 23 win streak when a game got stuck and counted it as a lose bummer :( currently ranked number 1 ClamDigger420 :) loving the game And my team of rouge warlock and paladin is really my favorite group for online play:)

5. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Epic game! Keep the chapters coming. He'll ill buy an iap to support yall even more.

6. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    I've finished the game, and I loved it. I didn't find the campaign terribly difficult, I never got blown up by a bomb, and I killed the final boss on the first attempt using the warrior, ranger and mage.

I would love to get involved in some multiplayer, but I'm struggling to meet up with players who are online and looking for a game at the same time as me. I appreciate a lobby system, and async multiplayer are a big ask when that's not the primary focus of your product. I really would be over the moon if I could use these great mechanics against flesh and blood opoonents.

7. Kour

Kour Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Ditto. Asynchronous multiplayer would be awesome.

8. toxiccheese

toxiccheese Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    #68 toxiccheese, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
    So far I'm loving the game, but a few things are just weird. The shop seems out of place if all it's for is to buy the next item that a character can use. Perhaps a few items with different effects that are all at the same level would provide some variety as well some much needed player customization. This would also require a character stat screen, but still keep the game streamlined. I really like the simplicity and friendly approach, but it's maybe too simple. The use of abilities should not be automatic, I would prefer having the added strategy of choosing when to use it.

Multiplayer needs work. No penalties for dropping out of a game?

The leaderboards are obviously hacked. Clamdigger is sitting at the top, but some hackers have already claimed obviously fake scores. I hope the new ios7 features aimed at preventing this sort of thing will be implemented. Otherwise, why bother with the leaderboards at all.

Perhaps the simplicity of the game is geared towards having it be more of an arcadey-puzzle-strategy type game? All in all, this is an excellent game. I just wish it had a bit more depth. Not a lot, just a little more.

Congrats to the dev for making an addicting, great looking, fun strategy game! I will be making an IAP as a show of support. Looking forward to any upcoming updates!

9. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    #69 Gabrien, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
    Players who leave a multiplayer game don't get penalized, yet if you leave the lobby before a game starts it counts as a loss against you. Surely this needs to be the other way around? Not that it matters much with there currently being nothing meaningful about a win or a loss, with only total win counts being used for rankings. Please add some meaning (and fairness) to multiplayer. Great depth could be gained from adding meaningful rewards, and ranks based on fleshed out statistics. There's a terrific core game in place here; more's the pity it's currently being wasted.

10. toxiccheese

Mar 21, 2010
    Where can I find an explanation of the different stats? I'd really like to know what the speed stat does?

Power seems to be damage and stamina I assume is health? And speed.....????

11. kumotion

kumotion Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Jul 31, 2013
    Video Game Publisher
    Leamington Spa
    Answer

The "speed" stat dictates who attacks first.

Hope this helps.

We are also looking into the feedback on Multiplayer.

Thank you for supporting our game, and giving us your thoughts and ideas!

12. Stustaff

Stustaff Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Love the game, LOVE it.

There is a slight 'but' coming up its a little short! Still value for money but cos its good I want more play :(

Can I suggest if it isn't here already an endless mode? It would seem pretty straightforward and add a high score element too in terms of furthest level.

So each level a new enemy spawns starting weak and then every 5 levels a heal level then 5 more levels with a new enemy each time and so on.

Second suggestion another campaign that is a 99c purchase lets say four new good characters and some different mechanics.

Good game thanks

13. toxiccheese

Mar 21, 2010
    Thanks for answering my 'speed' question. I finished the entire story mode and it left me wanting more. Awesome, but it felt like the end of chapter 1! Looking forward to more content. Hopefully the next chapter starts with the archer laying out on some beach somewhere, and the Mage comes looking for her help! LOL Maybe they have all spread out to different locations and they have to battle in pairs till they all meet up again. It would lend itself to some custom strategic battles. Whatever you do, I'm looking forward to it.

14. HomeFries

Nov 7, 2011
    Canada
    Please please give us more and I wish more ppl play multiplayer as it is now I get maybe 3 to 5 games a day if I'm lucky which is a bummer as I love the game :)
    Pls pls release new content with new story or anything as I can't stop playing this game :)

15. kumotion

kumotion Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Jul 31, 2013
    Video Game Publisher
    Leamington Spa
    Answer

The new mode is almost done, so that should give more game play for everyone who has finished the single player game.

Getting more people playing multiplayer is a big challenge for us. We simply need more players. So anything you can do to spread the work would be much appreciated.

We are working on multiplayer updates based on peoples thoughts and feedback, and should have this ready for the second update.

16. HomeFries

Nov 7, 2011
    Canada
    Awesome news glad to hear it and I try to get as many ppl as i can to get his since its such a great game. Got already 2 friends playing it now here is to hoping they will spread and soon we will have a good time online lol
    Cheers

17. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I just picked this up. I'll be happy to play some multiplayer after learning it. :)

18. HomeFries

Nov 7, 2011
    Canada
    Just send me an invite but I suggest you finish story first and make sure u get all the Titan equipment as it's a big advantage online.
    My suggestion pick your favorite characters after ur done story and grind a bit to buy those three chosen ones the Titan equips. Enjoy and feel free to hit me up even for practice matches if you like.
    Cheers

Ps there is a lvl that u can go back to once u have the paladin at lvl 6 and he kills all monsters with his wrath in one hit and u get about 50 to 80 gold for 1min of play within a day I had enough money to buy Titan equips for all my characters :)

19. HomeFries

Nov 7, 2011
    Canada
    Just checked and It's spooky forest quest 5 just leave ur paladin out in the open next to no enemies and he will use wrath kill all monsters and all you have to do is wait for the coins to show up from the dead bodies lol there are other lvls you can do this on but I had the best results and time to finish a lvl on this quest.
    Enjoy
    Cheers

Ps. When I was doing it my paladin had Titan equip already so not sure if it's required to have to be able to kill all monsters with one hit but I'm pretty sure it's not as it's one of the early missions.

20. geekRAT

geekRAT Member

Oct 23, 2013
    Just a few observations of a great game!

I’m a big fan of the game and think it has a lot of potential! I’ve sunk quite a few hours into it already and noticed just a few details that are a little bothersome. They mostly have to do with the multiplayer experience.

• Disconnecting from multiplayer. If I’m watching my opponent make their move and do not touch the screen for 1 minute, which is my devices auto-lock time. I get dropped from the game and can’t get back into it. This sucks because I either have to change my auto-lock on my phone or remember to push the screen once every 60 seconds.

• Dropping from multiplayer. When things are not looking good for my opponent they often bail from the game with no negative consequences. Perhaps a quick fix for this would be awarding the opponent who stayed in the game the win, and the one who left the loss.

• Wait Time for multiplayer. I want to play against others!!! :) I know this is a symptom of having a low player base but is there any way to match people up with notifications or make the battles asynchronous?

Overall though I am really enjoying the game and love the style and theme. Great work!