Universal Pocket Titans (by Kumotion Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Oct 16, 2013.

1. kumotion

kumotion Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Jul 31, 2013
    Video Game Publisher
    Leamington Spa
    Stores

It should be out everywhere at midnight. That said, if you are searching for it this can take longer to update. If you hit the link below, although this is for NZ it should redirect you:

https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/pocket-titans/id716040449

2. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    The link works fine!! Thanks!

3. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Finally it's buying time, then off to enjoy before bed.

4. Like the slide to move, makes the gam alot funner.

5. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Man, why can't we get a shadow knight as a class and or a skill tree set up like Ascherons call 2 so we can specifically pick and choose just what skills we want to determine our style of play.

The shadow knight from Everquest was such an amazing class to play. Awesome plate armor with tower shields and small magic abilities which turned into one of the most brilliant hybrids in a rpg to date, IMO. The ability to tank or off tank all the while casting debuffs, small nukes, pets, and my personal favorites DoTs from to different orgins that stacked(disease and poison based-disease based did massive dmg over longer time/per tick and poison a lot less dmg but way faster). Being a shadow knight with pet in tow start off with a defense based debuff, followed by both DoTs, small nuke, then a fantastic weapon that "prok'ed" aka copper hammer of striking just made for rpg gaming that never got old.

Then skill trees like AC2. I loved how as picking skills from melee tree opened up the ability to become a bounty hunter or a pally. Then depending on which tree you chose in the melee class you then could spend points in the magic class skill tree to open up magic based skills like buffs or debuffs like haste(attk speed) or encase(defense buff). Then you could further go into the ranged skill tree that would open up the ranger class. So one avatar could have abilities from each skill tree which truly allowed for awesome hybrid customization if one so chose. The penalty to this style of play was due to spending points for level gained into many different skill trees was not having enough points to get the very powerful top tier skills that made each class truly unique.

Just wish we could see these offerings again. We always... I mean always have a pally and how god awful boring is that class.

6. Kreitz92

Kreitz92 Active Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Colorado
    I haven't had an extended period of time to play this, but what I've played so far is great.
    I can't wait to sit down and fully experience it.
    Great game!! :D

7. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    This is a very cool idea, but why in the world can't we choose when to use bonus abilities? The fact that they are used automatically as soon as they are ready removes a potential strategic element.

I'm also not a fan of the rapid tapping for overstrikes. It's unfortunate to have a turn-based game add a twitch element like this.

Ok, two nitpicks, sorry for that. Minor issues aside, I'm really enjoying this so far. Nice production values. Interesting gameplay.

8. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    This post just made me have flashbacks of my early married without children days! No references to UO?

9. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Def liking this so far!

10. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    You think that's bad? I had a healer heal herself rather than perform the finishing blow on the last monster, who then went on to kill a civilian. Game over. That being said there is a logic to which attacks they choose to use, and once you know that then you can plan your attack a bit better.

11. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Would like to see higher res assets, I don't think it would bloat the download as those characters used in the story panels are higher res but the same as the lower res ones used on the field. Besides you now have 100mb limit over air now. Quite a cool little game, very casual but that's not a bad thing in this instance.

Gold does seem a little short in supply at this stage but not sure how much I got for the boss.

12. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Very promising game.

New twist on battle mechanics.

Some questions:

1. Are the initial configurations of the battle maps randomly generated?
    2. What is the plenty for a character dying during a battle? The game mentions that you will win as long as you still have one character left standing... therefore I am asking what non-death/non-game over plenty is there for dying?
    3. Are you expected to replay previous levels to grind for better gears? Or is it possible to win the entire game by playing each level ONCE and ONLY ONCE (that is, no replaying of a level to grind for coins)? I ask this because I am not sure if you are expected to beat the boss at the end of each chapter if you have only played each of the previous levels once and therefore may not have accumulated enough loot to make your character strong...

13. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Waiting it in US Store. So nice!

14. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    I never had the chance to get into UO, which pains me. Those were the golden years of MMOrpg.

I remember in Kunark expansion I made an Iskar shaman(I find Everquest has the best type of shaman and WoW the worst) I tried soloing Dalnir I died and my corpse was stuck with all my gear for two days and after six more deaths trying to get my body back... I lost two levels... Omfg pure madness..

15. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Fun game, completed in 2 hrs. Nice and short. Looking for future updates :)

16. kumotion

Patreon Indie

Jul 31, 2013
    Video Game Publisher
    Leamington Spa
    Answers

1. Are the initial configurations of the battle maps randomly generated?

[Answer] The starting configurations are random, but class and number of enemies is the same. So there will be a degree of variety if you choose to replay levels.

2. What is the plenty for a character dying during a battle? The game mentions that you will win as long as you still have one character left standing... therefore I am asking what non-death/non-game over plenty is there for dying?

[Answer] If you lose a character in a particular quest the penalty is simply that it makes that quest harder to win. You have one less Titan in the battle, giving you fewer option. It also increases your risk of losing (If your final character dies then you can’t complete the quest). Don’t forget, if you have a hard time beating a level you can always retry it with different characters.

3. Are you expected to replay previous levels to grind for better gears? Or is it possible to win the entire game by playing each level ONCE and ONLY ONCE (that is, no replaying of a level to grind for coins)? I ask this because I am not sure if you are expected to beat the boss at the end of each chapter if you have only played each of the previous levels once and therefore may not have accumulated enough loot to make your character strong...

[Answer] Player do not need to to “grind” levels. The game has been balanced so that playing all the quests (and side quests) will give you all the gold you need.

17. kumotion

Patreon Indie

Jul 31, 2013
    Video Game Publisher
    Leamington Spa
    Wow you flew through the game!

You will be pleased to know that we are working on a new mode. There is always Multi-Player to master while you wait :)

18. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Great to hear from the developer! Thank you for your answers.

Following a previous poster's post, how "long" is the single player campaign? I see that the campaign is divided into "chapters". How many chapters are there?

19. kumotion

Patreon Indie

Jul 31, 2013
    Video Game Publisher
    Leamington Spa
    Don't worry, we are working on a new mode now :)

20. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    So... You've been playing this game the past 3 days now, and you are having a really fun time playing it, and you are asking for more.

How much did you pay for this again?