iPad Pocket Tanks, or iShoot

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by exalep, Apr 19, 2009.

1. exalep

exalep Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Hi, I'm new here. Sorry if this topic was already posted, I couldn't find anything about this. :eek:

I'm wondering, iShoot or Pocket Tanks? iShoot has a weapon editor, so I'm leaning more towards iShoot (cheaper too). But, I don't know if I should buy it yet. Help me?

2. Ph4ntom4

Ph4ntom4 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    I have iShoot, it's great and I love making weapons. However the lite version of Pocket Tanks was great so i'm waiting on a sale of some sort for that.

3. MasterN13

MasterN13 Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Ishoot is really fun, especially the weapons editor.I have a lot of fun experimenting with it The soundtrack is great too and it even has an online mode!

4. Ipodfan15

Ipodfan15 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    There are lite versions of each that you could try out.

5. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

I have both and I prefer Pocket Tanks! :)

6. exalep

exalep Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    I've tried both lite versions, but it just doesn't give the real feel of the game.
    That's why I need people that have the full game tell me why they like iShoot or Pocket Tanks better. :)

7. Scott30

Scott30 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2009
    They both have lite versions, I suggest trying those out! Best way to make up your own mind.

Having said that I have iShoot and played the free Pocket Tanks and I really enjoyed Pocket Tanks a bit more. I like that its based on points and not health, it makes things much more interesting and longer too. I think the variety in weapons is much more in depth. And yes while iShoot has a weapon editor, I dont think it can match Pocket Tanks vast array of weapons and what they do that add strategy to the game.

And I've only played the free version which only has like 20 weapons.

8. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

how do you know they werent the real feel of the game cos you havent played it??

9. Mythbuster

100% agree!

Good point! I think the lite versions are good to check the gameplay.

10. Scott30

Mar 19, 2009
    lol ya I question that line of his, Pock Tanks free version gives you plenty of feel of the game, the only thing is more weapons in full version and prob a few more options I think.

iShoot has the weapon editor which prob isnt in the lite but again the feel of the game as you say is in both lite versions so I really dont understand that statement.

I think some people just cant make up their own minds like in real life they prefer to follow the pack and not their own instincts.

11. exalep

exalep Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Do you guys think that Pocket Tanks is a good game for its price, $3.99? =/

12. Mythbuster

:D Yep!

13. Ipodfan15

Ipodfan15 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    I love picking items at the beginning of Pocket Tanks. It's like picking teams for a pickup football game.

14. Mythbuster

Yes!!!

15. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

i love to play pocket tables too. :p i like the wooden tables best.

16. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Having tried both, I prefer Pocket Tanks because of the wider array of weapons (105), and the focus on points instead of health. The look and feel is another consideration because of the cartoony graphics which I prefer over iShoot. It really comes down to personal preference.

On that note, you may also want to check out Iron Sight which is a 3D version of these type of artillery, turn-based strategy games.

17. Scott30

Mar 19, 2009
    It certainly seems like it, a ton of options, a ton of weapons each quite different. Ultimately I would say play those lite versions again til you think which one you would like best not thinking about their prices. If you think Pocket Tanks is better then yes its worth the price...

And judging by the devs comments on these forums it doesnt appear he will be lowering the price anytime soon and will add more weapons but only when 3.0 comes out for a additional price. And its 5 dollars not 4 but yes its prob worth it if you're really into these type of games.

18. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    pocket tank! it feels so much more..pro..ishoot is great but graphics is iunno..simpler..

19. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    'Iron Sights' is good, its like ishoot or pocket tanks but in 3D. It is in full 3d with excellent graphics, and has online multiplayer, and its only 59p ($0.99)! Also there is 'SoldierAnts' which is exactly like worms with the randomly generated, destructable, 2D environments.:)

20. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    iron sight is not like pocket tank or ishoot at all...destructible environment are vital in strategy, plus the hundred choices of weapons in pocket tank..iron sight has..missiles..and some trees or buildings that can block attacks..thats all ive seen so far, not that its not a good game i like it, but its different for sure