Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. PocketPlanes1991

PocketPlanes1991 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Doesn't the app locally backup ? As in if I was to get another iPad, would I be able to carry on were I left off on my current iPad ?

It's a shame that the attention for the game has died down to the point that no one is posting on the forum anymore. I understand everyone has a life but as silly as this may sound, me initially getting addicted to this game helped me do something and keep myself active (Well mentally anyway) after I was going through a bad spell having lost my job. I've since acquired a new job and I only try to participate at Class 3 Airport events.

I've been attempting to get friends into the game but many don't have an iOS device so it isn't easy ! Are their still any active players ? On the handful of occasions when I've played recently, the top 10 were all unknown to me.

2. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    All my experiences with the cloud save in this game is that it never ever seemed to work for me, every time I’ve reinstalled I’ve found myself staring at a brand new game. Thankfully the game is REALLY easy to get built up and running in short time.

And cross play was incredibly flakey with frequent lost progress when moving from phone to tablet and back again.

3. PocketPlanes1991

Feb 25, 2015
    Oh dear.

I initially got into this game via an Android tablet but I had stop when the Android version of the game was discontinued. I now play via a 2nd Gen iPad which shows its age as starting the app seemingly takes ages and a simple task such as browsing through jobs seems to take a while. On my Android tablet, whenever an in-game notification came in (Such as a plane landing), I could tap on it and it would send me to it so I could send that plane off again (Awfully handy when doing the events !), however, this doesn't work on my iPad. I've been thinking of upgrading to an iPad Pro but I might have to think twice now.

4. PocketPlanes1991

Feb 25, 2015
    I've managed to acquire a new iPad (Pro) which is a fantastic upgrade from my iPad 2 ! I've also managed to successfully transfer my existing game over as well !

It's essentially making sure your iCloud backup is active on your account and in game and then make a backup. I had already set up my new Pro but since I had hardly broken it in, I reset it and their is a choice when your setting it up that includes restoring from a backup, make the relevant choice and viola ! Although I have a 1st gen Pro, the game works well and smooth. Performance is really a step up from the iPad 2.

5. Flysher

Flysher Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Holy crap, this thread is still here after so many years!

I’m really hoping Nimblebit runs with their new LEGO partnership and releases pocket planes legos next. PP is probably the best game I’ve ever played on a mobile device, and I’d love to see them come up with a newer improved version.

Jonesy0329 likes this.
  6. Jonesy0329

Jonesy0329 Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2012
    Alabama
    #19306 Jonesy0329, Feb 10, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    Wow, still here!

I just downloaded the game, again. Starting from scratch, again. Almost to level 8 and the coveted Mapples

If anyone is still active, add me 1PZZ1

icoker likes this.
  7. Asp

Asp Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Pocket Planes no longer in stock at my local app store, though available from previous purchase. Entirely possible that NimbleBit are assembling new ones from Lego as we speak.
    1QOBZ.

8. carapau

carapau New Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Pocket Planes again in Android Market . :cool:

9. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    If you follow the dev twitter, they've started beta testing for iOS as well. They're updating the game after a long hiatus!

10. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #19310 ste86uk, May 8, 2022
    Last edited: May 10, 2022
    Interesting, I use to enjoy this game for a while. I wonder what they are doing with it. I seen some of their other titles have had minor updates all recently after a long time of silence too. Something stirring in the nimblebit camp or just coincidence?

Edit: seen they were looking for iOS beta testers 5 days ago on Reddit but then also seen something else saying the game is days or weeks away from coming back but they said hopefully days.

Pagan Fox likes this.
  11. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    It’s back on the U.K. store

12. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    The iOS update has been out for a few days now. Game runs so smooth; it brings tears to my eyes. Reminds me of how smooth it was when I played it on iPhone 4 (and the now discontinued iPod Touch). There are also other game mechanic updates in addition to cosmetic changes.